DCC Live Updates

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Alex Jerry Calderon is based in Houston now, and I've never seen him lose a money match, he double dipped Jerry Jones in the Lone Star one pocket tournament in Houston this year to win it... I might be mistaken, but I think he put Frost in the losers bracket also... I don't know Ike's speed, but if they happen to play, I'll take Jerry for a couple of bucks if it comes up at DCC...
just looked him up on utube--yea, he can play......

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
I'll say one thing: most of those Ruskies are fearless. I remember when Stalev was making the rounds. He didn't take no sheet off nobody...:cool: I think it's in their culture.

~Doc
yea-- and theyre probably the only ones that can beat efren in chess........:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
First round one pocket

First round one pocket

As of 9:15 CST Sunday

Mitch won

Chris (Cincy) drew Alex P. :eek:

"Little D" got beat by David McClelland

Hacker apparently hasn't played yet

Col Bille lost to Jeromy Hanes

Dustin hasn't played yet

Bernie won

I don't recognize any other 1P. org names or surprising losses

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
More round one 1P, etc

More round one 1P, etc

Steve plays tonight at 11:00

Brumback drew Bustamante -- 10:AM Mon

Chicago Mike 10:00AM Mon

Lou Figueroa drew Jason Klatt - 10:00 AM

Ike Runnels still undefeated through 8 rounds of banks, next plays Fedor Gorst 5:30 Mon

Jerry Matchin drew Cliff Joyner -- 10:00 AM

Hacker plays 10:00 AM

Dustin Miller plays at Noon

Piggy Banks and Billy Thorpe are up against each other in banks, each undefeated. -- 5:30 Mon (Thorpe made his 1P debut at DCC against Piggy -- at about age 17 I think -- and beat him.)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
So I looked at that listing. So does this mean that Dennis Hatch, Billy Thorpe, Bustamonte, Larry Nevel, and Warren Kiamco, and Piggy Banks, are all going to round nine with no losses in the bank tournament? Can that be true??!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
So I looked at that listing. So does this mean that Dennis Hatch, Billy Thorpe, Bustamonte, Larry Nevel, and Warren Kiamco, and Piggy Banks, are all going to round nine with no losses in the bank tournament? Can that be true??!

Yeah, that's the way I read it.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
One pocket round two

One pocket round two

As of 4:15 PM Mon

The way I read it, Brumback lost to Busty in Round 1, then Busty got beat in round 2 by someone I never heard of: Shannon Fitch.

Brumback won in round two

Col Bille drew one of the Russians (Busalev) and lost his second

Gorst got beat by Jason Chance

Richie Rich got beat by someone I never heard of (John Rawski)

Don Steele -- a very friendly 80-year-old and good player who played in the Senior or SS with us lost his first in the second round.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
DCC Live Updates

I play Kevin West at 8:00pm for my second round match. Kevin is a regional rotation champ out of the Maryland DC area. Shoots lights out, but I'm hoping his 1p game is not as strong as rotation. We'll see. Looking forward to it!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Scheduled matches

Scheduled matches

Mitch plays undefeated Kevin West at 8:00

Lee Van Corteza is playing in the one pocket. I didn't think he'd played in it before, but if he decides he wants to compete in it, he could become a force.

Cory Deuel and Joey Gray play at 6:00 PM... should be a TV match

Chicago Mike plays at 10:00 tonight

Dennis Hatch still undefeated in the banks... a surprise to me. Same with Warren Kiamco (I get the impression that Kiamco's game has come up a little)

Chris (Cincy) plays undefeated Chris King tonight at 8:00

Jerry Matchin is playing now... some player with one loss I've never heard of before.

Hacker is playing some 1-loss player now

Larry Nevel and Dennis Hatch play one pocket tonight at 10:00... could be a good one to watch.

Bernie plays Oliver Taylor? at 6:00

Shane Winters and John Gabriel, both undefeated, play one pocket tonight at 10:00 -- a close match, I think

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

The way I read it, Brumback lost to Busty in Round 1, then Busty got beat in round 2 by someone I never heard of: Shannon Fitch.

Don Steele -- a very friendly 80-year-old and good player who played in the Senior or SS with us lost his first in the second round.

John...

Great win for Shannon - Shannon Fitch is a southern guy, Alabama maybe, I forget - he gots a long dark ponytail - plays all games strong - nice guy - I've played him.

Good win for John...John Rawski is one of my homeboys - he's one of our strong players here in Chi....he and I have been playing each other for the last 25 years...he usually travels to the DCC with Larry Schwartz, and is part of the Billy I. Chris Gentile posse.

- Ghost

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I play Kevin West at 8:00pm for my second round match. Kevin is a regional rotation champ out of the Maryland DC area. Shoots lights out, but I'm hoping his 1p game is not as strong as rotation. We'll see. Looking forward to it!

Hey Mitch, Kevin West is from my general area of MD. He is a very nice guy and a gentleman on the table. I've known Kevin a long time. He plays all games well and will likely give you a tough time of it but you can get there and I will root for you to do so.

That said, you have my permission to bust him! :)
Good luck.
Please tell him Hello from me. :)

Tom

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
DCC Live Updates

Hey Mitch, Kevin West is from my general area of MD. He is a very nice guy and a gentleman on the table. I've known Kevin a long time. He plays all games well and will likely give you a tough time of it but you can get there and I will root for you to do so.

That said, you have my permission to bust him! :)

Good luck.

Please tell him Hello from me. :)

Tom

Thanks Tom. I actually know Kevin as well and he is a great guy. That said, I am still going to pummel him heh.

El Chapo

Verified Member
Wow, he's really on a roll. I knew he used to play well, but I haven't seen much of him for a few years.

Thanks Ghost and Tom for the info about those guys.

Yeah he was playing scary good nine ball back in the 90s. He's one of a growing number of guys, only guessing I live on the opposite coast as him, that really got fed up with the money in pool at some point. There are world beaters out there who'll hardly hit a ball, it's sad, but good to hear Dennis seems to have a spark reignited.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo

john rawski is a very good player from chicago-- especially in banks and one pocket-- and speaking of chicago players, where is Sergio Perez?? And Don Steele from Pittsburg!! Was wondering about him just the other day, glad he's still around!

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
john rawski is a very good player from chicago-- especially in banks and one pocket-- and speaking of chicago players, where is Sergio Perez?? And Don Steele from Pittsburg!! Was wondering about him just the other day, glad he's still around!

We really enjoyed Don, and he's still playing very well.

Glad to know about Rawski. Don't think I ever heard his name before.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Rnd 10 banks, Rnd 2 1P

Rnd 10 banks, Rnd 2 1P

Undefeated in banks

Kiamco
Thorpe

IP

Matchin won

Corey deuel beat Joey Gray

Cincy won

Hacker won

Bernie won

All I see

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
1P rnd 3

1P rnd 3

Still in progress.

Most of the people who are supposed to be undefeated still are, including Bernie.

Mitch plays at 2:00 (EST?)

Cincy plays Mike DeLawder at 2:00

Jerry Matchin is playing now (undefeated Michael Dearing)

Van Boening and Chohan play at 2:30... TV, I hope

Hacker lost to Chip Compton

Anyone know Robert Frost? I've heard his name several times over the years, but never seen him play. He must be solid... Chicago Mike lost to him.