Tool bar functionality

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Has anyone else lost their tool bar options functionality in their post or reply screens?

I'm unable to choose different fonts or colors, bold, italics, underline, etc.

There's probably a Plain Text Only button that I accidentally clicked on, but I can't find it. Anyone know?

Thanks,
~Doc

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Has anyone else lost their tool bar options functionality in their post or reply screens?

I'm unable to choose different fonts or colors, bold, italics, underline, etc.

There's probably a Plain Text Only button that I accidentally clicked on, but I can't find it. Anyone know?

Thanks,
~Doc

Mine seems normal ,, DocMine seems normalMine is not normal Is this normal.I like Franklin Gothic Medium sometimes

I do not knowI do not tinker with it much

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Mine seems normal ,, DocMine seems normalMine is not normal Is this normal.I like Franklin Gothic Medium sometimes

I do not knowI do not tinker with it much

I didn't mean to post that. I was just messing and trying to find out for Doc and hit enter and it flew up there..

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, I don't know what happened. I notice that the little double A symbol to the left of the font type has a little red X through it, so I imagine that means I'm not permitted HTML functionality.

Down at the bottom box where it says "Posting Rules", it says that HTML is ON, but it's not highlighted, so I'm wondering.

I'll send a note to Steve. Maybe he can see what's missing.

~Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Yeah, I don't know what happened. I notice that the little double A symbol to the left of the font type has a little red X through it, so I imagine that means I'm not permitted HTML functionality.

Down at the bottom box where it says "Posting Rules", it says that HTML is ON, but it's not highlighted, so I'm wondering.

I'll send a note to Steve. Maybe he can see what's missing.

~Doc

I know you have tried this Doc, reset your browser and or your computer.

Hidy Ho

Verified Member
From
BKK/SFO
~Doc

That setting is same as mine.

First thing I would do is check the setting under User CP> Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface to make sure it's set to enhanced interface otion and not Basic Editor.

After that, you should try the forum on different browsers (chrome, FF, Opera, IE) to see if it's browser related issue.

I would clear cache, reboot the PC and then try on different browsers, if the problem still exists.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That setting is same as mine.

First thing I would do is check the setting under User CP> Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface to make sure it's set to enhanced interface otion and not Basic Editor.

After that, you should try the forum on different browsers (chrome, FF, Opera, IE) to see if it's browser related issue.

I would clear cache, reboot the PC and then try on different browsers, if the problem still exists.
Thanks for the tips, Hidy Ho. I did change the message editor to enhanced, although it was already set to Standard.

Then I went to IE to try it. It worked fine. Then I checked my NoScript control panel, and somehow 1p.o had been disallowed. I must have accidentally switched it at some point.

So now it works fine. Thanks for all the suggestions!

~Doc