No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. John 1 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make the 10 going forward enough to take out the 3 next, trying to be a hero here and win would almost certainly make me lose.

Comment

Interesting WWYD Ghost, glad you're back... pulling for you to stick around..

I would just pocket the 10 and roll up enough to give him the 3.. Score 3/2..

Taking out the 3 from where the CB is now looks dicey to me.. Looks like I could easily lose the CB to a bad spot trying to take the 3 out now..

All the other offensive shots look more difficult than just simply pocketing the 10 ball, plus they carry the possibility of losing the game or falling drastically behind if missed... I realize that the 10 ball also has that downside, but I feel like it's a 90% make for me, especially if I'm not trying to shape the 4 ball, which looks double difficult if not impossible at that angle...

I also liked rolling on the 2, like LSJohn and Bill M., but I just didnt like leaving the 3 by his pocket, it's gotta go...
      Last edited by Jeff sparks; 02-14-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I'm not taking an offensive shot at the stack in conjunction with taking out the 3 at the same time, it's just too risky for my liking. Too many things could go wrong including selling out the 3 or selling out a bank by coming up too high.

I may be a little too aggressive sometimes, but I am probably banking the 3 ball 3 rails with low and a touch of inside, leaving the CB on the bottom rail about where the 4 is. I know it's a little shallow coming out of the 1st rail, but I'm hitting the 3 ball just hard enough to get it in play on my side, still above the stack.
        proud papa, one pocket addict, student of the game.

Comment

I think for pro players and very strong ball pocketers the 1 or the 14 are good choices. But I think for average players, like myself and most players here on the site, taking out the 3 and leaving the cueball under the stack is the right shot here.

Old School

Comment

I'm having second thoughts about rolling on the 2. That 12 ball straightback is gonna look pretty juicy for the Ghost.

Guess I'd better take the 3 out. Now all I have to do is out-move the Ghost the rest of the way.

Comment

For starters i'm not shooting the 10ball, too difficult of a shot considering the reward, not me. I'm on the fence with either taking out the 3ball with a med. soft roll inside english, or if I like the carom off the 4ball i'm shooting the 14ball and playing to hit it on the thin side with a soft roll. I'm probably playing the 14ball looks too inviting.

Dr. Bill

Comment

I would softly take out the three making sure that he wouldn't be able to see the ten or the one. Moat of those balls favor John.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                  For starters i'm not shooting the 10ball, too difficult of a shot considering the reward, not me. I'm on the fence with either taking out the 3ball with a med. soft roll inside english, or if I like the carom off the 4ball i'm shooting the 14ball and playing to hit it on the thin side with a soft roll. I'm probably playing the 14ball looks too inviting.

Dr. Bill
                  I like this.
                  Renegade

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade_56 View Post
                    I like this.
                    Yep, the carom off the 4 is fat at that speed, be hard ta miss the 3. You make the shot, you could run out from here. You also have control of the 4 ball, and when the 3 goes down, you'll have good bridge and cue position away from the long rail.
                    Bill Meacham
                    WBT
                    www.worldbilliardtour.com
                    no link....

Comment

I'm shooting the 10 ball and coming around for all those balls that go in my hole. If don't get there, I can take out the 3 then. That 10 ball shot is just too routine to pass up. Especially when position is automatic to possibly run out.
                      "You can have the bragging rights, I'll take the cash!"-me

Comment

Yea ok, I get to change my mind too

I do like the carom off the 14/4 much better than off the 12/8 combo in my initial reply. It seems more natural and at that angle a much less chance of a scratch off the 3.

On a side note, for those who are shooting at the 10, wouldn't it be easier to use a little low and have natural shape on the 1 next instead of using follow to get on the 4 or the take out on the 3?

This is one of the weak parts of my game (ball running and pattern play) - so I could be way off but at first glance it looks like the 10 to the 1 would be the way to go.

EDIT: never mind on the 10 to 1...looked at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                          Interesting WWYD Ghost, glad you're back... pulling for you to stick around..

I would just pocket the 10 and roll up enough to give him the 3.. Score 3/2..
                          Thanks Jeff.

Well, John came very close to shooting the 14 ball - got down on it a couple of times but decided against pulling the trigger.....he instead shot the semi-conservative shot that Jeff and a couple of other guys liked - he shot the 12 ball in, not trying to shape up on anything - then he dug out my 3 ball after that.

- Ghost
                          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

he shot the 12? in where

Comment

Originally posted by tsk7878 View Post
                              he shot the 12? in where
                              good question
                              Renegade

Comment

Originally posted by tsk7878 View Post
                                he shot the 12? in where
                                Originally posted by Renegade_56 View Post
                                good question