You need 2 to win

youngstown

Verified Member
You are bottom right, need 2. The CB is frozen.

Last edited:

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Can't tell from pic if there's a kiss on the 3 ball cross bank -- if not, I bank with inside-- if I make the. 3, I bank the 1-- game over...... If there's a kiss on 3 ball, I play safe putting 3 ball on my side......

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I think I've seen a trick shot of sorts from here: 2-rail the 1 with some good inside so the cueball follows a Z path to the bottom rail. Easy bank on the 3 to bring it home.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Can't tell from pic if there's a kiss on the 3 ball cross bank -- if not, I bank with inside-- if I make the. 3, I bank the 1-- game over...... If there's a kiss on 3 ball, I play safe putting 3 ball on my side......

Im also playing this shot. It mostly gets a kiss though, but the 3 gets kicked up table with a poor QB angle to bank the 1.

unoperro

Verified Member
Rail first kick the 3 out three rails. This shot is strong once you develop a feel for it.

unoperro

Verified Member
I would long-rail-first the 3 sending CB to the middle of the head rail off the 3rd rail.

Do you mean off the 4th rail? Long_short-long-long.

I think thats too hard and 3 will come back to offer a good shot.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Rail first kick the 3 out three rails. This shot is strong once you develop a feel for it.

Not sure about this. For me the goal in kicking the 3 ball from the bottom rail is a soft hit keeping the 3 ball in the banking lane of that straight back.:)

baby huey

Verified Member
Just cross the three ball and focus on avoiding the kiss. Don't try to make it but get the cueball back up table by the one ball.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Do you mean off the 4th rail? Long_short-long-long.

Yes, but I didn't count the rail before contact.
I think thats too hard and 3 will come back to offer a good shot.

Granted, I need to hit the 3 less than half-ball, but CB runs like crazy without shooting very hard. I've shot similar quite a bit and rarely comes out bad, plus, moves the 3 where it's a threat to him as much as to me, and especially in this case, the two balls on the spot will complicate matters for him if he tries to do something with the 3.

You've got 10-6; 10 on top for $20, winner pays the time. :D

P.S. How's Danny O doin'? Haven't seen him in a while.

youngstown

Verified Member
You need 2 to win

My opponent used left spin and cut off the left edge of the 1, causing the 1 to bank toward my long rail near the head string (which took away the straight back), as the cue ball went 3 rails (long long short) onto or very near the bottom rail about a diamond and a half from my pocket.

I don't know what his intentions were, possibly to put me under the 3? Maybe just to get to the bottom rail?

Last edited: