Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that we know our tournament is in Chicago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
    Thats funny Jeff, yea i didn't think he minded or i wouldn't have said anything, he used it as his username when he signed up. hahaha
    He has it engraved on his leather cue case in big bold letters... Like I said, he likes it now... and in reference to LSJohn's post, he is a super nice guy, warm and friendly all the time... I talked to him a few days ago just to see if he was interested in going this year and he really didn't know yet... He's a very good player as some of you know, and should have beat me in the final last year... I think he just felt sorry for me and let me win... It looked like he bet on me...

Comment

Well I let you guys have your fun last time. However this time there is a good chance I will come and steal this money. If I decide to come Im going to wear a ski mask the whole tournament.. no joke...

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
        Well I let you guys have your fun last time. However this time there is a good chance I will come and steal this money. If I decide to come Im going to wear a ski mask the whole tournament.. no joke...
        Rob....I would be so honored to have you at my home poolroom, that I would absolutely insist on getting all of your drinks for you... ...
        Attached Files
        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
          FWIW early June temps and late July temps can be like night and day. One things for sure, in late July it's warm.
          I believe August is the worst. I'm planning on playing so I'm hoping for mid July

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
            I believe August is the worst. I'm planning on playing so I'm hoping for mid July
            mid july is what i'm hoping for as well. looking at a calendar, weekend after the fourth (falls on a tuesday) might make sense for the those who aren't retired or self employed...lol. with work and what not, if a date isn't set soon, i might be bunk. it fills up fast.

moot point. looks like june is currently leading the league.....
            Last edited by Miller; 03-09-2017, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
              If youre talking about weather, there is no difference between hot muggy July and hot muggy August except after a hot muggy month of July, you still have another hot muggy month of August. But them again, if you live in hot muggy places during the summer, one hot muggy day is just as bad as the next hot muggy day. One think to be great full about is how hot it would be if climate change were real.
              Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Are we going to have another poll to determine what weekend we are having the tournament? My only suggestion would be to have a weekend that the Cubs are not in town. I would like to go to some games while I am there but I cant go to any White Sox games. I got rid of my baggy pants.
                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                  If youre talking about weather, there is no difference between hot muggy July and hot muggy August except after a hot muggy month of July, you still have another hot muggy month of August. But them again, if you live in hot muggy places during the summer, one hot muggy day is just as bad as the next hot muggy day. One think to be great full about is how hot it would be if climate change were real.
                  You a funny guy. Hot muggy July, that's Arizona. Talk about hot, how about the Central Valley of California. I spent 20 years in Detroit, similar weather, the end of July starts getting hot.

How about the weekend of July 8 or 15

Comment

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                    Are we going to have another poll to determine what weekend we are having the tournament? My only suggestion would be to have a weekend that the Cubs are not in town. I would like to go to some games while I am there but I cant go to any White Sox games. I got rid of my baggy pants.
                    Cubs/Cards July 21st, 22nd 23rd at Wrigley, then Monday and Tuesday July 24th and 25th the White Sox will be at Wrigley.. You wouldn't even have to wear your baggy pants or your old folks sweater...lol

BTW i voted for June only, but July also works for me if it helps folks who can't make it in June...

Comment

Mid-late July sounds great! If you've never been to Wrigley, make sure you get bleacher seats. as long as you're not too sun-averse, it's an experience all in itself. make sure you leave several hours of pre-game time in Wrigleyville before the game!
                      proud papa, one pocket addict, student of the game.

Comment

I just heard from John Rizzo and James Christopher, they want to ride up with me to Chicago and play in the 2nd Annual One Pocket.Org Member tournament... We would like to post our entry fees and get on the list of participants as soon as the information about where to send the entry fees is provided.. I believe Matt and Lizz have volunteered to ramrod this event, so if they see this post, perhaps they will provide all of us with that information..
                        We are at 3 and counting... Oh, and also Matt, are you planning on limiting the field to the first 32 paid entries or are you going unlimited entries this year because Chris's Billiards has plenty of tables to accommodate a larger field?

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                          Rob....I would be so honored to have you at my home poolroom, that I would absolutely insist on getting all of your drinks for you... ...
                          Loved this, both the top and the bottom posts...
                          Let the woofing begin and the Jar come in...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                            I just heard from John Rizzo and James Christopher, they want to ride up with me to Chicago and play in the 2nd Annual One Pocket.Org Member tournament... We would like to post our entry fees and get on the list of participants as soon as the information about where to send the entry fees is provided.. I believe Matt and Lizz have volunteered to ramrod this event, so if they see this post, perhaps they will provide all of us with that information..
                            We are at 3 and counting... Oh, and also Matt, are you planning on limiting the field to the first 32 paid entries or are you going unlimited entries this year because Chris's Billiards has plenty of tables to accommodate a larger field?
                            I think we are just waiting for them to finalize which weekend dates it will happen on. I think Steve is coordinating that with Ghost and as soon as we know when, then members can start RSVPing with entry fees. I cant remember if I posted this somewhere or just "thought" it. Would it be strictly a first come first serve based on paid entry fees? I think that's probably the fairest way to do it imo.

Also I think Steve said in some thread that we would use the same format (32 players) but you do bring up a good point with a larger pool room so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                              I think we are just waiting for them to finalize which weekend dates it will happen on. I think Steve is coordinating that with Ghost and as soon as we know when, then members can start RSVPing with entry fees. I cant remember if I posted this somewhere or just "thought" it. Would it be strictly a first come first serve based on paid entry fees? I think that's probably the fairest way to do it imo.

Also I think Steve said in some thread that we would use the same format (32 players) but you do bring up a good point with a larger pool room so who knows.
                              The poll has two more days left so the month hasn't even been decided...

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                                The poll has two more days left so the month hasn't even been decided...
                                True, but its looking like June...

Comment

Working...
                                X