Clear All

Ghost vs. John 8 wwyd

Now WWYD in my "you need 1" thread

Comment

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
      Now WWYD in my "you need 1" thread
      Fair enough ----->

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showp...3&postcount=28
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
        Ok, John's had me in trouble in a few of these recent wwyd's - this time he's in big trouble...

John's shot --- John's pocket is to the right of the cueball - that's my pocket with all those balls in front of it --- score is 3-3, both going to 8 --- wwyd? ----->
        I'd shoot off the ten, off the 12, into the 7. I'd be hitting the 12 really thin, so I might miss it and go gently to the bottom rail.

Comment

I am kicking one rail into the 7

Comment

Originally posted by wgcp View Post
            I am taking a foul under the seven, side rail to the bottom rail and waiting for my next look...one ball loss is worth the foul not to lose from here...

B
            Quit stealing my choices.
            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Uuh..I know it's more fun in these wwyd's to be on 'virtual offense'..but sometimes you've just got to man up and deal with being in a trap......

That said, I've noticed that 3 or 4 of the better players on our site (not mentioning any names ) have been logged in today but didn't post a response to this situation...maybe it's cuz they don't know what to do here - ya think?......

- Ghost
              Its not that much of a trap.
              Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

I would masse around the 3ball and kick the 7ball sliding to the side rail with the cue ball. Possible to hide the 3ball after cue ball comes to rest near side rail.

Dr. Bill

Comment

I'd consider banking the 9 to the foot rail and rollin' whitey to the head pocket. But I'd most likely make the five and roll to the foot rail.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

Comment

One rail kick behind the seven ball and the cueball floats over behind the eleven ball and you are out of the trap. Keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                      I am kicking one rail into the 7
                      Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
                      One rail kick behind the seven ball and the cueball floats over behind the eleven ball and you are out of the trap. Keep it simple.
                      Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                      I would masse around the 3ball and kick the 7ball sliding to the side rail with the cue ball. Possible to hide the 3ball after cue ball comes to rest near side rail.

Dr. Bill
                      As Billy determined from the pics...the option of naturally kicking the 7 was not available - you would have to be willing to masse the shot to shoot it.
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

As Billy determined from the pics...the option of naturally kicking the 7 was not available - you would have to be willing to masse the shot to shoot it.
                        It looks like a very small masse, since the left spin will do most of the work of getting from the rail to the bottom of the 7. I like it! At the table, I might chicken out and opt to just kick to the bottom rail under the 7. But that risks leaving a return shot that grazes the 7 and puts you back where you are now.
                        "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Bank the 10 into the top side of the 11 and via chain reaction the other balls move away from your hole...park whitey on the uptable short rail.
                          Last edited by chicagomike; 03-09-2017, 04:17 PM. Reason: Mistake
                          Live long and play strong,
                          -Chicagomike

Comment

Way the shots lined up, I'd consider shooting at the five and slightly clip the 7....banking it cross corner. It's laying dead on perfect to clip the seven. A very controllable/makeable type shot the way it sits.
                            Bill Meacham
                            WBT
                            no link....

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                              Way the shots lined up, I'd shoot at the five and slightly clip the 7....banking it cross corner. It's laying dead on perfect to clip the seven.
                              Bill,
                              Lay that pipe down BRA...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                                Bill,
                                Lay that pipe down BRA...
                                Got league tonight, I'm psyched .

Just got two new shafts last night/UPS.
                                Bill Meacham
                                WBT
                                no link....