Ghost vs. John 8 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. John 8 wwyd

Ok, John's had me in trouble in a few of these recent wwyd's - this time he's in big trouble...

John's shot --- John's pocket is to the right of the cueball - that's my pocket with all those balls in front of it --- score is 3-3, both going to 8 --- wwyd? ----->
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

and another ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
        Attached Files

Comment

I guess i'm drawing off the ten and putting the cue ball on the rail by the penny

Comment

I'm coming off the 10 into the top of the 7 and pushing it to the short rail here.
            Renegade

Comment

Bank the 10 into the top of the 13 to take it out, while sending whitey up table.

Comment

I am taking a foul under the seven, side rail to the bottom rail and waiting for my next look...one ball loss is worth the foul not to lose from here...

B
                Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

Ghost vs. John 8 wwyd

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                  Bank the 10 into the top of the 13 to take it out, while sending whitey up table.

I like this also. Being able to draw the cue uptable around his corner comes in handy often, and is a shot that should be practiced imo. Have to have it in your arsenal.
                  Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Well, good one Ghost...

I don't like kicking 1 rail long to try to get behind the 11, the 7 is too big and he is going to have some sort of cross corner out of it I feel.

I have 2 different circus style shots that I see from here that I may try.

Shot 1
                    Shoot the 9 ball into the right side of the 1 ball making both the 1 and 9 travel 2/3 rails back towards your hole. This is also good because it helps clear your bank lane on your side. You some LHE on the CB and it travels 3 rails around and gets close to your opponents pocket. Kind of like this:

Shot 2
                    Shoot the 10 ball bank into the back side of the 13. The 10 ball comes off the 13 and pushes the 8 and 12 towards my side and the 13 may even bump the 7 to my side too. With some LHE I am hoping to aim the CB to hit right after the side pocket so that it comes out of the top corner tight and 3 rails around back again by his pocket. Kind of like this:

Comment

Originally posted by wgcp View Post
                      I am taking a foul under the seven, side rail to the bottom rail and waiting for my next look...one ball loss is worth the foul not to lose from here...

B
                      I like this, especially if I can protect the 5 ball by getting him behind the 7 ball..
                      The 13 ball has to be moved, no doubt, and the sooner the better, but moving it now and leaving the CB up table leaves a free shot at winning the game if the 8 isn't moved along with the 13... If I was sure I could move the 8 along with the 13, then I would shoot this shot...

Comment

cincy i think your breakfast cereal was spiked,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                          cincy i think your breakfast cereal was spiked,,,,,,,,,,
                          haha, thanks Larry!

Like I said in the post...I dont see a good intentional place to get to where dont leave some sort of return bank, so it's circus shot time

Comment

Uuh..I know it's more fun in these wwyd's to be on 'virtual offense'..but sometimes you've just got to man up and deal with being in a trap......

That said, I've noticed that 3 or 4 of the better players on our site (not mentioning any names ) have been logged in today but didn't post a response to this situation...maybe it's cuz they don't know what to do here - ya think?......

- Ghost

Comment

Ghost vs. John 8 wwyd

I hate doing this but I feel like I need to take my lump here, make the 3 ball, and pin him under the 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X