Free Live Stream: Friday/Saturday - Boch's One Pocket Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
    So far today the only guy playing well is Frank Almanza. Sorry to say it, but I'm very surprised at how poorly Wayne and Phil have played. Also, it's hard to tell for sure watching on the stream, but to me it seems like the rails on this table play kind of dead.

Old School
    youre right about those rails, they dont bank right.....kinda squishy......

Comment

who won wayne's last game?

(looked like the balls were going up-steam, got busy, turned around and it was over....)

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
        who won wayne's last game?

(looked like the balls were going up-steam, got busy, turned around and it was over....)
        Wayne won his match.

Comment

I tried to watch some of the first match, but immediately fell asleep. When I woke up someone was just hitting balls. The rails did seen a tad soft, but maybe it's an illusion because the ball is traveling two extra feet on the straightbacks...

Comment

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
            I tried to watch some of the first match, but immediately fell asleep. When I woke up someone was just hitting balls. The rails did seen a tad soft, but maybe it's an illusion because the ball is traveling two extra feet on the straightbacks...
            i watched it off an on all afternoon/evening. frank played very well 1st match. 2nd match - john and wayne both caught a case of the yips.....we all know both these guys can play some.....just goes to show its a whole different world when you're actually in the grease.....(there were a couple very salty shots from both). 3rd match - don't know phil from adam, but good to see him get in stroke and make a couple real nice runs. from what i saw, looked like wayne had whitey on a string and protected his position masterfully at times.

looking forward to catching some more tomorrow.

(and what a nice home room.....)

Comment

I watched part of Frank's match and it was 1-0 Frank, I went away for just a short time and when I came back i guess it was over because Wayne and John were getting ready to play.

Watched a lot of that match and yes, they may have missed some shots but I liked that final game they played hill/hill. Good back and forth and came down to where either guy could have won.

Table definitely seems slow and rails maybe not as live but its cool to see the game played on a 10 foot, changes the game quite a bit. You could for sure go for your hole a little more and leave the CB long up table near the rail and gl on your opponent making that shot...he would have to get out his binoculars.

Hopefully will get to catch some more this weekend, good luck today guys!

Great home room and great stream, thanks again Daniel!

(I have not been able to hear any of the commentary as I have it muted so it doesn't disturb my better half)

Comment

Enjoyable play from everyone. It's been a long time since I've played on a 10-footer, and of course the increased table dimension does make it seem slower; but the speed of the table they're using seems to me about the speed which most tables used to be-- certainly back in the '50s-'70s. In general the tables were slower than those of today. It took a good stroke to move the balls around the table for longer distances. The slightly slower speeds seemed beneficial for 9 ball, because the shooter could let out his stroke a little. But it makes it a little more challenging for 1P.

~Doc

Comment

What time does play start today?
                  Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                    Enjoyable play from everyone. It's been a long time since I've played on a 10-footer, and of course the increased table dimension does make it seem slower; but the speed of the table they're using seems to me about the speed which most tables used to be-- certainly back in the '50s-'70s. In general the tables were slower than those of today. It took a good stroke to move the balls around the table for longer distances. The slightly slower speeds seemed beneficial for 9 ball, because the shooter could let out his stroke a little. But it makes it a little more challenging for 1P.

~Doc
                    i would agree with this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                      What time does play start today?
                      I was wondering that also. Daniel will probably post the match times soon. But it does say on the YT site that coverage begins each day at 10 A.M., so they may keep to the same schedule as they had yesterday.

The players are probably now just tearing into their Frosted Flakes and Ovaltine, although Phil seems more like a Starbucks and Skittles fan...

~Doc

Comment

I was wondering that also. Daniel will probably post the match times soon. But it does say on the YT site that coverage begins each day at 10 A.M., so they may keep to the same schedule as they had yesterday.

The players are probably now just tearing into their Frosted Flakes and Ovaltine, although Phil seems more like a Starbucks and Skittles fan...

~Doc

I think he said 12, Doc.. Which is 3 my time.. New York time.. It might be have said 11.. Can't be sure..
                        "Born Into This"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                          I think he said 12, Doc.. Which is 3 my time.. New York time.. It might be have said 11.. Can't be sure..
                          I'm just finishing my frosted flakes and Ovaltine and getting ready to head over there. First match is at 12 pm PST.

The table is very intimidating because it does play a bit slow and the banks need a bit of getting used to. There are a lot of shots that you want o shoot at but the distance makes you think twice about it. We'll see what happens to day. Enjoy the matches.

Comment

Thanks, Frank. And good luck to you!

~Doc

Comment

~Doc
                              It is a challenging table Doc. I think Frank figured it out first to play as many shots as possible with center cue ball.

I had a little meltdown against Wayne and let him back in it 2/2, but I noticed he likes to spin the spot shots(I scratched a few times) and the added distance caused him problems with a shot he usually makes.

I am having a great time and it is nice to see some old friends and tee it up today with Frank.
                              JOHN HENDERSON
                              Al Romero Cue
                              Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                                It is a challenging table Doc. I think Frank figured it out first to play as many shots as possible with center cue ball.

I had a little meltdown against Wayne and let him back in it 2/2, but I noticed he likes to spin the spot shots(I scratched a few times) and the added distance caused him problems with a shot he usually makes.

I am having a great time and it is nice to see some old friends and tee it up today with Frank.
                                Sorry I could not watch the match full time John, I had to go pull weeds in the yard. How about that Hermosa Beach. I would live there if I could afford it.
                                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Working...
                                X