Free Live Stream: Friday/Saturday - Boch's One Pocket Challenge

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
The following match times for Friday are locked!

FRIDAY MATCHES

12pm / PST
Match #1: Frank Almanza vs Phil Misson / RACE TO 3

2pm / PST
Match #2: John Henderson vs Wayne Pullen

4pm / PST
Match #3: Loser 1 vs Loser 2

Live Stream Begins at 11am/PST for practice and introductions...

Free and Live: http://www.YouTube.com/POVPOOL/live

Attachments

• 2017-BOCHS-FINAL-POSTER.jpg
    2017-BOCHS-FINAL-POSTER.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 0

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Well I'm getting ready to leave to play my match. I have two goals for myself for today. One is to not embarrass myself and the other is to win this thing.
If I succeed with the first goal then I have a good chance at the other. Of course a good roll here and there could help.

Either way I want to thank Daniel Busch with POV pool and James Boch, his wife, and all the others involved for putting this together. I'm honored to be one of the invited players. I hope the show will be enjoyable to all the viewers.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
off work today, tinkering around in the shop. planning on catching a lot of this. da barber is my favorite but hard to root against hendy and wayne. sounds like a neat set up (enjoyed the video teasers....).

good luck fellas. fight for every ball......

:)

(i'll put $25 on frank to win it. just confirm and its yours.....)

gerri3404

Verified Member
Big foot takes over one pocket!!!

Big foot takes over one pocket!!!

Have you ever played on a ten foot table? ok, maybe you have...but have you played one pocket on a ten foot table? Chances are you haven't tried it and neither have we, but these four guys are going to take on James Boch's challenge. Wayne Pullen, "The Barber" Frank Almanza, "Hendy" John R Henderson and Phil Misson are matching up in this four man one pocket tournament on the BIG FOOT 10' table at the Bochs' house.

POV Pool will be bringing you the live coverage Friday, March 10th and 11th at NOON/pst.

16298762_10210000455501086_5511050707064793179_n.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Played Phil about 7 years ago out there in Santa Monica - he shoots real straight...this 1st match is for the most part, a mover vs. shooter match...Phil loves to fire at his hole, and Frank will be planning to out move him...should be a close match.

Thanks for the stream Daniel.

- Ghost

Last edited:

gerri3404

Verified Member
Up Next on James Boch's 10' Tournament...John Henderson vs. Wayne Pullen!

We are also honored with the commentary of one of Socal's Greatest, Richard Grenier...1Pocket Rich!

Don't miss out!!!

IMG950220.jpg

Last edited:

OldSchool

Verified Member
So far today the only guy playing well is Frank Almanza. Sorry to say it, but I'm very surprised at how poorly Wayne and Phil have played. Also, it's hard to tell for sure watching on the stream, but to me it seems like the rails on this table play kind of dead.

Old School

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
So far today the only guy playing well is Frank Almanza. And it's hard to tell watching on the stream, but to me it seems like the rails on this table play kind of dead.

Old School

I posted before Frank was my pick.
He is taking the table size seriously.

gerri3404

Verified Member
"Santa Monica 0
Older than Dirt 2" - James Boch

John R Henderson and Frank Almanza continue on the winner's side, while Wayne Pullen and Phil Misson battle it out on the one-loss side!

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
So far today the only guy playing well is Frank Almanza. Sorry to say it, but I'm very surprised at how poorly Wayne and Phil have played. Also, it's hard to tell for sure watching on the stream, but to me it seems like the rails on this table play kind of dead.

Old School
youre right about those rails, they dont bank right.....kinda squishy......

youngstown

Verified Member
Free Live Stream: Friday/Saturday - Boch's One Pocket Challenge

I tried to watch some of the first match, but immediately fell asleep. When I woke up someone was just hitting balls. The rails did seen a tad soft, but maybe it's an illusion because the ball is traveling two extra feet on the straightbacks...

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I tried to watch some of the first match, but immediately fell asleep. When I woke up someone was just hitting balls. The rails did seen a tad soft, but maybe it's an illusion because the ball is traveling two extra feet on the straightbacks...

i watched it off an on all afternoon/evening. frank played very well 1st match. 2nd match - john and wayne both caught a case of the yips.....we all know both these guys can play some.....just goes to show its a whole different world when you're actually in the grease.....(there were a couple very salty shots from both). 3rd match - don't know phil from adam, but good to see him get in stroke and make a couple real nice runs. from what i saw, looked like wayne had whitey on a string and protected his position masterfully at times.

looking forward to catching some more tomorrow.

:)

(and what a nice home room.....)