Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the three months of woofing and lying begin...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
    I'm bringing my club..I'm going to club some seals boys..do me a favor guys, can you please swim right up to the boat so I can split your melons.....lmfao
    I'm your huckleberry and i'm most likely the worst player that will be there. And it won't take too much bait to reel me in. The bait i usually take from a good player is 12-6, the break and you also play to four and quit. 100 a game, freeze up 500 and we play till somebody gets it all. Good players normally get there against me in 7-9 games. It might take you a little longer

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
      I'm your huckleberry and i'm most likely the worst player that will be there. And it won't take too much bait to reel me in. The bait i usually take from a good player is 12-6, the break and you also play to four and quit. 100 a game, freeze up 500 and we play till somebody gets it all. Good players normally get there against me in 7-9 games. It might take you a little longer
      Do yourself a favor try to match up with some of these other guys that play closer to your speed... I have hustled players WAY smarter than you... In other words the guys you go chasing for autographs..

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by wgcp View Post
        I am willing to play anyone at the tourney...

        B

        Ghostie I probably need 2 balls from you...
        Billie, we were supposed to play at Derby but you bobbed and weaved like ALI in his prime... I glad you chimed in here because I was foing to put you on the back of a milk carton... compared to you tracking down Bin Laden was like finding a bleeding elephant in the snow

        Comment


        • #34
          Time to show who the rooster in this hen house is.... COCKA DOODLE DO MOTHER FROCKERS

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
            Do yourself a favor try to match up with some of these other guys that play closer to your speed... I have hustled players WAY smarter than you... In other words the guys you go chasing for autographs..
            Oh Rob... That wasn't very nice. And just to think , i wasn't going to cut my hair so you would have had a nice pelt to harvest.

            Comment


            • #36
              Let the three months of woofing and lying begin...

              Originally posted by poolisboring View Post
              where at? fiddlestix? i didnt know anything about that! tell me when and where, and ill meet you there......


              Kings of Billiards has tourneys on Sundays but thats my family day so haven't gone yet.

              Comment


              • #37
                Let the three months of woofing and lying begin...

                I might be able to bring a non-member friend as well if that's ok. I think I heard someone else say they were driving up with a couple non-members...or are non members only allowed in if we fall under 32?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                  I might be able to bring a non-member friend as well if that's ok. I think I heard someone else say they were driving up with a couple non-members...or are non members only allowed in if we fall under 32?
                  Yk,

                  This is not aimed at you, so please don't be offended. Since you brought this up, I think it should be discussed. A few others have already broached this subject, and while inclusivity is a good thing, if your gonna have a club or a organization, or a country you gotta have rules.

                  I didn't get to the first tournament last year, so I'm a little reluctant to express an opinion here, but that has never stopped me before, so here's mine.

                  Unless you are gonna have an "open to all" tournament which could include professionals and shortstop amateurs who have no affiliation to One Pocket.org, Your gonna have to draw a line somewhere. This is Steve's organization, but I think he pays attention to the members opinions. We should have some clear rules going forward as to who is "invited".

                  My opinion would be (for what it is worth) that we draw the line at qualified contributors. I think most if not all members, and certainly those planning to attend should express an opinion on this, so we get a consensus.

                  Nuff said
                  The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by darmoose View Post
                    Yk,

                    This is not aimed at you, so please don't be offended. Since you brought this up, I think it should be discussed. A few others have already broached this subject, and while inclusivity is a good thing, if your gonna have a club or a organization, or a country you gotta have rules.

                    I didn't get to the first tournament last year, so I'm a little reluctant to express an opinion here, but that has never stopped me before, so here's mine.

                    Unless you are gonna have an "open to all" tournament which could include professionals and shortstop amateurs who have no affiliation to One Pocket.org, Your gonna have to draw a line somewhere. This is Steve's organization, but I think he pays attention to the members opinions. We should have some clear rules going forward as to who is "invited".

                    My opinion would be (for what it is worth) that we draw the line at qualified contributors. I think most if not all members, and certainly those planning to attend should express an opinion on this, so we get a consensus.

                    Nuff said
                    I am pretty sure in one of these threads Steve put in the format. Correct me if I am wrong but just like last year we do "verified" members only. If we are doing the 32 player cap again this year and we get 32 verified members, we are good to go. If we are under 32 then we go to the non verified members.

                    I think last year we had all verified members except sniper and rizzo maybe? They are from Bogies/Houston area, real nice guys and friends with our other members here.

                    In any case, I agree 100% and I think most if not all members do too. This is for verified members of this organization and none of us want anyone to sneak in and grab the cheese.

                    However, if some of those pros and/or shortstops want to join, start contributing, posting, sharing ideas, etc., I for one would love it! It would hep our community grow and we could all learn from some of their ideas.

                    Also, I forget what the cutoff was, but I think we has a rule in place last year where they either had to be a member for so long or they had to have so many posts in before a certain cut off date. That prevents one of those shortstops from signing up right before the event to try to get in.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by darmoose View Post
                      Yk,

                      This is not aimed at you, so please don't be offended. Since you brought this up, I think it should be discussed. A few others have already broached this subject, and while inclusivity is a good thing, if your gonna have a club or a organization, or a country you gotta have rules.

                      I didn't get to the first tournament last year, so I'm a little reluctant to express an opinion here, but that has never stopped me before, so here's mine.

                      Unless you are gonna have an "open to all" tournament which could include professionals and shortstop amateurs who have no affiliation to One Pocket.org, Your gonna have to draw a line somewhere. This is Steve's organization, but I think he pays attention to the members opinions. We should have some clear rules going forward as to who is "invited".

                      My opinion would be (for what it is worth) that we draw the line at qualified contributors. I think most if not all members, and certainly those planning to attend should express an opinion on this, so we get a consensus.

                      Nuff said
                      I agree Darrell. However -- after admitting some bias -- I think we could (especially this year with lots of tables available at Chris' ) accept people who have made a special contribution to the game (final decision obviously Steve's.)

                      I'm thinking of:

                      Greg Sullivan
                      Pat Fleming
                      Daniel Busch
                      David Richardson and John Rizzo
                      Tracy Whitney
                      Buffalo
                      Ray Hansen
                      Dan Tull (Shooters Olathe who hosts 3 $1000-added tournaments annually)
                      West Coast or other deserving room-owners I don't know (How about the guy who has the Beloit room where the $100,000 challenge was held?)
                      Other nominees welcome.

                      I'm pretty sure none of these guys are champions, but several are right in the mix of competition in our group.

                      I've never run a bracket with an odd number of players, but I think that if we have 42 entrants rather than 32 it won't add to completion time. It would just make 10 byes on each side of the bracket (I think round one on the winners' side and the second round on the one-loss side, which is actually the third round overall... Cory, and undoubtedly some of you others, would know for sure about this.)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                        I agree Darrell. However -- after admitting some bias -- I think we could (especially this year with lots of tables available at Chris' ) accept people who have made a special contribution to the game (final decision obviously Steve's.)

                        I'm thinking of:

                        Greg Sullivan
                        Pat Fleming
                        Daniel Busch
                        David Richardson and John Rizzo
                        Tracy Whitney
                        Buffalo
                        Ray Hansen
                        Dan Tull (Shooters Olathe who hosts 3 $1000-added tournaments annually)
                        West Coast or other deserving room-owners I don't know (How about the guy who has the Beloit room where the $100,000 challenge was held?)
                        Other nominees welcome.

                        I'm pretty sure none of these guys are champions, but several are right in the mix of competition in our group.

                        I've never run a bracket with an odd number of players, but I think that if we have 42 entrants rather than 32 it won't add to completion time. It would just make 10 byes on each side of the bracket (I think round one on the winners' side and the second round on the one-loss side, which is actually the third round overall... Cory, and undoubtedly some of you others, would know for sure about this.)

                        Last night after re-thinking my position of verified contributing members only i was going to post something this morning but John beat me to it.. I do agree with letting players in with a special contributor status like Rizzo who helped with the seniors. Steve being the final judge. I also think we should hold spots for every person on that list and also a spot for the room owner where we play. Then after the date and room has been decided, send these folks an invitation with say a two week expiration date. Open the spots up as they decline or if they decide to play that would be great! So our tournament would consist of verified contributing members only with a minimum of x number of posts per year, and special contributor status individuals. We could send a note saying our members have decided due to your special contribution to the game of one pocket we would like to invite you to play in our members only tournament... Let them know we care.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                          Kings of Billiards has tourneys on Sundays but thats my family day so haven't gone yet.
                          gotcha we used to play there when it was called something else, used to have a triple shimmed table we used to play banks on, i ran 4 on it, pretty tough......

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                            I might be able to bring a non-member friend as well if that's ok. I think I heard someone else say they were driving up with a couple non-members...or are non members only allowed in if we fall under 32?
                            Everyone has friend who would like to play. My impression was this was a members tournament and if we are going to let anyone play, don't call it a members tournament.
                            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by darmoose View Post
                              Yk,

                              This is not aimed at you, so please don't be offended. Since you brought this up, I think it should be discussed. A few others have already broached this subject, and while inclusivity is a good thing, if your gonna have a club or a organization, or a country you gotta have rules.

                              I didn't get to the first tournament last year, so I'm a little reluctant to express an opinion here, but that has never stopped me before, so here's mine.

                              Unless you are gonna have an "open to all" tournament which could include professionals and shortstop amateurs who have no affiliation to One Pocket.org, Your gonna have to draw a line somewhere. This is Steve's organization, but I think he pays attention to the members opinions. We should have some clear rules going forward as to who is "invited".
                              My opinion would be (for what it is worth) that we draw the line at qualified contributors. I think most if not all members, and certainly those planning to attend should express an opinion on this, so we get a consensus.

                              Nuff said
                              There are plenty of tournaments people can go to play. This is a members tournament. It is not only Steves organization but mine too because I am a verified member who post stupid stuff like everyone. MEMBERS ONLY TOURNAMENT I don't care how many tables are available. When and if there is ever a tournament in California, he has room for 64 players, who shall it be then? Stop this BULLSHIT NOW.
                              Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                                last night after re-thinking my position of verified contributing members only i was going to post something this morning but john beat me to it.. I do agree with letting players in with a special contributor status like rizzo who helped with the seniors. Steve being the final judge. I also think we should hold spots for every person on that list and also a spot for the room owner where we play. Then after the date and room has been decided, send these folks an invitation with say a two week expiration date. Open the spots up as they decline or if they decide to play that would be great! So our tournament would consist of verified contributing members only with a minimum of x number of posts per year, and special contributor status individuals. We could send a note saying our members have decided due to your special contribution to the game of one pocket we would like to invite you to play in our members only tournament... Let them know we care.
                                we dont care no invites
                                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X