Let the three months of woofing and lying begin...

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I agree Darrell. However -- after admitting some bias -- I think we could (especially this year with lots of tables available at Chris' ) accept people who have made a special contribution to the game (final decision obviously Steve's.)

I'm thinking of:

Greg Sullivan
Pat Fleming
Daniel Busch
David Richardson and John Rizzo
Tracy Whitney
Buffalo
Ray Hansen
Dan Tull (Shooters Olathe who hosts 3 $1000-added tournaments annually)
West Coast or other deserving room-owners I don't know (How about the guy who has the Beloit room where the $100,000 challenge was held?)
Other nominees welcome.

I'm pretty sure none of these guys are champions, but several are right in the mix of competition in our group.

I've never run a bracket with an odd number of players, but I think that if we have 42 entrants rather than 32 it won't add to completion time. It would just make 10 byes on each side of the bracket (I think round one on the winners' side and the second round on the one-loss side, which is actually the third round overall... Cory, and undoubtedly some of you others, would know for sure about this.)

Last night after re-thinking my position of verified contributing members only i was going to post something this morning but John beat me to it.. I do agree with letting players in with a special contributor status like Rizzo who helped with the seniors. Steve being the final judge. I also think we should hold spots for every person on that list and also a spot for the room owner where we play. Then after the date and room has been decided, send these folks an invitation with say a two week expiration date. Open the spots up as they decline or if they decide to play that would be great! So our tournament would consist of verified contributing members only with a minimum of x number of posts per year, and special contributor status individuals. We could send a note saying our members have decided due to your special contribution to the game of one pocket we would like to invite you to play in our members only tournament... Let them know we care.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I might be able to bring a non-member friend as well if that's ok. I think I heard someone else say they were driving up with a couple non-members...or are non members only allowed in if we fall under 32?

Everyone has friend who would like to play. My impression was this was a members tournament and if we are going to let anyone play, don't call it a members tournament.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Yk,

This is not aimed at you, so please don't be offended. Since you brought this up, I think it should be discussed. A few others have already broached this subject, and while inclusivity is a good thing, if your gonna have a club or a organization, or a country you gotta have rules.:sorry

I didn't get to the first tournament last year, so I'm a little reluctant to express an opinion here, but that has never stopped me before, so here's mine.:eek:

Unless you are gonna have an "open to all" tournament which could include professionals and shortstop amateurs who have no affiliation to One Pocket.org, Your gonna have to draw a line somewhere. This is Steve's organization, but I think he pays attention to the members opinions. We should have some clear rules going forward as to who is "invited".
My opinion would be (for what it is worth) that we draw the line at qualified contributors. I think most if not all members, and certainly those planning to attend should express an opinion on this, so we get a consensus.

Nuff said

There are plenty of tournaments people can go to play. This is a members tournament. It is not only Steves organization but mine too because I am a verified member who post stupid stuff like everyone. MEMBERS ONLY TOURNAMENT I don't care how many tables are available. When and if there is ever a tournament in California, he has room for 64 players, who shall it be then? Stop this BULLSHIT NOW.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
last night after re-thinking my position of verified contributing members only i was going to post something this morning but john beat me to it.. I do agree with letting players in with a special contributor status like rizzo who helped with the seniors. Steve being the final judge. I also think we should hold spots for every person on that list and also a spot for the room owner where we play. Then after the date and room has been decided, send these folks an invitation with say a two week expiration date. Open the spots up as they decline or if they decide to play that would be great! So our tournament would consist of verified contributing members only with a minimum of x number of posts per year, and special contributor status individuals. We could send a note saying our members have decided due to your special contribution to the game of one pocket we would like to invite you to play in our members only tournament... Let them know we care.

we dont care no invites

Jimmy B

Verified Member
There are plenty of tournaments people can go to play. This is a members tournament. It is not only Steves organization but mine too because I am a verified member who post stupid stuff like everyone. MEMBERS ONLY TOURNAMENT I don't care how many tables are available. When and if there is ever a tournament in California, he has room for 64 players, who shall it be then? Stop this BULLSHIT NOW.

You getting a little pushy there.. I like it...Members.... Verified... Period...bubbee

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Let the three months of woofing and lying begin...

Guess there's a first time for everything. I agree with scrzbill. 😊 I just think it's a slippery slope once we start making exceptions. Frankly this tournament is one of the benefits of membership and being a regularly contributor. A huge benefit.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I agree

I agree

Everyone has friend who would like to play. My impression was this was a members tournament and if we are going to let anyone play, don't call it a members tournament.

I sure want to pay, put me down for sure.

If it (tourney) was opened up to non-members, I would still pay. BUT, I do not think that the majority of the members here could not, and would not enter if we were to have to play all the young guns.

We might have to bar ROB(onepockethacker), since he is so good ! :):) Just kidding of course. Seriously, I do not know him, but I will take the same spot he said he beat wincardona at.

See all of you in Chicago, just need dates so I can reserve my room.
I will be bringing some action money !

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I sure want to pay, put me down for sure.

If it (tourney) was opened up to non-members, I would still pay. BUT, I do not think that the majority of the members here could not, and would not enter if we were to have to play all the young guns.

We might have to bar ROB(onepockethacker), since he is so good ! :):) Just kidding of course. Seriously, I do not know him, but I will take the same spot he said he beat wincardona at.

See all of you in Chicago, just need dates so I can reserve my room.
I will be bringing some action money !

We won't have to worry about Rob, he's just clucking. He won't show, we are not good enough for him to play with...lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
BUT, I do not think that the majority of the members here could not, and would not enter if we were to have to play all the young guns.

That's not even an issue, Bob. Nobody has suggested that and I doubt that anyone wants it.

If one of our objectives here is to grow the sport, I would think showing appreciation for people who are already doing that would be a good thing. Besides, wouldn't most of us like to meet the people on my list that they don't already know?

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

OK... so there is ONE vote out of how many hundreds? We're on our way to a decision...whoeee..:rolleyes::lol

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
hacker, yes I did duck and weave...too many other opportunities without playing a monster...albeit I will play against you in Chicago, but it might not be as easy to beat me as you think...

I may not have all the shots you do in your wheelhouse but the ones I do I will fire at...and yes sharking is allowed on my side...lol

B

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Yk,

This is not aimed at you, so please don't be offended. Since you brought this up, I think it should be discussed. A few others have already broached this subject, and while inclusivity is a good thing, if your gonna have a club or a organization, or a country you gotta have rules.:sorry

I didn't get to the first tournament last year, so I'm a little reluctant to express an opinion here, but that has never stopped me before, so here's mine.:eek:

Unless you are gonna have an "open to all" tournament which could include professionals and shortstop amateurs who have no affiliation to One Pocket.org, Your gonna have to draw a line somewhere. This is Steve's organization, but I think he pays attention to the members opinions. We should have some clear rules going forward as to who is "invited".

My opinion would be (for what it is worth) that we draw the line at qualified contributors. I think most if not all members, and certainly those planning to attend should express an opinion on this, so we get a consensus.

Nuff said

Why stop there? Who sets the qualifications? Its not a members tournament.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
OK... so there is ONE vote out of how many hundreds? We're on our way to a decision...whoeee..:rolleyes::lol

Mock me if you want. How about we put $5000 up each and play seven ahead during what was formally known as the members tournament.

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Is there some kind of connection between "irascible" and "deplorable"? :D

I would not know, you would have to look in the mirror for that answer. Since you and Darmoose feel I should be the object of your derision because I expressed my opinion, I will offer you the same game as him: Race to seven ahead one pocket, $5000 dollars each.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
because I expressed my opinion

"Stop this BULLSHIT Now!" is an opinion?

"We don't" is an opinion?

I wasn't deriding you for opinion. How could I know that's what it was supposed to be?

There are several modifiers you might take for a test run to see if that avoids people inferring that you think you're revealing universal truth and reading other people's minds.