You are down 2 to -3 and bear trapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
    Certainly a good option but not as strong as it normally would be if the score were closer.
    Dr Bill
    Just gonna have to put on your boots and go to work! Lol

Comment

Seeing how this spot is horrible and will only get worse playing safe, I'm going for a home run since the score is -2 to 3. I'm shooting the 4 off the right side of the trying to have the 8 combo the 7 ball in.. the 4 ball will hit the 6 ball after contacting the 8 and if the 4 ball hits the 6 ball on the top half the 6 ball could take out the 11 ball and I'm stunning the cue ball forward toward just right of his pocket.... I figure I could make the 7 ball, I could miss the 7 ball but clear his pocket or I could flat out get lucky and get a roll freezing him up to a ball.....alot of kiss possibilities and if the 7 don't go probably lose but because of the score and since I really don't like any of the other suggestions I'm going to roll the dice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
        Coming under the 12 is clever. But the pocket for that 6 ball is sort of huge even from up table on the long rail.
        Ok...then just pocket the 6 with a touch of high left and plant your opponent behind the 11...simple move, but big trouble for him.
        Live long and play strong,
        -Chicagomike

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
          Seeing how this spot is horrible and will only get worse playing safe, I'm going for a home run since the score is -2 to 3. I'm shooting the 4 off the right side of the trying to have the 8 combo the 7 ball in.. the 4 ball will hit the 6 ball after contacting the 8 and if the 4 ball hits the 6 ball on the top half the 6 ball could take out the 11 ball and I'm stunning the cue ball forward toward just right of his pocket.... I figure I could make the 7 ball, I could miss the 7 ball but clear his pocket or I could flat out get lucky and get a roll freezing him up to a ball.....alot of kiss possibilities and if the 7 don't go probably lose but because of the score and since I really don't like any of the other suggestions I'm going to roll the dice.
          We'll have to give you an "A" for shot imagination here. And being down by 5, it might be the time to take a chance. But to my eye the 8 cannot billiard off the 3 to pocket the 7. It might not even hit the 7. Even if the billiard lined up exactly, the 8 having to travel a foot to get to the 7 would make the shot even more difficult. Plus the shot would have to be hit with a hard stroke, making it unlikely that the shooter could put the CB into a safe position. Probably 8-10 balls would be put in motion on that shot. A real RA special!

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
            Very creative I might say, but I don't see you shooting this shot because it's suicidal. Most all balls are in play and you have several shots that can benefit you from this position, why try and catch lightning in a jug?

Ask Vic if he wants to play some pool, i'll play the partner game for cheap for something to do i'm planning a trip to fl.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
              We'll have to give you an "A" for shot imagination here. And being down by 5, it might be the time to take a chance. But to my eye the 8 cannot billiard off the 3 to pocket the 7. It might not even hit the 7. Even if the billiard lined up exactly, the 8 having to travel a foot to get to the 7 would make the shot even more difficult. Plus the shot would have to be hit with a hard stroke, making it unlikely that the shooter could put the CB into a safe position. Probably 8-10 balls would be put in motion on that shot. A real RA special!

~Doc
              Finally we agree on something. Are you going to Chicago? Dinners on me if you do, i'll brush you up on some of your suggested options and then you can leave a better player.

Dr. Bill

Comment

I would have to look at 1 railing the 2. Whitey goes 3/4 rails. Path looks open.

Coming off the 7 looks safest.

Comment

HERE'S THE sHOT

Shoot as hard as you can, with stun, the 6 into the edge of the 14. They both double kiss out, should send 14 towards your hole. If no double kiss on cue ball, you just may turn game around. I play the count

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                    Finally we agree on something. Are you going to Chicago? Dinners on me if you do, i'll brush you up on some of your suggested options and then you can leave a better player.
                    Dr. Bill
                    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up to Chicago. I'd enjoy playing and visiting with the guys. And I'd LOVE to see Chris's Billiards. Perhaps another day. I will, however send my protege, Col. Bille.

Heh, heh. I hate to pass up a dinner on Cardone! And it's exceedingly nice of you to offer to brush up my game. Because, as you know, I'm already a near expert in selecting the proper shot on the WWYDs. And if I were to ever get my stroke back, I'd be a real force...

Y'all are going to have a memorable time!

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by rnewkirk View Post
                      Shoot as hard as you can, with stun, the 6 into the edge of the 14. They both double kiss out, should send 14 towards your hole. If no double kiss on cue ball, you just may turn game around. I play the count
                      I like the way you think (if you think what I think you think). Here's a slight variation on that theme (I think).

pj <- go-off
                      chgo

[ATTACH]65655[/ATTACH]
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm 3-4 railing off the fifteen and hooking the cue ball behind the 11

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
                          I like the way you think (if you think what I think you think). Here's a slight variation on that theme (I think).

pj <- go-off
                          chgo

[ATTACH]65655[/ATTACH]
                          I like this gotta make sure if it lays right to not to hang the 6. if nothing else make the 6 off the 11 and freeze him to the 9
                          "I'm gettin worse everyday and right now
                          I'm playing like it's next year"

Comment

Working...
                          X