Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Arturo 9 wwyd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I saw the same shot that Billy saw and figured I'd shoot that if I was in dire need to change everything up and give myself a chance. At this point in the match I would thinly cut the 14 over to my hole (not making it) and bring whitey back up table, ideally in a difficult place for my opponent to reply with anything strong.

    Comment


    • #32
      Well, I agree with Jerry, as far as him saying that no shot looks very good here - I'm glad it wasn't my shot...needless to say, I was very interested to see what Arturo was going to do...the only thing helping him right now is that none of all those balls by my pocket are makeable right now - but it would be tough for him to exploit that.

      As for the double bank of the 8ball...very good shot - if it had been available - probably would have been my choice here also..but he really couldn't see enough of the 8 to shoot it/hit it fully enough to draw back and not run firmly into the 15ball, which would hit the 12-2 and sell out the game.

      - Ghost
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by wincardona View Post
        I'm gambling in this spot, it looks to me if you shoot the 15ball into the left side of the 10ball with speed using a draw stroke drawing the cue ball off the 8ball back toward the 5ball you can move all balls fairly safely. The 8ball goes to your side the 10ball banks off the side rail and may kiss the 2ball but from the angle i'm looking at it looks to be a good kiss. The speed which you hit the shot with will aid in both the 10ball and 2ball leaving that area even if there is a kiss.This option if struck well will turn this position in the shooters favor and might just win the game for the shooter.

        Dr. Bill
        I too liked this, but the combo if froze being hit from that angle could easily push the second ball to the jaws of the pocket and hang up.
        Bill Meacham
        WBT
        www.worldbilliardtour.com
        no link....

        Comment


        • #34
          I like banking the 15 on an angle towards the spot, welding my opponent to the back of the 12-2 duo. Jay

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by lll View Post
            i guess you could also just come off the 15 to freeze on the 2/12
            assuming the 15 is high enough above the 2/12 so you can get to the rail without bumping them
            Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
            No shot is good here from my perspective. I really don't want to open up any balls by his pocket without having cover and having at least one ball on my side. So, I might just try to get in behind the ten ( i hope you mean the 12 )and two balls off the striped ball and if I have to take a scratch then so be it.
            at least there was one person who liked my shot......
            thanks jerry great minds think alike.....

            Comment


            • #36
              I'm curious to know what John H., pilot Jim, da barber, Mitch, etc. would do here?
              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                I'm curious to know what John H., pilot Jim, da barber, Mitch, etc. would do here?
                lets add you to that list too...
                just askin to learn ,,,

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                  Well, I agree with Jerry, as far as him saying that no shot looks very good here - I'm glad it wasn't my shot...needless to say, I was very interested to see what Arturo was going to do...the only thing helping him right now is that none of all those balls by my pocket are makeable right now - but it would be tough for him to exploit that.

                  As for the double bank of the 8ball...very good shot - if it had been available - probably would have been my choice here also..but he really couldn't see enough of the 8 to shoot it/hit it fully enough to draw back and not run firmly into the 15ball, which would hit the 12-2 and sell out the game.

                  - Ghost
                  Ok, the dbl bank on the 8 ball isn't available... Then I might cut the 15 into the 13 with medium speed using low RHE and go behind the 12/2 to the long rail and come off the long rail into the 2 ball and pop it in the direction of my pocket... Get some balls on my side, and might make one in the process.. CB should stick right there...

                  Or chicken out and just cut the 14 over making sure to hit it thin...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                    I'm curious to know what John H., pilot Jim, da barber, Mitch, etc. would do here?
                    While there may be no "good" shot here, the safest shot is to come off the fifteen or even off the five and cozy up to the back side of that 2/12 combination, seems to me.
                    The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by lll View Post
                      lets add you to that list too...
                      just askin to learn ,,,
                      I'm shooting the 1ball off of the side pocket point - two rails into my pocket ....
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                        I'm shooting the 1ball off of the side pocket point - two rails into my pocket ....
                        That a bad man






                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                          I'm shooting the 1ball off of the side pocket point - two rails into my pocket ....
                          i need to practice that shot....

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Ghost vs. Arturo 9 wwyd

                            Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                            I'm curious to know what John H., pilot Jim, da barber, Mitch, etc. would do here?


                            My first thought was to just softly come off the 15 and go behind those two balls on your side. But then he can break them up and put me back uptable or by my hole if he kicks and I still have no threats. I think I may cut the 14 softly towards my hole. Being sure to if anything over cut it to miss that stripe in the bottom rail. Cue comes back close to where it is now and he has no shot at his hole while I have a threat (unless I make it). Pretty easy and should start getting me out of this mess.
                            Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by lll View Post
                              i hope one day to be able to see the ball interactions like you do Dr. Bill
                              You can Larry.. Buy a crack pipe them go to realtor.com and look up homes for sale in Fantasy Land.. Then you and Bill could be neighbors

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
                                You can Larry.. Buy a crack pipe them go to realtor.com and look up homes for sale in Fantasy Land.. Then you and Bill could be neighbors
                                i just spit out my coffee... good one rob

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X