Official Entry Thread for 2017 onepocket.org Tourney

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Wanted to bump up this thread to the top of the page and also find out if this event is or isn't going to be streamed... Does anyone know?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I believe these posts by John and I also belong in this thread >>>

Since you are looking for feedback these are my thoughts Matt. If you are going to pay down 8 in the tournament entries, you should also pay 5-6 in the auction. It will drive more funds for the auction. Paying only the top 4 heavily favors the best players getting all the cash and will weaken the auction. For instance. Since we are starting at 40.00 If we pay 5-6th i would most likely buy myself but paying only 1-4th probably not.
As for rounds I have said this before, but the tournament will only go as fast as the loser bracket rounds. There are 3 more of them than on the winners. It will do absolutely do no good to run the extra winners side match only on Friday night except to burn folks out and jam up the tables for the late night locals. If we play one round early Friday as planned we won't be taking up two whole weekend nights worth of tables so its also better for the locals. As it seems the stance has softened on the possibility of going to 2 on the losers ONLY IF we are running long, i feel 1- 1st round match on Friday night will probably get us there. We also have more tables than NOLA so that will also help expedite things. Unless you run 2 on both sides it will not help. The other problem i see is lots of older players are going to be in for a long day driving/flying in Friday then playing late Friday night with no breaks, no time to socialize etc.
We still need to know about when the draw happens and what happens if all players aren't there to sign in. Hope this helps. John

I agree with paying down to 8th for the tournament payout.

I agree 100% with John that the Calcutta $$$ should go down to 5th/6th place - for all of the reasons that John posted.

And I think maybe we should wait to see how fast the 1st round finishes Friday night, to determine whether we have time to run a second round that night.

- Ghost

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I believe these posts by John and I also belong in this thread >>>

I agree with paying down to 8th for the tournament payout.

I agree 100% with John that the Calcutta $$$ should go down to 5th/6th place - for all of the reasons that John posted.

And I think maybe we should wait to see how fast the 1st round finishes Friday night, to determine whether we have time to run a second round that night.

- Ghost
Yep, i agree. But if we do a second round it needs to be losers. I haven't seen a single one of our weaker players complain about maybe going 2 and out the first night and we can do a second chance for the Sat if there is interest. .

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Yep, i agree. But if we do a second round it needs to be losers. I haven't seen a single one of our weaker players complain about maybe going 2 and out the first night and we can do a second chance for the Sat if there is interest. .

I also agree that it if we did a second round it should be the losers bracket - that's the logical thing to do time-wise.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I put this in the other thread so i put it here too.

I put this in the other thread so i put it here too.

Yes, we would have to have the draw regardless. Looking over the list i see everybody will be there Friday. Thats good. Now, as we didn't set a strict show up time its still in limbo so to speak. So we need to start a check in thread right away to make sure what time everybody's actually going to be there. Just saying friday doesn't work. That way we aren't dealing with unknowns not showing up at check in time etc.... Call it a pre check in... That thread will also tell us who's for sure coming. We should all know that by now but we need to make sure. If you won't be there at Matts check in time we need to know that ASAP so we can deal with it. If you are going to be late you need to tell us if you want to buy yourself etc. We need all this completed by Thursday night . Hopefully everyone will make a point to be there on time, but we didn't require that so we need to make sure. I know Matts got a lot on his plate so i would be happy to start a thread and keep it updated or better yet someone else could volunteer to do that...lol.