Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SVB vs BT WWYD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by unoperro View Post
    It appears to me that 11 can be extracted.
    You must have been quite the gamesmith when it came to the game of operation....takes a very steady hand!!!
    Live long and play strong,
    -Chicagomike

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
      Do you mean it isn't possible from there? On the Brunswick I normally use that lays perfect for the 5-rail kick (with running side spin) - hitting it hard enough to make it is the challenge for me.

      But as you say, what then? I suppose, with the return bank eliminated, Shane intended to scratch after the 11 then...?

      pj
      chgo
      No, no. Of course the 10 COULD be made. On most Diamonds from that CB position you'd aim at approximately 2-1/2. But the likelihood of making the shot is extremely slim, and a lot worse odds than taking the traditional scratch, and allowing the opponent to try the cross-corner on the 10.

      ~Doc

      Comment


      • #18
        SVB vs BT WWYD

        Originally posted by unoperro View Post
        It appears to me that 11 can be extracted.


        Originally posted by chicagomike View Post
        You must have been quite the gamesmith when it came to the game of operation....takes a very steady hand!!!


        He needs to perform a Ballectomy 😉
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
          No, no. Of course the 10 COULD be made. On most Diamonds from that CB position you'd aim at approximately 2-1/2. But the likelihood of making the shot is extremely slim, and a lot worse odds than taking the traditional scratch, and allowing the opponent to try the cross-corner on the 10.

          ~Doc
          The masse actually looks more makeable to me, if you're determined to go for the 10 ball. You at least have two ways, with and without the long rail, to make it. Heck, there doesn't look to be a full ball in the way. Shane could have probably jumped it with a full cue.
          "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

          Comment


          • #20
            Just roll in behind the nine ball and cover him up. At least you extend the game for one more inning and maybe just maybe you'll get a chance to shoot a better shot at your hole and run some balls.

            Comment


            • #21
              i would make it and scratch. those pockets are small and he could easily miss. you guys give too much credit some times i think.

              if i was to shoot for the ten which i wouldnt i would do the masse for sure.

              rolling up behind the 5 has lots of merit. but you have to look out 5 shots ahead to guess.

              at some point you have to do the scratch. and no matter where, he is going to get an offensive shot.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
                Just roll in behind the nine ball and cover him up. At least you extend the game for one more inning and maybe just maybe you'll get a chance to shoot a better shot at your hole and run some balls.
                That was my first thought. However, all Billy needs to do to further ice the game is bump either the 5 or 9 a bit more out into the open, while still controlling the cue ball behind the other ball to keep the 10 out of play for SVB. Eventually, SVB has no choice but to deal with the 11. I think I would right now -- either going for the take out or following it in and crossing my fingers.

                The game was basically lost earlier, I think we all would agree.
                "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                -- Strawberry Brooks

                Comment


                • #23
                  If SVB could take a foul under the 5/9, it would increase his options. Once there was a ball on the spot there would almost always be something better than this.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Besides following the 11 ball in the only shot I would even consider is making the 8 with right english in the corner pocket so it spots and have the cue ball go down the side rail under the 5 and 9.. looks like you can triple him up.. even if he just hooks you, you can take an intentional putting a second ball on the spot which would give you a better chance to prevent him from seeing the 11 ball. The benefit of this is you get all the balls in play.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      P.S. Just noticed what Shane shot... the 5 railer LMFAO... unbelievable talent and dumber than a box of rocks

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        as you well know it doesn't take brains to become a good pool player.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X