New Logo

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
After a month or so of trying different ideas and styles, we have finalized our new logo for onepocket.org ~

Using a combination of designer(s) + a couple of Steve's concepts, we hope you like it as much as we do!

chicagomike

Verified Member
Looks cool. Took me a second to realize the "O" is the corner pocket with the rail extending out of the top of it.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Good, good! Very professional looking, and an image to which pool players may aspire. Slick, artistic, aggressive and proud. Catch us if you can! Bravo! I want a tee shirt, yellow and white on black - XXL.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks all!

I must say it was much harder than we first anticipated. You see, if we were designing a logo for let’s say 8 ball or 9 ball, it would be much easier because you could use that ball in the logo itself. But what do you for one pocket? We play with all the balls. There is no rotation or solids and stripes so it makes it kind of hard to relay to someone what the game is about.

We tried all kinds of ideas using sticks, different colored balls, pool tables and a lot of stuff in between. Some were too cartoonish, some too professional looking but bottom line we could not find one we really liked and none were really “classy” enough to fit the bill.

We finally found a designer who drew really neat signature style logos and went with one of his designs. Using what he gave us and a couple of neat sketches that Steve came up with, we put the final pieces together. Steve had a sketch where the O was a 1 ball and another sketch where he had the corner pocket under the logo to help tie in the game. So we ended up just coloring the O the 1 ball color and also make it the corner pocket itself with the line extending below it and above just a little bit to help outline the long and short rails of the table (good eye Mike!)

I think it turned out cool and glad you guys are liking it as well. I already have a start on the new website design and cant wait until its to a point whee I can show Steve and eventually all of you.

Stay tuned!

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Thanks all!

I must say it was much harder than we first anticipated. You see, if we were designing a logo for let’s say 8 ball or 9 ball, it would be much easier because you could use that ball in the logo itself. But what do you for one pocket? We play with all the balls. There is no rotation or solids and stripes so it makes it kind of hard to relay to someone what the game is about.

We tried all kinds of ideas using sticks, different colored balls, pool tables and a lot of stuff in between. Some were too cartoonish, some too professional looking but bottom line we could not find one we really liked and none were really “classy” enough to fit the bill.

We finally found a designer who drew really neat signature style logos and went with one of his designs. Using what he gave us and a couple of neat sketches that Steve came up with, we put the final pieces together. Steve had a sketch where the O was a 1 ball and another sketch where he had the corner pocket under the logo to help tie in the game. So we ended up just coloring the O the 1 ball color and also make it the corner pocket itself with the line extending below it and above just a little bit to help outline the long and short rails of the table (good eye Mike!)

I think it turned out cool and glad you guys are liking it as well. I already have a start on the new website design and cant wait until its to a point whee I can show Steve and eventually all of you.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for your quality work. OnePocket.org is a specialty site...it's people like you keep it upscale and fun to log onto.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Both the ball and the pocket are suggested, and that's enough. Joe Blow does not need to know who we are and what we do - just that we are a serious group with a cool identification. (We are a serious group, ain't we?)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
After a month or so of trying different ideas and styles, we have finalized our new logo for onepocket.org ~

Using a combination of designer(s) + a couple of Steve's concepts, we hope you like it as much as we do!

Looks GREAT
Very professional and classy
Whenever shirts are available I would like a medium polo style shirt
In black