FBI reopens Mike Surber murder case!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI reopens Mike Surber murder case!

Two agents from the FBI contacted me today, and came over for a one hour interview. They've been brought in to re-investigate the murder. This is great news, because they have the kind of resources necessary to make a full investigation of this old case from November, 2009.

They seemed to have some fresh info and/or angles, which of course they can't share. But hopefully this will bring some action!

~Doc

FBI reopens Mike Surber murder case!

That is fantastic news Doc!
    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
      Two agents from the FBI contacted me today, and came over for a one hour interview. They've been brought in to re-investigate the murder. This is great news, because they have the kind of resources necessary to make a full investigation of this old case from November, 2009.

They seemed to have some fresh info and/or angles, which of course they can't share. But hopefully this will bring some action!

~Doc
      Good news Doc. I met Mike at Skeeter's in Gulfport when I came to play in your tournament several years back. Great guy and deserves some justice for this terrible crime.
      JOHN HENDERSON
      Al Romero Cue
      Magic Chalk

Comment

Great news! I was just thinking last week about him and that awful murder-- hope they can solve it

Comment

art
          that is REALLY GREAT NEWS
          after all this time they wouldnt reopen the case unless they are close
          I HOPE

i also hope they get him
          he could never get what he deserves but i hope he suffers greatly

Comment

Thank you for sharing the good news Doc...I'm still saddened and angry regarding that sudden and tragic day. I truly hope that the authorities can solve this and serve up a heaping helping of justice.
            Live long and play strong,
            -Chicagomike

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
              That is fantastic news Doc!
              What he said ^^^^^^ (y)

Comment

~Doc
                Yes indeed, this is very good news

Mike is a personal friend of mine. We grew our respective games at Beenies place

Good Lord let them find this POS. Mike needs to rest peacefully

His time is coming Shorty ...

Comment

That's good to hear.

Keith
                  Last edited by Keith E.; 03-28-2017, 03:52 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Didn't know Mike but I read about what happened and its just horrible....

I hope they solve this and bring the family some justice!

Comment

It is amazing after all of these years that they still have not found the guy. It is essentially a cold case. Really disturbing considering they have video of the guy and whatnot.
                      www.ontherailtv.com

Comment

They certainly had dna capability in 2009 - I wonder if they got a profile on this guy. Mike's house, Mike's car, etc. It seems likely that he has left the country. I wonder if Interpol has his picture.
                        If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Lenny View Post
                          It is amazing after all of these years that they still have not found the guy. It is essentially a cold case. Really disturbing considering they have video of the guy and whatnot.
                          no kidding. this asshole has had to have been in the system.....

Comment

One of the main problems all along has been that the pictures taken of the suspect from the pool room's surveillance video were grainy and of poor quality, even after enhancement.

But it's my understanding from early on that they had a DNA sample. I'm sure that the FBI will use their resources to try to track this guy. The agents I spoke with seemed optimistic, but after 7-1/2 years the task has become more difficult.

~Doc

Comment

What are the chances of you contacting the two FBI agents and asking about an update on this case.

Thanks,
                              joeyA

~Doc
                              Have words, will travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X