Varner vs. Pagulayan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
    It did occur to me, but I didn't think I'd shoot it - too risky at my skill level. On the other hand, looking at Nick's outcome it doesn't look like I would have left much offensively if I missed.

pj
    chgo
    Maybe not that far off of your skill level ----->

Do you happen to remember that about 2-3 months ago, before we started playing, I set up a somewhat similar kick...I had the object ball 2 diamonds up from the corner pocket and about 1-1/2" out from the long rail (making it harder to judge than with it just off the rail), with the cueball lined up at a straight in angle, and 3/4ths of a table length away...

The only way to get shape on the second ball, that I had set up on the foot rail was to shoot rail first...then I told you that it's a good shot to develop a feel for, so when it comes up in a game you'll feel comfortable shooting it...

So then I shot it once and made it on the first try..then I set it up again and told you to try it - and you made it on the first try......so we then decided that we didn't need to practice that shot anymore...

- Ghost
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 04-09-2017, 09:51 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
      Maybe not that far off of your skill level ----->

Do you happen to remember that about 2-3 months ago, before we started playing, I set up a somewhat similar kick...I had the object ball 2 diamonds up from the corner pocket and about 1-1/2" out from the long rail (making it harder to judge than with it just off the rail), with the cueball lined up at a straight in angle, and 3/4ths of a table length away...

The only way to get shape on the second ball, that I had set up on the foot rail was to shoot rail first...then I told you that it's a good shot to develop a feel for, so when it comes up in a game you'll feel comfortable shooting it...

So then I shot it once and made it on the first try..then I set it up again and told you to try it - and you made it on the first try......so we then decided that we didn't need to practice that shot anymore...

- Ghost
      EDIT
      SEE POST 35 FOR A BETTER DIAGRAM
      at ghosts request here is a diagram of the shot ghost is talking about
      although the aim point in this diagram is close to the point its the idea that counts
      I aim these with the "mirror system" which I tried to show in the diagram
      anyone with questions please pm me
      ghost I hope this is what you wanted
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ghost don wwyd 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	394346
      Last edited by lll; 04-10-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
        at ghosts request here is a diagram of the shot ghost is talking about
        although the aim point in this diagram is close to the point its the idea that counts
        anyone with questions please pm me
        ghost I hope this is what you wanted
        [ATTACH]16867[/ATTACH]
        Thanks Larry - it's a little off though = the cueball should be 1 diamond closer to the object ball - and you have portrayed the shot as having an angle from the cueball to the object ball, but it should be just about straight in instead.

- Ghost
        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

let me explin my diagram
          the red lines show
          if the cue ball replaces the stripe he can make the 13 and he can get to the 9
          if i hit the 14 and roll forward alittle i hide them ing they
          thats my shot and i think nick also
          EDIT
          I am shooting the 5 like pat
          [ATTACH]16858[/ATTACH]
          The beauty of the five I see is from two perspectives. 1st, If nicky misses and lays whitey on the long rail, then his cue ball position forces a trap for Alex, because he can only cue high. Now if Nick makes it, the cut on the 9 now allows the cue ball to come under the 7 naturally to continue his inning.
          Bill Meacham
          WBT
          www.worldbilliardtour.com
          no link....

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
            Thanks Larry - it's a little off though = the cueball should be 1 diamond closer to the object ball - and you have portrayed the shot as having an angle from the cueball to the object ball, but it should be just about straight in instead.

- Ghost
            this is closer

Click image for larger version

Name:	ghost shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	394349

Comment

Larry, here's my version of the mirror system for shallow kicks (set up opposite your shot for comparison).

The CB doesn't rebound at an equal angle for these shots (because of the follow on a rolling CB), so I measure from the ghost CB's center to the cushion nose (instead of to the "gutter" ) to compensate. Double that larger distance to get the aimpoint on the rail.

pj
              chgo

P.S. Not saying you showed it wrong, just showing the details.

[ATTACH]47925[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 04-10-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

pat
                i too do it like you posted taking the mirror from the ghost ball center
                i drew my diagram out fast and alittle sloppy.....
                thanks for clarifying that

Comment

Working...
                X