No announcement yet.

Dennis Orcollo vs Tony Chohan - "The Big One"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis made dumb mistakes that Tony took full advantage of.

Originally posted by Renegade_56 View Post
    I can't take away from Tony's play, but I do believe he played over his head, at least better than I've seen him play before. He also made a few dumb mistakes that Dennis did not take advantage of, that he usually does. And then Dennis' play was no where near the level he normally plays at. He made several simple mistakes rattling balls that turned the evening into 10-3, that could just as easily been 5-6 or 6-5. I honestly don't think either player will continue their performance for the next 3 days, and so I predict Dennis pulls it out.

Comment

• DAY 2!
      Day 2 of 'The BIG One" begins in 5 minutes (3pm/pst). Tony Chohan leads 10 games to 3 against Dennis Orcollo. The first player to reach 20 games today, will end play for the day. Don't miss the action! Live on POV POOL's YouTube channel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thebigonesquare.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	395625

Comment

• Does Tony wearing all red mean it's Christmas in July?

Comment

• I certainly don't agree with that combo That Tony sold out the game with. He had Dennis at -2. All he had to do is to move one of those balls on Dennis's side and stick him against the stack.

It was the Adrenalin shooting that shot.

Comment

• Another unforced error after coming back from 6 to -1. A thin cut on that 2 ball up and down the table to bank the ball by Dennis's side was all he needed to do. Instead, he scratched out of nowhere.

Comment

• Daniel, where again, can we donate to help support?
              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

• Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                Daniel, where again, can we donate to help support?
                http://www.povpool.com/donate/ should do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                  Another unforced error after coming back from 6 to -1. A thin cut on that 2 ball up and down the table to bank the ball by Dennis's side was all he needed to do. Instead, he scratched out of nowhere.
                  Looks like I'll need your paypal (but still hopeful for a few more games from Dennis)

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                    Looks like I'll need your paypal (but still hopeful for a few more games from Dennis)

Dave
                    Spoke too soon...I'm at least even for the day Now I can root on Tony full force!!!!!!!

GameTight my man.

Comment

• haha! Now I might need yours.

Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                      Spoke too soon...I'm at least even for the day Now I can root on Tony full force!!!!!!!

GameTight my man.

Comment

• Momentum shift. Tomorrow will be most interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                          haha! Now I might need yours.
                          Sorry, I really wanted a push to give Tony the largest lead. He's been giving away games. I might watch this in bed away from the computer so we'll settle up tomorrow if need be.

Whatever happens, thanks for the sweat, it was fun.

Comment

• Quite a few what makes you laugh will make you cry moments for chohan at the end there.

Comment

• Geez, I didn't catch it all but I think I watched from like 13-4 until it was 18-9 or around there. One of the first things I saw was Tony win a game by making a bad shot but got lucky and not only made a ball in his hole but also had shape for his put ball, LOL...I know we all get lucky, but to watch the best players in the world have it happen for the cheese for $100k takes it to a new level!

I am pretty sure it was game 26 (score was 18-7) and Tony was the first to get to the shot (which seems like a pattern in this match) and he ran 6 balls, almost got out but elected to play safe instead of going for an off angle combo.

I think they had a couple of safes back and forth and then Dennis made a 2 rail cross corner shot to start a run and ended up running 7 balls, and it was a nice pattern too, very smoothe...He didn't get out there and it went back and forth a bit where Dennis needed 1 and Tony needed them both and Dennis ended up winning the game...not only did he REALLY need that win, but that's pretty darn impressive to me. Being down 18-7 in the match, down 6-0 and run 7 balls and eventually win the game...I love watching these top players play and I can't wait to see day 3!

At this point I think I am probably losing my bet giving up 6.5 games with DO, but I think he is still going to win the set (just not sure by how many games)
                              Last edited by cincy_kid; 07-13-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• So how did the score end up for day 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X