Dennis Orcollo vs Tony Chohan - "The Big One"

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Dennis made dumb mistakes that Tony took full advantage of.

I can't take away from Tony's play, but I do believe he played over his head, at least better than I've seen him play before. He also made a few dumb mistakes that Dennis did not take advantage of, that he usually does. And then Dennis' play was no where near the level he normally plays at. He made several simple mistakes rattling balls that turned the evening into 10-3, that could just as easily been 5-6 or 6-5. I honestly don't think either player will continue their performance for the next 3 days, and so I predict Dennis pulls it out.

gerri3404

Verified Member
DAY 2!
Day 2 of 'The BIG One" begins in 5 minutes (3pm/pst). Tony Chohan leads 10 games to 3 against Dennis Orcollo. The first player to reach 20 games today, will end play for the day. Don't miss the action! Live on POV POOL's YouTube channel.

thebigonesquare.jpg

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I certainly don't agree with that combo That Tony sold out the game with. He had Dennis at -2. All he had to do is to move one of those balls on Dennis's side and stick him against the stack.

It was the Adrenalin shooting that shot.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Another unforced error after coming back from 6 to -1. A thin cut on that 2 ball up and down the table to bank the ball by Dennis's side was all he needed to do. Instead, he scratched out of nowhere.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Another unforced error after coming back from 6 to -1. A thin cut on that 2 ball up and down the table to bank the ball by Dennis's side was all he needed to do. Instead, he scratched out of nowhere.

Looks like I'll need your paypal :) (but still hopeful for a few more games from Dennis)

Dave

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
haha! Now I might need yours.

Sorry, I really wanted a push to give Tony the largest lead. He's been giving away games. I might watch this in bed away from the computer so we'll settle up tomorrow if need be.

Whatever happens, thanks for the sweat, it was fun.

El Chapo

Verified Member
Quite a few what makes you laugh will make you cry moments for chohan at the end there.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Geez, I didn't catch it all but I think I watched from like 13-4 until it was 18-9 or around there. One of the first things I saw was Tony win a game by making a bad shot but got lucky and not only made a ball in his hole but also had shape for his put ball, LOL...I know we all get lucky, but to watch the best players in the world have it happen for the cheese for $100k takes it to a new level! :)

I am pretty sure it was game 26 (score was 18-7) and Tony was the first to get to the shot (which seems like a pattern in this match) and he ran 6 balls, almost got out but elected to play safe instead of going for an off angle combo.

I think they had a couple of safes back and forth and then Dennis made a 2 rail cross corner shot to start a run and ended up running 7 balls, and it was a nice pattern too, very smoothe...He didn't get out there and it went back and forth a bit where Dennis needed 1 and Tony needed them both and Dennis ended up winning the game...not only did he REALLY need that win, but that's pretty darn impressive to me. Being down 18-7 in the match, down 6-0 and run 7 balls and eventually win the game...I love watching these top players play and I can't wait to see day 3!

At this point I think I am probably losing my bet giving up 6.5 games with DO, but I think he is still going to win the set (just not sure by how many games)

Last edited:

JeaLouS44

Verified Member
From
FL
20-14. tony
Is it me or does it seem like people forgot Tony was in the top 5 (my ranking of him) 10 years ago?

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
I wonder if either player is using video replay to gain any insight on their respective games? In other sports it seems to help.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Just curious, lets say today Dennis is winning the games and the games are average length or longer. Dennis would have to win 16 games before they stop it right? So if he beats Tony 2-1 in games today, that makes it 16-8 or 24 games of one hole.

Do they have something in place that says if it goes past a certain time they break until the next day or is it marathon man mode where they go until someone gets there no matter what time it ends?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Just curious, lets say today Dennis is winning the games and the games are average length or longer. Dennis would have to win 16 games before they stop it right? So if he beats Tony 2-1 in games today, that makes it 16-8 or 24 games of one hole.

Do they have something in place that says if it goes past a certain time they break until the next day or is it marathon man mode where they go until someone gets there no matter what time it ends?

No, they have nothing in place, the match will be played like it's stipulated the first player to reach 30 in day three and 40 in day four.

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
No, they have nothing in place, the match will be played like it's stipulated the first player to reach 30 in day three and 40 in day four.

Dr. Bill

thanks for the reply ~

Wow! That makes Dennis even more of a favorite to come back since I would assume today and tomorrow will be longer days if Dennis is winning a majority of the games...and since most agree he may be more mentally prepared for longer sessions than Tony is.

looking forward to it!