Working on a photography project about pool

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
I am using up some vacation time in June and will be making a road trip through the South and Midwest. I am looking for anyone who would be interested in being photographed. My photography work usually revolves around my current paths in life and this past year I have gotten back into playing pool, mostly one pocket, and I want to make a body of photographs with pool as a theme. I plan for the images to be somewhat moody, low key, candid, and generally different from say JP Paramentier or any of the types of photographs you might usually see in billiard industry magazines and advertisements. No flash involved.

Basically, I would be happy to photograph anyone practicing and would cover your table time. I am also happy to play anyone for cheap (I’m an artist :D) or just to pass the time. I am planning on driving from where I live in Wilmington, DE to Huntsville, AL to watch the pro one pocket event and from there slowly making my way up to Madison, WI to visit a friend, then back to DE. Start date for my trip will be May 29 or so and end around June 23. I would be happy to meet up with anyone anywhere near that path, so VA, WV, TN, AL, KY, IN, IL, WI, OH, etc.

You can look at my website if you are interested to see work I have made in the past: http://www.erik-hagen.com/. And feel free to message me or reply in the thread with any questions. Many thanks, Erik.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I am using up some vacation time in June and will be making a road trip through the South and Midwest. I am looking for anyone who would be interested in being photographed. My photography work usually revolves around my current paths in life and this past year I have gotten back into playing pool, mostly one pocket, and I want to make a body of photographs with pool as a theme. I plan for the images to be somewhat moody, low key, candid, and generally different from say JP Paramentier or any of the types of photographs you might usually see in billiard industry magazines and advertisements. No flash involved.

Basically, I would be happy to photograph anyone practicing and would cover your table time. I am also happy to play anyone for cheap (I’m an artist :D) or just to pass the time. I am planning on driving from where I live in Wilmington, DE to Huntsville, AL to watch the pro one pocket event and from there slowly making my way up to Madison, WI to visit a friend, then back to DE. Start date for my trip will be May 29 or so and end around June 23. I would be happy to meet up with anyone anywhere near that path, so VA, WV, TN, AL, KY, IN, IL, WI, OH, etc.

You can look at my website if you are interested to see work I have made in the past: http://www.erik-hagen.com/. And feel free to message me or reply in the thread with any questions. Many thanks, Erik.

Try and contact Nick Varner, he lives in KY, and also a world champion one pocket player. A very knowledgeable guy on the subject, and an absolute gentleman.

chicagomike

Verified Member

I'm in...you can contact me at 630-333-7103. I also do lots of photography.

chicagomike

Verified Member

Also there is a big 1p.org member 1p tournament in Chicago June 16 through 18th that you might want to check out.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Sounds interesting! Pool is my favorite photography subject too. My pool photos are here (besides being sprinkled all over this website):
http://www.poolinaction.com/

Also, are you on Facebook? If so, there is a small pool photography group limited to pool photographers that you would be interested in. I just started it a few months ago...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/208491046298231/

Yeah, I don't think you and I will cross paths on your trip -- unless you get to Chicago the weekend of June 17-18 -- but I am definitely interested in your project!

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
Try and contact Nick Varner, he lives in KY, and also a world champion one pocket player. A very knowledgeable guy on the subject, and an absolute gentleman.

That's a good thought. I will look into contacting him. I am moving to NYC in a few months. I know he has been doing the commentary for Appleton's WPS 8-ball events at Steinway, maybe I will try to approach him at one of those events when I am there.

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
I'm in...you can contact me at 630-333-7103. I also do lots of photography.

Thanks I will. I will likely be up in that area around mid-June, so maybe I will sweat the members tournament a bit. I will contact you when I have a more exact time frame of when I will be around the Chicago area.

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
Yeah, I don't think you and I will cross paths on your trip -- unless you get to Chicago the weekend of June 17-18 -- but I am definitely interested in your project!

Steve, thanks for the links, those are great images! It is possible I will be in Chicago around those dates so maybe I'll see you then. If not would love to meet some other time, maybe closer to you. If I like where things get going I will likely be working on this project for the next couple years.