No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Pat 16 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, that 9-ball bank is too tricky to bet the game on. I doubt that even Brumback would shoot it here. Keep in mind, the shooter only needs 4, the opponent 8. The shooter is going to want to play a good safety here.

My first inclination was the shot Rod illustrated. I think you have to hit it softly, so as to take away the scratch, and to leave the 14 on the foot rail.

But the Pilot's shot is intriguing. I'd want to hit the 11 behind the 14 in order to gather them both out of there, then hope that the CB wouldn't kiss into the 14 as it rolls off the 9 ball. I think this shot would take a little luck..

~Doc

Comment

Banking the 9ball would be my choice really looks like it's a natural on both ends of the shot.

DR Bill

Comment

I honestly don't remember what I did here, but here in the safety of my keyboard I think I like this shot.

The CB seems to be right on line with the simple geometry for it - aiming from 3 1/2 diamonds on the far rail to 1 3/4 diamonds on the near rail (measured from cushion nose to rail diamond to account for rolling CB going wide). If I'm right about the geometry (and don't dog it), I should hit slightly on the pocket side of the 14 - if I didn't leave my cojones at home (but did leave my better judgment) I might even try to kick-bank it at my pocket.

pj
        chgo

P.S. I see the 9-ball bank, but think it looks too tight going by the 3 and too hard to hold the CB safe.

[ATTACH]01484[/ATTACH]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 05-27-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
          No brainer. Bank the 9 to my hole and use the 3/7 as blockers if I miss. If I make it I'm out.
          The way you bank, you're out. Don't expect to see something this easy from me.
          Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Imo the safety is tougher than the bank.

Comment

What's a guy supposed to think about before shooting playing one pocket? How about how the balls are laying (In favor of the shooter) How about scoring a ball while the balls favor your side. (Reasonable thinking) How about shooting a shot that carries at least a 40% pocketing rate for a C player with a good chance if missed that you safe up your opponent? (Sounds good) is it possible that that's what we have here in banking the 9ball? Could be...

DR. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                What's a guy supposed to think about before shooting playing one pocket? How about how the balls are laying (In favor of the shooter) How about scoring a ball while the balls favor your side. (Reasonable thinking) How about shooting a shot that carries at least a 40% pocketing rate for a C player with a good chance if missed that you safe up your opponent? (Sounds good) is it possible that that's what we have here in banking the 9ball? Could be...

DR. Bill
                Exactly, and a good chance to win if made.

Comment

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                  Exactly, and a good chance to win if made.
                  Odds on favorite to win making the 9

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                    Odds on favorite to win making the 9
                    Without a doubt.

It's what happens if you miss that gives me pause. I don't see the easy, high percentage safety - looks to me like a shooting gallery for either player.

pj
                    chgo

Comment

DR. Bill
                      I also believe that banking the 9 is the best shot to shoot here...but, ho hum, as is so often the case, I'll need to correct a part of your post =

but no way is a C player pocketing that bank at a 40% rate.....he is pocketing that bank at precisely a 21.3% rate......

- The Corrector
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                        I also believe that banking the 9 is the best shot to shoot here...but, ho hum, as is so often the case, I'll need to correct a part of your post =

but no way is a C player pocketing that bank at a 40% rate.....he is pocketing that bank at precisely a 21.3% rate......

- The Corrector
                        21.3% really that's one out of five. you're wrong again. Did I say Again? I thought so.

DR. Bill

Comment

I don't know what the make percentages are and it doesn't matter as long as I shoot what I believe to be the correct shot 100% of the time.

Comment

21.3% really that's one out of five.

DR. Bill
                            Don't you get embarrassed by being wrong so much? - you're wrong again - this is like shooting fish in a barrel ROFLMAO...nice math skills - no, 21.3% is not "one out of five." it's 213 times out of 1000

Hey Rob where are you? - you'd be loving this

- The Corrector

PS, You better find yourself a C level verbal sparrer to spar with - you're waaay out of your league messing with - The Corrector
                            Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 05-29-2017, 01:35 PM.
                            jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
                              P.S. I see the 9-ball bank, but think it looks too tight going by the 3 and too hard to hold the CB safe.
                              Set this back up if you get a chance Patrick and use top inside english and over cut the bank by about a ball. It should easily go below the 3 and then straighten out and, best of all, whitey will nicely float over to your rail behind all those balls (around 2nd diamond).

Comment

Like I said, I don't remember what I did, and the kick safety is fun to think about, but I think Rod's choice (off the 9 behind the 14) is really the one best suited for my skills. Wonder if I chose it...

pj
                                chgo

Comment

Working...
                                X