Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of da onepocket.org bros - past or present pics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
    Don’t recognize the cue.. but that looks an awful lot like a solid gold Patek Philippe wrist watch... mmmmm nice watch.... And being a pretty good judge of facial expressions, I’d bet you made the ball...
    Yes I did. LOL If I remember it was a Richard Black.
    Rod.

    Rodney Stephens.
    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

    Comment


    • Originally posted by androd View Post
      The guys at g-cues in San Antonio got a lot of pics from Bananas when they closed. They gave me one they found of me during my suspenders, gold jewelry, expensive cue, long stroke phase. cicra late 70's or early 80's.

      [ATTACH]phase[/ATTACH]
      Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
      Don’t recognize the cue.. but that looks an awful lot like a solid gold Patek Philippe wrist watch... mmmmm nice watch.... And being a pretty good judge of facial expressions, I’d bet you made the ball...
      funny what people key in on
      rods knuckles slanted upwards is what all the fancy instructors are looking for
      nice stroke rod,,,
      guys looking to gamble notice the fancy watch and assume they have money to lose
      they would be wrong against rod...not likely to lose...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by androd View Post
        The guys at g-cues in San Antonio got a lot of pics from Bananas when they closed. They gave me one they found of me during my suspenders, gold jewelry, expensive cue, long stroke phase. cicra late 70's or early 80's.

        [ATTACH]phase[/ATTACH]
        Duffy brought all those photos to g-cues when Babana’s closed. Are you moving back to Houston? I noticed you posted your 713 number is now back in service.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BrookelandBilly View Post
          Duffy brought all those photos to g-cues when Babana’s closed. Are you moving back to Houston? I noticed you posted your 713 number is now back in service.
          Not moving back, have sold our home there. It's an VOIP phone, costs $8.00 a month. (Screw you AT&T)
          Last edited by androd; 01-19-2018, 11:51 AM.
          Rod.

          Rodney Stephens.
          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bernie p View Post
            Two pics… Two tournaments… Two cities. Within 24 hours of each other. 😳 Last week.

            Alas, no Derby for me this year. The Three Cushion tourney was on the bucket list…😎

            Bernie.
            I am jealous Bernie, I want to do one of those 3c tourneys some day too, glad you could do it!

            See you in Cali or next derby!

            Comment


            • This is me, on the right, with our local short-stop and pretty strong one pocket player, Tim Orange. Tim had just beaten me in the final of our weekly one pocket tournament at Mr. Cues 2 in Atlanta. I won't share the spot he has to give me, for fear of embarrassing myself, although I will mention that I bounced Hardmix out of the tournament swiftly that night

              Comment


              • Pictures of da onepocket.org bros - past or present pics

                Originally posted by brexit View Post
                This is me, on the right, with our local short-stop and pretty strong one pocket player, Tim Orange. Tim had just beaten me in the final of our weekly one pocket tournament at Mr. Cues 2 in Atlanta. I won't share the spot he has to give me, for fear of embarrassing myself, although I will mention that I bounced Hardmix out of the tournament swiftly that night



                I know Tim from the Derby. He’s a grinder who is always in action or betting the rail when I see him. Beating Hardmix is impressive. Ben shoots really straight.
                Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                  I know Tim from the Derby. He’s a grinder who is always in action or betting the rail when I see him. Beating Hardmix is impressive. Ben shoots really straight.
                  Tim is a natural. Straight shooter who knows the game.

                  To be clear, Ben and I duke it out all the time, but since this is a handicapped tournament, I get a little weight against him and we play on Gold Crowns with big pockets which helps a 9-baller like me catch up

                  Comment


                  • From 1985, at the, "Chicago Billiard Cafe."

                    Someone mentioned watches before, the watch I'm wearing here is a, 'Concord Delirium' 18 karat, thinnest watch & band in the world at the time. 2 mm thick!

                    Last edited by mr3cushion; 02-05-2019, 01:14 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
                      From 1985, at the, "Chicago Billiard Cafe."

                      Someone mentioned watches before, the watch I'm wearing here is a, 'Concord Delirium' 18 karat, thinnest watch & band in the world at the time. 2 mm thick!

                      [ATTACH]21465[/ATTACH]
                      There’s no side pocket on that table!!! I’ve hear of tables with only two corner pockets... it would be a hoot to play on one...

                      Nice watch...

                      Comment


                      • Hey Jeff, eight & out would really be tough on that table, but, I ran 16 & out, (3C)! LOL!

                        I had some sweet watches back in the day when the cheese was rolling in fast!

                        A very nice, octagonal face 18 karat 'Patek Phillipe,' a very nice, 'Cartier' 18 karat tank face. I have small wrists, so the thinner the better look for me.

                        Never liked, 'Rolex's', like a clock on the my wrist!

                        Comment


                        • Not very good pic but eating supper with the usual suspects
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Click image for larger version

Name:	Me and Carla 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	398512

                            Ms Carla Johnson. One of the few woman posters on our forum. Been playing the game for years since her days at The Rack in Detroit. Well known among those in the know.
                            A tough appeals lawyer. If you're ever on Death Row you want her in your corner.
                            A great lady and friend for years.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by brexit View Post
                              This is me, on the right, with our local short-stop and pretty strong one pocket player, Tim Orange. Tim had just beaten me in the final of our weekly one pocket tournament at Mr. Cues 2 in Atlanta. I won't share the spot he has to give me, for fear of embarrassing myself, although I will mention that I bounced Hardmix out of the tournament swiftly that night

                              Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                              I know Tim from the Derby. He’s a grinder who is always in action or betting the rail when I see him. Beating Hardmix is impressive. Ben shoots really straight.
                              ha! ha.....!

                              straightback knows tim orange. lol......

                              (that dude and his crew can take sharking to an art form....lol.....)

                              Comment


                              • Pictures of da onepocket.org bros - past or present pics

                                My roomie snapped this of my best side at Derby in 2016, and I think that’s JJ in the background.



                                This was last year at the Expo. Prob the first time I ever wore a hat while playing but the lights were bothering me, so I gave it a shot. I’m sure I drove my opponents nuts adjusting it several times before each shot, lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X