Pictures of da onepocket.org bros - past or present pics

bernie p

Verified Member
Two pics… Two tournaments… Two cities. Within 24 hours of each other. 😳 Last week.

Alas, no Derby for me this year. The Three Cushion tourney was on the bucket list…😎

Bernie.

Attachments

• 2F4C711B-A579-4EE6-97E4-8AB6E37B43D5.jpg
    2F4C711B-A579-4EE6-97E4-8AB6E37B43D5.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 94F134F4-2669-4C06-BD79-5B4AAF60E7D9.jpg
    94F134F4-2669-4C06-BD79-5B4AAF60E7D9.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1

Deeman

Verified Member
Two pics… Two tournaments… Two cities. Within 24 hours of each other. 😳 Last week.

Alas, no Derby for me this year. The Three Cushion tourney was on the bucket list…😎

Bernie.

We will miss you, my friend. Best of shooting in the drei bande.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
The guys at g-cues in San Antonio got a lot of pics from Bananas when they closed. They gave me one they found of me during my suspenders, gold jewelry, expensive cue, long stroke phase. cicra late 70's or early 80's.

What a sweet looking cue.

What is it? Palmer?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
The guys at g-cues in San Antonio got a lot of pics from Bananas when they closed. They gave me one they found of me during my suspenders, gold jewelry, expensive cue, long stroke phase. cicra late 70's or early 80's.

Don’t recognize the cue.. but that looks an awful lot like a solid gold Patek Philippe wrist watch... mmmmm nice watch...:). And being a pretty good judge of facial expressions, I’d bet you made the ball...:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Don’t recognize the cue.. but that looks an awful lot like a solid gold Patek Philippe wrist watch... mmmmm nice watch...:). And being a pretty good judge of facial expressions, I’d bet you made the ball...:D

Yes I did. LOL If I remember it was a Richard Black.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

funny what people key in on
rods knuckles slanted upwards is what all the fancy instructors are looking for
nice stroke rod,,,:)
guys looking to gamble notice the fancy watch and assume they have money to lose
they would be wrong against rod...not likely to lose...:)

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas

Duffy brought all those photos to g-cues when Babana’s closed. Are you moving back to Houston? I noticed you posted your 713 number is now back in service.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Duffy brought all those photos to g-cues when Babana’s closed. Are you moving back to Houston? I noticed you posted your 713 number is now back in service.

Not moving back, have sold our home there. It's an VOIP phone, costs $8.00 a month. :) (Screw you AT&T)

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Bernie.

I am jealous Bernie, I want to do one of those 3c tourneys some day too, glad you could do it! :)

See you in Cali or next derby!

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
This is me, on the right, with our local short-stop and pretty strong one pocket player, Tim Orange. Tim had just beaten me in the final of our weekly one pocket tournament at Mr. Cues 2 in Atlanta. I won't share the spot he has to give me, for fear of embarrassing myself, although I will mention that I bounced Hardmix out of the tournament swiftly that night :)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

This is me, on the right, with our local short-stop and pretty strong one pocket player, Tim Orange. Tim had just beaten me in the final of our weekly one pocket tournament at Mr. Cues 2 in Atlanta. I won't share the spot he has to give me, for fear of embarrassing myself, although I will mention that I bounced Hardmix out of the tournament swiftly that night :)

I know Tim from the Derby. He’s a grinder who is always in action or betting the rail when I see him. Beating Hardmix is impressive. Ben shoots really straight.

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
I know Tim from the Derby. He’s a grinder who is always in action or betting the rail when I see him. Beating Hardmix is impressive. Ben shoots really straight.

Tim is a natural. Straight shooter who knows the game.

To be clear, Ben and I duke it out all the time, but since this is a handicapped tournament, I get a little weight against him :) and we play on Gold Crowns with big pockets which helps a 9-baller like me catch up :)

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
From 1985, at the, "Chicago Billiard Cafe."

Someone mentioned watches before, the watch I'm wearing here is a, 'Concord Delirium' 18 karat, thinnest watch & band in the world at the time. 2 mm thick!

View attachment 21465

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
From 1985, at the, "Chicago Billiard Cafe."

Someone mentioned watches before, the watch I'm wearing here is a, 'Concord Delirium' 18 karat, thinnest watch & band in the world at the time. 2 mm thick!

View attachment 21465

There’s no side pocket on that table!!! :) I’ve hear of tables with only two corner pockets... it would be a hoot to play on one...

Nice watch...:)

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hey Jeff, eight & out would really be tough on that table, but, I ran 16 & out, (3C)! LOL!

I had some sweet watches back in the day when the cheese was rolling in fast!

A very nice, octagonal face 18 karat 'Patek Phillipe,' a very nice, 'Cartier' 18 karat tank face. I have small wrists, so the thinner the better look for me.

Never liked, 'Rolex's', like a clock on the my wrist!

keoneyo

Verified Member
Me and Carla 2.jpg

Ms Carla Johnson. One of the few woman posters on our forum. Been playing the game for years since her days at The Rack in Detroit. Well known among those in the know.
A tough appeals lawyer. If you're ever on Death Row you want her in your corner.
A great lady and friend for years.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

ha! ha.....!

straightback knows tim orange. lol......

(that dude and his crew can take sharking to an art form....lol.....)

:D

youngstown

Verified Member

My roomie snapped this of my best side at Derby in 2016, and I think that’s JJ in the background.

This was last year at the Expo. Prob the first time I ever wore a hat while playing but the lights were bothering me, so I gave it a shot. I’m sure I drove my opponents nuts adjusting it several times before each shot, lol.