Calcutta for 2017 members tourney

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Ok, I'm now hitting balls in 1P for the first time since hardmix came in town about 2 months ago, and it was about 6 weeks before that when I last shot. Not pretty. Stupid job.

Accordingly, I would like to request that I buy myself for $10, and that I get three coaches per game from Ghost the Host.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
The spreadsheet has been updated with those expressing what they wanted for the calcutta. I did make the columns for calcutta editable if any of you folks want to add on to this list.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
HEY HEY HEY, wait just a cockamaimy minute there, Robert.:eek::eek:

I resemble any such insinuation of the sort. Ain't NO F***kking way I can get past you, young Mitch, and Super Senior John in a row.:frus:frus If I draw that kinda playing schedule, I'll prolly just check outta da hotel and head for home.:sorry

To use my name (moniker) and a reference to $1500 in the same sentence oughtta be grounds for getting committed, or something. You take it back right now. Are you cccrrraaaazzzzzyyyyy??:help

I may never recover from this, OMG.:help

You can never check out:heh
At least not till you play me:D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I just looked at the list, JR is still listed on the sign up sheet. If he is playing, don't ask if I want to play in the next tournament, cancel my order for t-shirts and remove me as a member for one pocket.org. Forget the fking Calcutta.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I just looked at the list, JR is still listed on the sign up sheet. If he is playing, don't ask if I want to play in the next tournament, cancel my order for t-shirts and remove me as a member for one pocket.org. Forget the fking Calcutta.

J.R. is off the list and I just issued a refund.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I'm confused about the Calcutta. Since the tourney is starting at 4PM and a short players meeting at 3:30 - when is the Calcutta going to happen at Chris'? Will there be a live Calcutta or anyone who wants to participate bid $40 before hand and that's it?

Thanks,
Dave

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I'm confused about the Calcutta. Since the tourney is starting at 4PM and a short players meeting at 3:30 - when is the Calcutta going to happen at Chris'? Will there be a live Calcutta or anyone who wants to participate bid $40 before hand and that's it?

Thanks,
Dave

The online calcutta is for anyone that wants to pre-bid on players. We will use that as a starting point for the live calcutta. The players meeting should only take a few minutes to discuss a few rules and then we will get the tourney started.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
The online calcutta is for anyone that wants to pre-bid on players. We will use that as a starting point for the live calcutta. The players meeting should only take a few minutes to discuss a few rules and then we will get the tourney started.

Sorry to bother again Matt, but two questions. You said you were going to do the draw before the auction and a few of us were still a little unclear about that. I'm assuming we won't know who we draw before the auction?
And how many places and what percentages are the auction payouts going to be. These questions will most certainly affect my bidding on players.. Thanks!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

Still doesn't answer the question of when the calcutta will begin - after the players meeting and before play begins? Not sure it will be completed before play starts if that's the schedule.

Or are you saying the that the tournament begins with the calcutta, then play?

Looking forward to seeing everyone...SOON!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Still doesn't answer the question of when the calcutta will begin - after the players meeting and before play begins? Not sure it will be completed before play starts if that's the schedule.

Or are you saying the that the tournament begins with the calcutta, then play?

Looking forward to seeing everyone...SOON!

Just make sure your glasses are on right side up. :lol

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I'll not be playing in the tournament, sorry guys, but i'll be there a couple days. another contender out. you lucky guys.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
To answer several questions at once, this is what my thoughts are and I will update the main post in this thread later tonight after receiving some feedback.

2 rounds will happen on Friday night and the 2nd round that evening will consist of WINNERS side only.

Calcutta will be paid to 4 spots and percentages will be 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%.

The top 8 players will be paid for tournament placement.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
To answer several questions at once, this is what my thoughts are and I will update the main post in this thread later tonight after receiving some feedback.

2 rounds will happen on Friday night and the 2nd round that evening will consist of WINNERS side only.

Calcutta will be paid to 4 spots and percentages will be 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%.

The top 8 players will be paid for tournament placement.

Since you are looking for feedback these are my thoughts Matt. If you are going to pay down 8 in the tournament entries, you should also pay 5-6 in the auction. It will drive more funds for the auction. Paying only the top 4 heavily favors the best players getting all the cash and will weaken the auction. For instance. Since we are starting at 40.00 If we pay 5-6th i would most likely buy myself but paying only 1-4th probably not.
As for rounds I have said this before, but the tournament will only go as fast as the loser bracket rounds. There are 3 more of them than on the winners. It will do absolutely do no good to run the extra winners side match only on Friday night except to burn folks out and jam up the tables for the late night locals. If we play one round early Friday as planned we won't be taking up two whole weekend nights worth of tables so its also better for the locals. As it seems the stance has softened on the possibility of going to 2 on the losers ONLY IF we are running long, i feel 1- 1st round match on Friday night will probably get us there. We also have more tables than NOLA so that will also help expedite things. Unless you run 2 on both sides it will not help. The other problem i see is lots of older players are going to be in for a long day driving/flying in Friday then playing late Friday night with no breaks, no time to socialize etc.
We still need to know about when the draw happens and what happens if all players aren't there to sign in. Hope this helps. John

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Since you are looking for feedback these are my thoughts Matt. If you are going to pay down 8 in the tournament entries, you should also pay 5-6 in the auction. It will drive more funds for the auction. Paying only the top 4 heavily favors the best players getting all the cash and will weaken the auction. For instance. Since we are starting at 40.00 If we pay 5-6th i would most likely buy myself but paying only 1-4th probably not.
As for rounds I have said this before, but the tournament will only go as fast as the loser bracket rounds. There are 3 more of them than on the winners. It will do absolutely do no good to run the extra winners side match only on Friday night except to burn folks out and jam up the tables for the late night locals. If we play one round early Friday as planned we won't be taking up two whole weekend nights worth of tables so its also better for the locals. As it seems the stance has softened on the possibility of going to 2 on the losers ONLY IF we are running long, i feel 1- 1st round match on Friday night will probably get us there. We also have more tables than NOLA so that will also help expedite things. Unless you run 2 on both sides it will not help. The other problem i see is lots of older players are going to be in for a long day driving/flying in Friday then playing late Friday night with no breaks, no time to socialize etc.
We still need to know about when the draw happens and what happens if all players aren't there to sign in. Hope this helps. John

I agree with paying down to 8th for the tournament payout.

I agree 100% with John that the Calcutta $$$ should go down to 5th/6th place - for all of the reasons that John posted.

And I think maybe we should wait to see how fast the 1st round finishes Friday night, to determine whether we have time to run a second round that night.

- Ghost

Last edited: