The Greatest Trickshot Ever !

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
I just seen the greatest trick shot ever created 40 balls in one shot ! its absolutely amazing how this man named JEFF GATES has created this shot it looks totally impossible to make all 40 balls go into 6 pockets ! it has to be seen to believed . this shot should be on ESPN or some pool tournament for trickshots so the world could enjoy . Its actually a thing of art that is truly unbelieveable ! JEFF has put countless hours perfecting this shot , but he's looking for more balls that can go . Alls I can say is AMAZING AMAZING ! By the way JEFF is at chris's billiards in chicago if anyone is interested in seeing the GREATEST TRICKSHOT EVER .

PHIL GUAGLIARDO

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I have also seen it.

I have also seen it.

philip guagliardo said:
I just seen the greatest trick shot ever created 40 balls in one shot ! its absolutely amazing how this man named JEFF GATES has created this shot it looks totally impossible to make all 40 balls go into 6 pockets ! it has to be seen to believed . this shot should be on ESPN or some pool tournament for trickshots so the world could enjoy . Its actually a thing of art that is truly unbelieveable ! JEFF has put countless hours perfecting this shot , but he's looking for more balls that can go . Alls I can say is AMAZING AMAZING ! By the way JEFF is at chris's billiards in chicago if anyone is interested in seeing the GREATEST TRICKSHOT EVER .

PHIL GUAGLIARDO

I have also seen Jeff make the 40 balls at one time shot. He has it on video. He has only been working on the shot for the past 12 years at least. He has a table in Chris's that he rents by the year! He kept increasing the amount of balls, 15 then 20 then 25 then 30 etc. If you dont believe it then show up at Chris's, he practices it almost every night.

the Beard
Bank on, brother!

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Isn't that a beautiful shot? I have a tape of me making it when it was only 22 balls some 12 years ago. Jeff has just built it up to the point that I'm sure it has to be a world record. It definately should be publicized. Phil

Mike

Verified Member
That would be something to see!! What does the pre-shot layout look like?

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Mike said:

Mike, it looks pretty darned crowded that's what it looks like. Imagine 40 balls on one table, a bazooka stroke, then balls falling like bullets being shot out of a machinegun and seeming like it will never end. It's nothing short of awesome
and Jeff Gates deserves his props for coming up with it and dedicating 12 years of his life to it. Espn would be a great home for it.
Phil Welch

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Mike said:

Mike, it looks pretty darned crowded that's what it looks like. Imagine 40 balls on one table, a bazooka stroke, then balls falling like bullets being shot out of a machinegun and seeming like it will never end. It's nothing short of awesome
and Jeff Gates deserves his props for coming up with it and dedicating 12 years of his life to it. Espn would be a great home for it.
Phil Welch

ChicagoPlayer1

Well-Known-Member
Just heard-

Just heard-

I have also seen Jeff make the 40 balls at one time shot. He has it on video. He has only been working on the shot for the past 12 years at least. He has a table in Chris's that he rents by the year! He kept increasing the amount of balls, 15 then 20 then 25 then 30 etc. If you dont believe it then show up at Chris's, he practices it almost every night.

the Beard
Bank on, brother!

Jeff also showed me this shot on film and I was there at Chris's when he was setting it up.
but I just received word that Jeff passed away in a car accident
on August 30th in Florida.
:(
Great man,
-CK

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Around 92,93 Jeff Gates moved into the High Rise condominium I was living in for a few years. I had known him from Chris's, He was a REAL character! He had a Giant White cockatoo, that traveled with him every where, even to Chris's billiards.

I lived in the Penthouse on the 55th floor, Jeff lived on the 22nd, When He would come to visit me, He would NEVER take the elevator, He always walked up and back down. He said, " I'm not going to get stuck in one of those things!"

Sorry to hear about his passing, a VERY unique and clever fella!

R.I.P. Jeff;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
There are videos of it somewhere because Jeff used to rent the table by the year and had a video camera set up permanently for constant filming.

Plus, he got past the 40 ball mark also. I forgot exactly how far over 40 he got, it has been so long seen I have seen him.

Sorry to hear about his demise.

Beard

Jeff was very eccentric and refused to try and release the video to the public. He wasnt worried about money because his father left him big money in his will.
I tried to talk him into selling it to someone for a commercial. Just imagine Michael Jordan shooting and making 40 plus balls in one shot. The shot didnt require much ability, setting it up was the key.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I never heard of Jeff or his eccentric endeavors but I saw Gene Catron, aka 'The Glove', make a whole bunch of balls on three tables with one shot. I have seen him do it in person and on video. He uses dominoes.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I never heard of Jeff or his eccentric endeavors but I saw Gene Catron, aka 'The Glove', make a whole bunch of balls on three tables with one shot. I have seen him do it in person and on video. He uses dominoes.

I have that video somewhere on my website.

BEard

Diane D.

Jeff Gates Greatest Trick Shot Ever

Jeff Gates Greatest Trick Shot Ever

I was Jeff's (really Robert was his first name) girlfriend since 2001. He did have the world records for shooting 22 up to 40 balls in one shot. I am the only one that has the DVD of these shots, and I will be posting them on U Tube in a short while.

Some of your comments about Jeff were inaccurate. He lived on the 51st floor of Park Tower Condos in Chicago. He also bought a place in Florida. He did pass away August 30, 2013, in Chicago from a tragic accident, but not from a car accident in Florida. It's been a year now since his death. I'm posting his shots because he wanted to entertain people with what he accomplished, even though he never got around to selling it or posting it. This will be in remembrance of Jeff and nothing has been changed from the way he filmed the shots as he made them.

Please let everyone know about Jeff and stay tuned for the posting on U Tube. By the way, I have Jeff's original template for these shots.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I was Jeff's (really Robert was his first name) girlfriend since 2001. He did have the world records for shooting 22 up to 40 balls in one shot. I am the only one that has the DVD of these shots, and I will be posting them on U Tube in a short while.

Some of your comments about Jeff were inaccurate. He lived on the 51st floor of Park Tower Condos in Chicago. He also bought a place in Florida. He did pass away August 30, 2013, in Chicago from a tragic accident, but not from a car accident in Florida. It's been a year now since his death. I'm posting his shots because he wanted to entertain people with what he accomplished, even though he never got around to selling it or posting it. This will be in remembrance of Jeff and nothing has been changed from the way he filmed the shots as he made them.

Please let everyone know about Jeff and stay tuned for the posting on U Tube.

Diane; I knew Jeff very well! I remember when he first came around with his Cockatoo at the "Chicago Billiard Café" and "Chris's Billiards". Very interesting guy, and always looking as you said to entertain people.

My wife and I lived at "Park Tower" condominiums in unit 5502 from, 1990 - 1996 till our daughter was born. I loved that building, the top floor was an unbelievable view of, Lake Michigan and the City!

Jeff indeed created some "unbelievable" shots in pool! He was always trying to push the envelope of his "signature" shot. How many balls to pocket in one stroke.

I'm delighted to see you've decided to post his videos on You tube for all the world to see his vision and mastery of this shot.

Thank you.

P.S. Diane, If Lester, the door man still works and lives there, PLEASE tell hello from, Bill & Luci Smith, (Smitty). We used to play Golf to gether!

Last edited:

Diane D.

Jeff Gates

Jeff Gates

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the kind reply. Jeff sold his condo before he passed away, so I cannot give your message to the door man. I live in Florida where Jeff also lived part of the time. You are right--he was eccentric and unique. That's what made him who he was. He always wanted to push the limit on all ventures. And, he loved to entertain, even though he was humble.

Hope you enjoy the videos when they're posted. My son and I are new to You Tube so we're learning first, then posting.

Diane

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hello Bill,

Thanks for the kind reply. Jeff sold his condo before he passed away, so I cannot give your message to the door man. I live in Florida where Jeff also lived part of the time. You are right--he was eccentric and unique. That's what made him who he was. He always wanted to push the limit on all ventures. And, he loved to entertain, even though he was humble.

Hope you enjoy the videos when they're posted. My son and I are new to You Tube so we're learning first, then posting.

Diane

Hi Diane; I also live in Florida, in Cocoa Beach. I've been here for 10 years, it's OK, but once in a while I go back to Chicago for a day of snow! :lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The Greatest Trickshot Ever !

Great to hear from you Diane and I look forward to seeing the video!! One of the little things about onepocket.org that turns out to be a big thing sometime is when people get a chance to reconnect after years of having lost contact.

Diane D.

Jeff Gates pool shots

Jeff Gates pool shots

Thanks Steve for your comment. I hope to post the first of several shots within the next few weeks. It's great that at least people will see what Jeff did. And good that I can bring back part of him.

Is there other forums that I should contact about his shots? Thanks

Diane