Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Gates

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the kind reply. Jeff sold his condo before he passed away, so I cannot give your message to the door man. I live in Florida where Jeff also lived part of the time. You are right--he was eccentric and unique. That's what made him who he was. He always wanted to push the limit on all ventures. And, he loved to entertain, even though he was humble.

Hope you enjoy the videos when they're posted. My son and I are new to You Tube so we're learning first, then posting.

Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Diane D. View Post
      Hello Bill,

Thanks for the kind reply. Jeff sold his condo before he passed away, so I cannot give your message to the door man. I live in Florida where Jeff also lived part of the time. You are right--he was eccentric and unique. That's what made him who he was. He always wanted to push the limit on all ventures. And, he loved to entertain, even though he was humble.

Hope you enjoy the videos when they're posted. My son and I are new to You Tube so we're learning first, then posting.

Diane
      Hi Diane; I also live in Florida, in Cocoa Beach. I've been here for 10 years, it's OK, but once in a while I go back to Chicago for a day of snow!

Comment

Thanks, Diane.

Comment

The Greatest Trickshot Ever !

Great to hear from you Diane and I look forward to seeing the video!! One of the little things about onepocket.org that turns out to be a big thing sometime is when people get a chance to reconnect after years of having lost contact.
          "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
          -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Jeff Gates pool shots

Thanks Steve for your comment. I hope to post the first of several shots within the next few weeks. It's great that at least people will see what Jeff did. And good that I can bring back part of him.

Is there other forums that I should contact about his shots? Thanks

Diane

Comment

The Greatest Trickshot Ever !

Originally posted by Diane D. View Post
              Thanks Steve for your comment. I hope to post the first of several shots within the next few weeks. It's great that at least people will see what Jeff did. And good that I can bring back part of him.

Is there other forums that I should contact about his shots? Thanks

Diane

Nope.

Just kidding Diane. You should look at AZ Billiards as well. Let me add my thanks to you. I would hate to see such talent and artistry go unseen by as many of us pool nuts as will undoubtedly love it. Thank you!
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Trick Shot

Thanks Steve. I feel the same, and will look into AZ Billiards.
                Last edited by Diane D.; 09-04-2014, 01:01 PM. Reason: Misspelled name

Comment

Diane,

Jeff was also a good friend of mine as we were both piano players as well as pool enthusiasts. Jeff let me shoot this shot when it was in it's infancy (around 22 balls) and I have that tape. Jeff wasn't happy with 22 balls or 32 for that matter. Like you said, he was always trying to improve it. I was devastated by the news of his passing. What happened?

Phil

Comment

Jeff Gates Greatest Trick Shot Ever

Phil,

Did you get my reply about what happened to Jeff? I can't seem to find it, but I sent you a long reply (I thought).

Diane D.

Comment

Diane, I have checked my private messages and see no response. Please try sending it to me again. I don't have many friends but always considered Jeff one of them.

Comment

Jeff Gates Greatest Trick Shot Ever

Phil,

I thought I'd let you know that we are starting with Jeff's 22 ball shot on You Tube. Then, I'm going to continue posting the trick shots 24-40 weekly or something like that. I am narrating a bit of these shots, and my son is helping me with You Tube. I sure hope this entertains many people as Jeff would have liked. Thanks for caring!

Diane

Comment

Working...
                        X