Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Trickshot Ever !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Greatest Trickshot Ever !

    I just seen the greatest trick shot ever created 40 balls in one shot ! its absolutely amazing how this man named JEFF GATES has created this shot it looks totally impossible to make all 40 balls go into 6 pockets ! it has to be seen to believed . this shot should be on ESPN or some pool tournament for trickshots so the world could enjoy . Its actually a thing of art that is truly unbelieveable ! JEFF has put countless hours perfecting this shot , but he's looking for more balls that can go . Alls I can say is AMAZING AMAZING ! By the way JEFF is at chris's billiards in chicago if anyone is interested in seeing the GREATEST TRICKSHOT EVER .

    PHIL GUAGLIARDO

  • #2
    I have also seen it.

    Originally posted by philip guagliardo
    I just seen the greatest trick shot ever created 40 balls in one shot ! its absolutely amazing how this man named JEFF GATES has created this shot it looks totally impossible to make all 40 balls go into 6 pockets ! it has to be seen to believed . this shot should be on ESPN or some pool tournament for trickshots so the world could enjoy . Its actually a thing of art that is truly unbelieveable ! JEFF has put countless hours perfecting this shot , but he's looking for more balls that can go . Alls I can say is AMAZING AMAZING ! By the way JEFF is at chris's billiards in chicago if anyone is interested in seeing the GREATEST TRICKSHOT EVER .

    PHIL GUAGLIARDO
    I have also seen Jeff make the 40 balls at one time shot. He has it on video. He has only been working on the shot for the past 12 years at least. He has a table in Chris's that he rents by the year! He kept increasing the amount of balls, 15 then 20 then 25 then 30 etc. If you dont believe it then show up at Chris's, he practices it almost every night.

    the Beard
    Bank on, brother!
    New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
    www.bankingwiththebeard.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Isn't that a beautiful shot? I have a tape of me making it when it was only 22 balls some 12 years ago. Jeff has just built it up to the point that I'm sure it has to be a world record. It definately should be publicized. Phil

      Comment


      • #4
        That would be something to see!! What does the pre-shot layout look like?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mike
          That would be something to see!! What does the pre-shot layout look like?
          Mike, it looks pretty darned crowded that's what it looks like. Imagine 40 balls on one table, a bazooka stroke, then balls falling like bullets being shot out of a machinegun and seeming like it will never end. It's nothing short of awesome
          and Jeff Gates deserves his props for coming up with it and dedicating 12 years of his life to it. Espn would be a great home for it.
          Phil Welch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mike
            That would be something to see!! What does the pre-shot layout look like?
            Mike, it looks pretty darned crowded that's what it looks like. Imagine 40 balls on one table, a bazooka stroke, then balls falling like bullets being shot out of a machinegun and seeming like it will never end. It's nothing short of awesome
            and Jeff Gates deserves his props for coming up with it and dedicating 12 years of his life to it. Espn would be a great home for it.
            Phil Welch

            Comment


            • #7
              Just heard-

              Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
              I have also seen Jeff make the 40 balls at one time shot. He has it on video. He has only been working on the shot for the past 12 years at least. He has a table in Chris's that he rents by the year! He kept increasing the amount of balls, 15 then 20 then 25 then 30 etc. If you dont believe it then show up at Chris's, he practices it almost every night.

              the Beard
              Bank on, brother!
              _____________________________________________________________

              Jeff also showed me this shot on film and I was there at Chris's when he was setting it up.
              but I just received word that Jeff passed away in a car accident
              on August 30th in Florida.

              Great man,
              -CK

              Comment


              • #8
                Around 92,93 Jeff Gates moved into the High Rise condominium I was living in for a few years. I had known him from Chris's, He was a REAL character! He had a Giant White cockatoo, that traveled with him every where, even to Chris's billiards.

                I lived in the Penthouse on the 55th floor, Jeff lived on the 22nd, When He would come to visit me, He would NEVER take the elevator, He always walked up and back down. He said, " I'm not going to get stuck in one of those things!"

                Sorry to hear about his passing, a VERY unique and clever fella!

                R.I.P. Jeff;
                Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

                Comment


                • #9
                  There is no video of this shot floating around?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There are videos of it somewhere because Jeff used to rent the table by the year and had a video camera set up permanently for constant filming.

                    Plus, he got past the 40 ball mark also. I forgot exactly how far over 40 he got, it has been so long seen I have seen him.

                    Sorry to hear about his demise.

                    Beard

                    Jeff was very eccentric and refused to try and release the video to the public. He wasnt worried about money because his father left him big money in his will.
                    I tried to talk him into selling it to someone for a commercial. Just imagine Michael Jordan shooting and making 40 plus balls in one shot. The shot didnt require much ability, setting it up was the key.
                    New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                    www.bankingwiththebeard.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I never heard of Jeff or his eccentric endeavors but I saw Gene Catron, aka 'The Glove', make a whole bunch of balls on three tables with one shot. I have seen him do it in person and on video. He uses dominoes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        These are pretty sporty.
                        [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scnCt6hQpcc[/ame]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by petie View Post
                          I never heard of Jeff or his eccentric endeavors but I saw Gene Catron, aka 'The Glove', make a whole bunch of balls on three tables with one shot. I have seen him do it in person and on video. He uses dominoes.
                          I have that video somewhere on my website.

                          BEard
                          New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                          www.bankingwiththebeard.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jeff Gates Greatest Trick Shot Ever

                            I was Jeff's (really Robert was his first name) girlfriend since 2001. He did have the world records for shooting 22 up to 40 balls in one shot. I am the only one that has the DVD of these shots, and I will be posting them on U Tube in a short while.

                            Some of your comments about Jeff were inaccurate. He lived on the 51st floor of Park Tower Condos in Chicago. He also bought a place in Florida. He did pass away August 30, 2013, in Chicago from a tragic accident, but not from a car accident in Florida. It's been a year now since his death. I'm posting his shots because he wanted to entertain people with what he accomplished, even though he never got around to selling it or posting it. This will be in remembrance of Jeff and nothing has been changed from the way he filmed the shots as he made them.

                            Please let everyone know about Jeff and stay tuned for the posting on U Tube. By the way, I have Jeff's original template for these shots.
                            Last edited by Diane D.; 09-01-2014, 02:20 PM. Reason: Add one more important detail

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Diane D. View Post
                              I was Jeff's (really Robert was his first name) girlfriend since 2001. He did have the world records for shooting 22 up to 40 balls in one shot. I am the only one that has the DVD of these shots, and I will be posting them on U Tube in a short while.

                              Some of your comments about Jeff were inaccurate. He lived on the 51st floor of Park Tower Condos in Chicago. He also bought a place in Florida. He did pass away August 30, 2013, in Chicago from a tragic accident, but not from a car accident in Florida. It's been a year now since his death. I'm posting his shots because he wanted to entertain people with what he accomplished, even though he never got around to selling it or posting it. This will be in remembrance of Jeff and nothing has been changed from the way he filmed the shots as he made them.

                              Please let everyone know about Jeff and stay tuned for the posting on U Tube.
                              Diane; I knew Jeff very well! I remember when he first came around with his Cockatoo at the "Chicago Billiard Café" and "Chris's Billiards". Very interesting guy, and always looking as you said to entertain people.

                              My wife and I lived at "Park Tower" condominiums in unit 5502 from, 1990 - 1996 till our daughter was born. I loved that building, the top floor was an unbelievable view of, Lake Michigan and the City!

                              Jeff indeed created some "unbelievable" shots in pool! He was always trying to push the envelope of his "signature" shot. How many balls to pocket in one stroke.

                              I'm delighted to see you've decided to post his videos on You tube for all the world to see his vision and mastery of this shot.

                              Thank you.

                              P.S. Diane, If Lester, the door man still works and lives there, PLEASE tell hello from, Bill & Luci Smith, (Smitty). We used to play Golf to gether!
                              Last edited by mr3cushion; 09-01-2014, 02:35 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X