Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Using the bridge. Is this legal or Not

We have to re shoot the photos. It will be awhile until a table opens

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
If this is your "usage issue" I posted on az and got a many diff replies. To the letter of the law , equipment is not being "used as intended". Players and trnmnt directors said "fine by me".

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0

youngstown

Verified Member
Legal or Not

Not legal. It's not what the bridge is intended for. You can only use the bridge for its intended use.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Not legal. It's not what the bridge is intended for. You can only use the bridge for its intended use.

The bridge is being used to assist the shooter in a hard to reach shot. The technique may be novel, but the bridge is being used for its intended purpose.

JeaLouS44

Verified Member
From
FL
it should be.
the game is changing, with cue extensions, and phenolic tips (illegal)
says in the rules tips must be leather.
I will just start making double ended bridges so you can use it like shown or like a normal bridge, it is being used for its intended purpose.
oh and I have seen people use cue chalk as powder, when there is no powder, by the book, that's illegal,

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The bridge is being used to assist the shooter in a hard to reach shot. The technique may be novel, but the bridge is being used for its intended purpose.

the bridge head is not being used at all
what he is doing is no different than if he put a house cue across the table and put 2 chalks on top of each other to rest one end of the cue
the bridge is NOT being used as intended
the bridge uses the bridge head to hold the cue stick since you cant reach it with your hand
jmho

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
the bridge head is not being used at all
what he is doing is no different than if he put a house cue across the table and put 2 chalks on top of each other to rest one end of the cue
the bridge is NOT being used as intended
the bridge uses the bridge head to hold the cue stick since you cant reach it with your hand
jmho

I'll let you guys argue over the bridge ("as intended" or "for the purpose intended"?) I'm staying on solid ground ruling the set-up and shot illegal as pictured because of the chalk. :)

youngstown

Verified Member
Legal or Not

I only know because I tried it once and my opponent stopped me right away to inform me.

El Chapo

Verified Member
Of course that can't be legal. If that was egal they could make bridges with like blocks on them that you could use to place your hand on to bridge when you're jacked up. That was a bad call imo, especially considering the fact that he has one end propped up on chalk! A little common sense will go a long way.

Last edited:

El Chapo

Verified Member
On another note, my read on Corey is he just likes to piss people off.

I wasn't watching pool much when he was winning everything, but his game now is so mind ****ed by all this crap he tries to pull. I think if he just showed up and concentrated his winning percentage would shoot through the roof. And, this is coming from amguy that actually admires the stuff he does with pattern racking, but again he just needs to focus more on the actual pool instead of always creating a controversy... that can't be easy to play well under that type of heat.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Somebody please explain to me how this use of a bridge is different than stacking two, or more bridges on top of each other to get to a difficult shot.:)

Last edited:

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
He's only using one.

In fact, he's not using the bridge at all, just a wooden push broom would do the same. Probably better.

unoperro

Verified Member
Somebody please explain to me how this use of a bridge is different than stacking two, or more bridges on top of each other to get to a difficult shot.:)

I actually beliebe the rules say you can stack 2 bridges.
The use of the chalk does make this illegal. I wouldnt call foul.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Come to think of it, I have a short (18" long) bridge I put together for one of my grandsons years ago. It would work perfectly in place of the chalk and then I'd be stacking two bridges. I'll have to start carrying it with me.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The shot is legal as far as I know. I've seen Cliff use the bridge in this exact same manner --although without the chalk-- and it's never been disallowed. I'm not sure if it's copacetic using the chalk as a riser though.

~Doc