Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal or Not

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    And who listens to them? lol

    I remember when the BCA tried to rule that a legal One Pocket break required the cue ball hitting a rail.

    "Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by unoperro View Post
      SCRZBILL. is that what you had in mind? LOL

      Maybe we are in for another version/thread?

      I was forced into it by the Chi town mob.
      It wasn't my idea.
      What do you have in mind?
      Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by sneakynito View Post
        From WPA's rules it looks pretty clearly illegal to me.
        It defines the bridge's use as to support the cue stick. Not a hand.

        If you made a bridge like you would use where the cue stick is touching the rail (tip of thumb touching middle finger and index finger around cue)so the cue stick was touching the bridge handle it looks like that would make it legal.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
          I was forced into it by the Chi town mob.
          It wasn't my idea.
          What do you have in mind?
          Your picture never posted.

          Comment


          • #50
            I agree that a bridge should be used exactly the way it was intended to be used. That said, there hasn't been much innovation on that front. It's time for a more versatile bridge, i.e., one with more shot accessibility features. Take this camera tripod, for example.

            https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXG9NN0...a-314119775882

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by OneRock View Post
              I agree that a bridge should be used exactly the way it was intended to be used. That said, there hasn't been much innovation on that front. It's time for a more versatile bridge, i.e., one with more shot accessibility features. Take this camera tripod, for example.

              https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXG9NN0...a-314119775882
              mini hijack
              onerock
              dont know if you have seen this bridge
              its creative
              i think its the nuts
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwVNK8p8as

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by lll View Post
                mini hijack
                onerock
                dont know if you have seen this bridge
                its creative
                i think its the nuts
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwVNK8p8as
                I'm not sure if that's the same one that crabb has but his is pretty cool for sure...looks similar if not the same.

                Comment


                • #53
                  There are many types of bridges now, stacking... telo.. but a line needs to be drawn. Chalk being used to aid in shot making should not be permitted. It's not leagal to place chalk on the rail when laying out banks or kick shots.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Good explanation,
                    I agree also

                    Originally posted by crystal cue View Post
                    If you made a bridge like you would use where the cue stick is touching the rail (tip of thumb touching middle finger and index finger around cue)so the cue stick was touching the bridge handle it looks like that would make it legal.
                    Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                      I'll let you guys argue over the bridge ("as intended" or "for the purpose intended"?) I'm staying on solid ground ruling the set-up and shot illegal as pictured because of the chalk.

                      I was reading through to see if anybody noticed the chalk under the butt end of the bridge, DARN IT!
                      You beat me to it.
                      So, if the chalk is intended as a bridge now, I suppose it's legal...LOL
                      Chris P.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by tucson9ball View Post
                        I was reading through to see if anybody noticed the chalk under the butt end of the bridge, DARN IT!
                        You beat me to it.
                        So, if the chalk is intended as a bridge now, I suppose it's legal...LOL
                        The chalk and the closed hand bridge would be 2 different fouls on the same shot,if you called it what would he spot up?not sure if you can be called on 2 fouls in one inning?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
                          The bridge is being used to assist the shooter in a hard to reach shot. The technique may be novel, but the bridge is being used for its intended purpose.
                          This isn't a hard to reach shot though. It's right there well within his reach.

                          If you think about all the times you see players using the bridge, it's when the length of the shot is the prohibitive factor (as in I can't reach it). When a guy gets jacked up over a ball and it's right near him easy to reach, you never see a player get a bridge out.

                          Even then though, I have nothing against a player using the bridge even if the shot isn't hard to reach. Of course that could be perfectly legal.

                          Anyway, I personally am surprised at the poll results. Don't confuse what you do in your local poolroom with real rules. Sometimes, as here, the "real rules" may not be well defined, to which I say, why in the hell wouldn't we just fix them as situations like this come up. It's not a million dollar question, but maybe it is worth a grand or two.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X