No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. John 25 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right. It turned out to be the best option after trying all suggested shots.

Originally posted by tucson9ball View Post
    Picture angles are always a little different. I'm taking a close look at banking the 11 ball and trying to get the Q ball to run into the 9. It looks like the angle is there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
      It really looks to me that banking the 11 with a stunned CB would allow the shooter to catch the 9 ball full and stop the CB. That's what I like.
      And there are a lot of positives with hitting the 9 ball full. The 5-15 carom sends both balls to your hole. The 9 ball may be an option, or the cut on the 5 ball, and of course the spot shot. It's well worth the risk in this spot.

Comment

I tried each of the three shots a dozen times with varying results:

1. 10-ball cross.
        2. 15-ball kick.
        3. 11-ball straight-back.

#1 is probably the toughest to execute, though it stands to yield very good results. It certainly doesn't have to be free, as you'll see in the video.

#2 is easy to execute, but what would you shoot next if you end up making it? Would you kick the 5 too? At the speed required to make it or leave it by your hole, you're likely to leave him a fairly easy reply.

#3 is also easy to execute, given the proximity of the CB and the 11. I chose to bank it with inside English (RHE) in order to kick the 9 out and kill the CB on the side rail. This turned out to be my favorite option even though I came to the table favoring #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyco...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
          I tried each of the three shots a dozen times with varying results:

1. 10-ball cross.
          2. 15-ball kick.
          3. 11-ball straight-back.

#1 is probably the toughest to execute, though it stands to yield very good results. It certainly doesn't have to be free, as you'll see in the video.

#2 is easy to execute, but what would you shoot next if you end up making it? Would you kick the 5 too? At the speed required to make it or leave it by your hole, you're likely to leave him a fairly easy reply.

#3 is also easy to execute, given the proximity of the CB and the 11. I chose to bank it with inside English (RHE) in order to kick the 9 out and kill the CB on the side rail. This turned out to be my favorite option even though I came to the table favoring #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyco...ature=youtu.be
          peter
          once again thanks for taking the time to take the shots to the table and video the results
          extra kudos for the video to be unedited showing the times you hit it good and not so good
          more kudos for admitting your bias to #1 but coming to like #3
          welcome to the site
          its great to have someone with your skill and knowledge here willing to share

larry

Comment

One option I wanted to try but forgot was to bank the 10 with RHE to avoid running into the 14 and 11, and consequently give myself a shot at cutting the 12 or banking the 15 in case I pocket the 10.

Comment

One option I wanted to try but forgot was to bank the 10 with RHE to avoid running into the 14 and 11, and consequently give myself a shot at cutting the 12 or banking the 15 in case I pocket the 10.
              I also was looking forward to you shooting it my way with LHE and a tip below center to bring the CB back under the 9.

Good shooting though and thanks for the videos, I agree with Larry, welcome to the site!

Comment

Thanks for posting your results. Seems none of them are without some risk.

When you kicked the 15 did you use center ball? That kick needs left english to go more directly into the 15 to hold the QB.

Comment

Left English.

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                  Thanks for posting your results. Seems none of them are without some risk.

When you kicked the 15 did you use center ball? That kick needs left english to go more directly into the 15 to hold the QB.

Comment

Left English.
                    Thanks. I thought the angle was there to hold the QB better, but it's not.

Comment

Nice job, Thanx.
                      Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                      (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                        Well, the straight back on the 11 is tempting, but it doesn't look like you could turn it enough to avoid leaving the Ghost a cut if you miss. But I know the camera tends to make angles look steeper so I'm not sure I can judge that, despite the excellent several views. At the table, maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't -- depending on how it looked, because with the right speed (if it was available) you might even be able to double the Ghost up if you missed the bank. I like that kind of shot a lot if I can follow the bank naturally, but this one looks like you would need to spin/draw the bank to slow down the cue ball and go straight across the table, and it would be easy to have the cue ball leak out.

I'm also wondering about pocketing the 14 ball and rolling up behind the 11 ball. It would not win the game for you but it gets another ball in play, and I would be hoping for some kind of thin cut cross corner on the 15. On second thought, Ghost would probably cut the 15 down the rail since I would have made that kind of a free shot by putting a second ball on the spot lol.

Ok, how about soft kicking under the 9-ball -- tripling up the Ghost. It certainly would be easy to execute.

Steve, banking the 11ball not to make it but to cover the 12ball and positioning the cue ball possibly under the 9ball would be the way I would play the shot. Yes under the 9ball. It looks like the path the cue ball will take is heading toward the 9ball, if you can tweak the cue ball a little to guide it to hit under the 9ball you just might create the ending position I was referring to. Anyways just getting the 11ball to end up down table and leaving distance may earn you the first good move.

Kicking under the 9ball imo is a wasted shot because you can't gain anything from it you can only lose ground choosing that option. jmo.

Banking the 10ball would be the option many would choose from here and one that you can't argue against.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                          It really looks to me that banking the 11 with a stunned CB would allow the shooter to catch the 9 ball full and stop the CB. That's what I like.
                          I like that too!
                          Live long and play strong,
                          -Chicagomike

Comment

Well, after looking at the different choices, John chose to bank the 15ball cross-corner, and he banked it a coupla inches short of his pocket...since his cueball came across table, along with where the 15 would end up, what would determine if his shot would turn out well for him or not, was how the cueball, 11, and 14 would shake out - but the configuration of those three balls ended up in my favor instead of his - since the 12-15 ended up as a dead combination for him, if he would have ended up snookering me with the 11 or 14, it would have came out good for him...here's how it turned out >>>
                            Attached Files
                            jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                              Well, after looking at the different choices, John chose to bank the 15ball cross-corner, and he banked it a coupla inches short of his pocket...since his cueball came across table, along with where the 15 would end up, what would determine if his shot would turn out well for him or not, was how the cueball, 11, and 14 would shake out - but the configuration of those three balls ended up in my favor instead of his - since the 12-15 ended up as a dead combination for him, if he would have ended up snookering me with the 11 or 14, it would have came out good for him...here's how it turned out >>>
                              Scary shot to shoot imo. Could scratch going that way with whitey, and it's a crap shoot where the balls end up. Thanks for the WWYD!

Comment

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                                Scary shot to shoot imo. Could scratch going that way with whitey, and it's a crap shoot where the balls end up. Thanks for the WWYD!
                                Yeah, but also Tom..look at his shape - if he had made the bank (which he missed by just 2") he would have been out...
                                jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Working...
                                X