Ghost vs. John 25 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. John 25 wwyd

John's shot ---his pocket is at the top left --- score is 5 to 3 Ghost ahead, both going to 8 --- wwyd?
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 07-05-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Kick the 15
        sigpic

Comment

Cross-bank the 10.

Comment

I need a threat, right now, so I am banking the spot ball. Why do people keep telling me not to do that? Looks like the angle is too much to shoot the long-rail bank safely. It would be a better choice, but only if I make it. Neither one would be protected.
            If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Happy 4th of July

Well, the straight back on the 11 is tempting, but it doesn't look like you could turn it enough to avoid leaving the Ghost a cut if you miss. But I know the camera tends to make angles look steeper so I'm not sure I can judge that, despite the excellent several views. At the table, maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't -- depending on how it looked, because with the right speed (if it was available) you might even be able to double the Ghost up if you missed the bank. I like that kind of shot a lot if I can follow the bank naturally, but this one looks like you would need to spin/draw the bank to slow down the cue ball and go straight across the table, and it would be easy to have the cue ball leak out.

I'm also wondering about pocketing the 14 ball and rolling up behind the 11 ball. It would not win the game for you but it gets another ball in play, and I would be hoping for some kind of thin cut cross corner on the 15. On second thought, Ghost would probably cut the 15 down the rail since I would have made that kind of a free shot by putting a second ball on the spot lol.

Ok, how about soft kicking under the 9-ball -- tripling up the Ghost. It certainly would be easy to execute.
              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCrown View Post
                Kick the 15
                If you kick that anywhere near your hole, the cue ball is passing across to a degree and almost certain to leave some kind of cut on the spotted ball for the Ghost. I don't like it.
                -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                  Cross-bank the 10.
                  Where are you thinking you would go for your cue ball final destination on that shot? That would be my concern. The 15 is fairly far south down the rail on the Ghost's side, so if you come all the way back up table with the cue ball, you are leaving some kind of cut, so you need the 10 to end up in a good spot to prevent him from shooting that in return (unless you make the 10 of course, lol). If you don't come all way back (or you do but rebound back up a ways), then you leave the cue ball too much out in the open table and the Ghost is going to come up with something that is not too difficult to execute.
                  -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

It really looks to me that banking the 11 with a stunned CB would allow the shooter to catch the 9 ball full and stop the CB. That's what I like.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                      If you kick that anywhere near your hole, the cue ball is passing across to a degree and almost certain to leave some kind of cut on the spotted ball for the Ghost. I don't like it.
                      Kick the 15. Yes if you miss the 10 can be cut in but if you miss the 10 QB goes into the 12 and you won't like it from there

Comment

As I survey the table I can see an "offensive kick" behind the 15 ball to the shooter's pocket as my first option. This is a very low percentage shot to make the 15 ball but a high percentage shot to bring the 15 ball close to my pocket. However, control of the cue ball is difficult and can result in a straight in shot on the 11 ball for my opponent which could win him the game.

The "offensive straight back" on the 11 ball is off-angle and presents itself as my second option. Yet this shot also presents a cue ball control problem whereby a cut shot on the 15 ball for my opponent could also win him the game.

Therefore, my third option would be the shot I would shoot. I would "defensively kick" into the 9 ball off the head rail. There is no clear path to my opponent's pocket for the 9 ball and the shot can be easily executed. Although I did not better my position with the execution of this shot but even the Ghost would not have any advantageous shot from there! They call this grinding. I would wait for his response. There are Ghosts and then there are Ghostbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
                          There are Ghosts and then there are Ghostbusters.
                          Maybe so, Johnny boy...but here's what any candy-ass wannabe Ghostbuster that comes looking to bust The One Pocket Ghost will find waiting for him...... >>>
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 07-05-2017, 03:36 AM.

Comment

either bank the 15 or kick it thin and bring the cueball down on the rail or maybe even cover.

you are two balls down with all your balls needed out of play.

Comment

Being behind 3/5 and playing the Ghost I would definitely seize this offensive opportunity to get back in the game with minimum risk... Bank the 11 with a llhe CB laying the CB on his long rail above the 9... If you make the bank on the 11, try to get out shooting the 5 off the 15... Miss, you have him doubled up and he has to deal with the 11... If the CB can be controlled to the position above the 9 on his long rail, then it's the right shot for me...

Kicking the 15 to make it would not be an option for me, high risk, low reward and a bad CB...

Comment

Working...
                              X