2017 WCS 1p Live Stream

gerri3404

Verified Member
West Coast Challenge 9-ball starts today!!!....But, first...We still have the 1-pocket tournament to finish! Watch 1-pocket all day with a sprinkling of 9-ball matches too!
First on the LIVE STREAM:

Shane VanBoening vs. John Schmidt
Watch it LIVE on POV POOL's YouTube Channel

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 12.32.10 PM.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
West Coast Challenge 9-ball starts today!!!....But, first...We still have the 1-pocket tournament to finish! Watch 1-pocket all day with a sprinkling of 9-ball matches too!
First on the LIVE STREAM:

Shane VanBoening vs. John Schmidt
Watch it LIVE on POV POOL's YouTube Channel

View attachment 18333

I see them kind of practicing Geraldine, what time is that match starting?

thanks!

OldSchool

Verified Member
But the best of all was the commentary combo of our Jerry "Baby Huey" Matchin and Bernie Pettipiece.

J Henderson did some nice commentating as well.

Not quite correct. Although all three know the game quite well, Bernie and John Henderson are excellent in the booth, Jerry however, is not.

The huge problem with Jerry's commentating arises from his being way too 'in your face' opinionated. That strong opinionating of his wouldn't be as bad if he was always correct with what he is saying, but he is not. He is constantly saying "that was a bad shot", or "I don't like that shot" when in fact at least half of the times that he says that he is mistaken, and the shot that Shane, Alex, Dennis, etc. shot was not a bad choice at all. This is very annoying.

And yes, I know the game of one pocket quite well. I've been playing the game and watching champions play it since the Rack in Detroit was gambling central 50 years ago.

Bernie and John Henderson on the other hand, keep their ego's in check, and do a more realistic job of commentating on the shot situations and in critiquing what the player has chosen.

If Jerry happens to read this, hopefully he will take it as constructive criticism.

Old School

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Not quite correct. Bernie and John Henderson are excellent in the booth, but Jerry is not.

The huge problem with Jerry's commentating arises from his being way too 'in your face' opinionated. That strong opinionating of his wouldn't be as bad if he was always correct with what he is saying, but he is not. He is constantly saying "that was a bad shot", or "I don't like that shot" when in fact at least half of the times that he says that he is mistaken, and the shot that Shane, Alex, Dennis, etc. shot was not a bad choice at all. This is very annoying.

And yes, I know the game of one pocket quite well. I've been playing the game and watching champions play it since the Rack in Detroit was gambling central 50 years ago.

Bernie and John Henderson on the other hand, keep their ego's in check, and do a more realistic job of commentating on the shot situations and what the player has chosen.

If Jerry happens to read this, hopefully he will take it as constructive criticism.

Old School

Im at my phone right now and cant properly elaborate. But we have to agree to disagree. All i can say is i too have been around pool since 64. So over 50 years. Jerry is a fine commentator and is knowledgeable and your criticism is your opinion. Just as those on the chatline seem to agree that Matchin was excellent.

But whats important here is that POV keep improving each year and their improvements have been impressive.

OldSchool

Verified Member
Obviously and understandably, in this type of situation, the members of this forum who disagree with me will post up to defend Jerry, but the people who agree with me will not say so here in public. One member has pm'ed me though, to say that he agrees with me.

Old School

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'm just happy to be watching some 1P. I crashed on my bicycle and have to take some time off from playing. I'm hoping to recover enough to drive to Houston for the TopWater tournament. I appreciate all the commentary.

I'm also still recovering from my loss in the finals in Chicago. I have so many mistakes still rolling around in my head. I know I'm human and not a pro, it's a little comforting to know even the top guys sometimes lose when they had their chance. I do love one pocket and continue striving to learn more and apply that knowledge to improve my consistency.

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
I agree with Mitch. All 3 are good .
I would like to say that this is by far the best/clearest stream that I can remember ever seeing. Hasn't stalled/ froze yet for me. Kudos to Daniel and company! I stopped ppv for that reason. I pay hard earned $ to constantly refresh. Whatever he's doing keep it up.~T

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I'm just happy to be watching some 1P. I crashed on my bicycle and have to take some time off from playing. I'm hoping to recover enough to drive to Houston for the TopWater tournament. I appreciate all the commentary.

I'm also still recovering from my loss in the finals in Chicago. I have so many mistakes still rolling around in my head. I know I'm human and not a pro, it's a little comforting to know even the top guys sometimes lose when they had their chance. I do love one pocket and continue striving to learn more and apply that knowledge to improve my consistency.

Jim, were you thinking about your loss in the finals while riding your bike before the accident? Let it go, man, you played great. :eek::D

Heal up my friend.

Dave

Last edited:

YoungSchool

Not quite correct. Although all three know the game quite well, Bernie and John Henderson are excellent in the booth, Jerry however, is not.

Bernie and John Henderson on the other hand, keep their ego's in check, and do a more realistic job of commentating on the shot situations and in critiquing what the player has chosen.

Old School

Take a chill pill OldSchool.

I don't know Baby Huey, but my hombre Miller claims to have made his acquaintance. Didn't watch the stream but imagine you could do a lot worse than a man who obviously knows the game.

Don't piss on a guy's head and tell him that it's raining.

-YoungSchool

gerri3404

Verified Member
West Coast Challenge 1-Pocket FINALS!
Dennis Orcollo vs. Alex Pagulayan
In this true double elimination, Alex will have to double dip, Dennis to win.
Watch it LIVE! POV POOL on YouTube!

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 8.22.40 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 8.22.09 PM.jpg