2017 WCS 1p Live Stream

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
Alex and Dennis are currently playing for the hot seat. Dennis up 1-0 in games. Alex had was up 5 balls to -1 in the first game but Dennis played great shots and Alex made a questionable kick to try to make his game ball but sold out.

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
Dennis beat Alex 4 - 1 in the hot seat match. Dennis played real strong and Alex made a number of unforced errors when he had chances to get out. Good commentary by Jerry Matchin and Bernie Pettipeace. I think the remaining players on the one loss are SVB, Kiamco, Santos Sambajon, and Alex.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
A great treat indeed! I was only able to watch the Tony / SVB match and although it could have went either way, Shane won....this is why I have Shane above Tony in my top 10 list....both great players but I still like Shane in that match up.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
A great treat indeed! I was only able to watch the Tony / SVB match and although it could have went either way, Shane won....this is why I have Shane above Tony in my top 10 list....both great players but I still like Shane in that match up.

You have THE top ten list? You must be the odds maker for the remaining matches. Whats Sunnys odds in his next match?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
You have THE top ten list? You must be the odds maker for the remaining matches. Whats Sunnys odds in his next match?

LOL, no Bill, just my personal opinion on a top 10 list that I posted in this thread: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13311

I said if I had to pick now and name them it would be something like this:

1 - Alex Pagulayan
2 - Dennis Orcollo
3 - Scott Frost
4 - SVB
5 - Tony Chohan
6 - Danny Smith
7 - Justin Hall
8 - Efren Reyes
9 - Francisco Bustamante
10 - Corey Deuel

keoneyo

Verified Member
Last nites match between Alex and Dennis was a fine display of what one pocket is all about. Very strong shots and safety moves. But the best of all was the commentary combo of our Jerry "Baby Huey" Matchin and Bernie Pettipiece.

I been harpin' on Daniel of POV to improve their commentator's. I know its not easy and Daniel and Geraldine have been providing excellent streaming for FREE. But I hope they can see how great commentary can improve your product double.

I believe that commentating is not just description of what is happening but what we dont see what is happening. That is, why choices were made. What choices couldve been made. What choices a normal one pocket player does and what a super talented player is capable of. Vin Scully doesnt just call the hits, strikes, and fouls but gives you everything that goes on at the park. Jerry and Bernie were just excellent and added to a fine performance by the two players.

I attribute this to the standard that Onepocket.org has with WWYD's and ongoing discussion about the game. J Henderson did some nice commentating as well. The voice of Frank the Barber was missed.
Thank you guys. Thank you POV.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
LOL, no Bill, just my personal opinion on a top 10 list that I posted in this thread: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13311

I said if I had to pick now and name them it would be something like this:

1 - Alex Pagulayan
2 - Dennis Orcollo
3 - Scott Frost
4 - SVB
5 - Tony Chohan
6 - Danny Smith
7 - Justin Hall
8 - Efren Reyes
9 - Francisco Bustamante
10 - Corey Deuel

After watching the Alex, Dennis match last night, Dennis is doing what Alex has been doing. He is taking advantage of any mistake, mental or physical and taking over the game, and winning. Several times last night Alex would make a decent shot but he did not play his cue ball to perfection. Alex didn't protect his balls in his hole and Alex allowed Dennis to gain control because of poor cue ball management.
I got to pick Dennis # 1
Alex @ 2
Shane
One of the young guns
Scott
Tony.Efrin, Busty, Tie
Corey
Thorpe