WWYD - SVB vs Thorpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
    You'd be doing him a favor. What you need to do is to get out from behind the stack asap, looking to improve your position just as quickly by moving something towards your hole. Couple all that with distance.
    i dont think i need to be super aggressive every shot--i'll relax a little here, and freeze to the 5 ball and then watch what he does, i dont feel any pressure to do anything drastic, its very early on.......

Comment

What he's most likely to do after your shot is to keep you right there by taking an intentional.

Originally posted by poolisboring View Post
      i dont think i need to be super aggressive every shot--i'll relax a little here, and freeze to the 5 ball and then watch what he does, i dont feel any pressure to do anything drastic, its very early on.......

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
        What he's most likely to do after your shot is to keep you right there by taking an intentional.
        thats ok, i'll figure something out......

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
          10-6 draw up to the corner pocket
          Originally posted by lll View Post
          jim the only problem i have with your shot is the 10 since it is hitting the 6 fairly full might leave a shot on the 10 (not saying it would be the best choice depending how everything ended up..but i like the shot
          onerock you posted before i could because this shot comes up alot and is strong
          Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
          Also the shot I saw and liked.

Larry, IMO, I think if you shoot the 10/6 combo bank and draw the CB up to the top rail, you want to focus on leaving the CB as close to his long rail as possible so you make sure you are doubling him up on the 4/1. If I indeed get there, then I dare him to shoot the back cut on the 10 and push all the balls to my side.
          I'm in the 10/6 camp also. I'd mash it, cut the 10ball a little and rearrange the furniture
          Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

While this shot could very well work out and produce very good results, I feel as though the angle isn't quite there to set the cue ball on the desired path without having to cut the 10 into the 6. Such a cut, if needed, could end up benefiting the opponent if the 10 comes off the 7 and head towards his hole, not to mention the 7 too could end up doing the same off the 11.

So, if you take this shot, know full well what these balls are likely to do.

Originally posted by androd View Post
            I'm in the 10/6 camp also. I'd mash it, cut the 10ball a little and rearrange the furniture
            Attached Files

Comment

This is another possible solution to a situation that often arises after the break. I have no idea if it's laying right here.

ANYWAYS, WHAT OPTION DID HE END UP TAKING?
              Attached Files

Comment

Shane tried a forceful takeout of Thorpe's balls, here is an animated gif of how it turned out.

Shane shooting takeout

Comment

He got a little unfortunate. The 6 hit the 1 too full, so it didn't travel too far, leaving a shot on it. Otherwise it was a pretty good idea..

~Doc

Comment

Shoot the 14/9 firm, stick em behind and too the 13 ball. The ball movements and rearrangements look advantageous to the shooter, and cue ball control is nearly 100% and the stripe below the 13 allows coverage for balls moved towards your hole.
                    Bill Meacham
                    WBT
                    www.worldbilliardtour.com
                    no link....

Comment

Working...
                    X