WWYD - SVB vs Thorpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD - SVB vs Thorpe

Billy laid down a good break. SVB to shoot with his hole on the bottom left.

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
    Billy laid down a good break. SVB to shoot with his hole on the bottom left.

Intentional and double him up on the 4 1?

Comment

The 14/10 carom looks temping but I'm not taking it as per the chicken inside of me..buck buck buck
      Maybe intentional into the 13/14
      Last edited by GoldCrown; 07-05-2017, 07:04 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

does the 12 go dead. with 3 balls no throw to worry about and a big spot to hit it.

Comment

I would shoot the ball by the side pocket on the right side with right English, intending to send the cue ball to the right side of the 8 ball.

Comment

If I can see enough of the 15 to cross-bank it to my side (or into the 8) with low RHE and send the cue ball two rails up table to double him up on the 4/1, then that would be my first choice. My second choice would be to take an intentional foul by rolling the CB up table near the corner pocket on his side.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee Joe6 View Post
              I would shoot the ball by the side pocket on the right side with right English, intending to send the cue ball to the right side of the 8 ball.
              My thought as well
              "If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."---unknown

Comment

10-6 draw up to the corner pocket

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                  I was romancing that shot as well, but there may not be enough angle off the 14 to draw the CB up high on the long rail. Dunno.

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                    If I can see enough of the 15 to cross-bank it to my side (or into the 8) with low RHE and send the cue ball two rails up table to double him up on the 4/1, then that would be my first choice. My second choice would be to take an intentional foul by rolling the CB up table near the corner pocket on his side.
                    jim the only problem i have with your shot is the 10 since it is hitting the 6 fairly full might leave a shot on the 10 (not saying it would be the best choice depending how everything ended up..but i like the shot
                    onerock you posted before i could because this shot comes up alot and is strong

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                      jim the only problem i have with your shot is the 10 since it is hitting the 6 fairly full might leave a shot on the 10 (not saying it would be the best choice depending how everything ended up..but i like the shot
                      onerock you posted before i could because this shot comes up alot and is strong
                      I played onerocks shot against Newkirk in the finals just barely missing. I was just giving other possibilities that might work. Sometimes these pics are hard to judge angles

Comment

Take the four-rail intentional scratch and leave him on the black ball on the short rail.
                        If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

i'd shoot the 5-2 if i was sure i could stick the rock against the 5..... hard to tell from the pics.....

Comment

You'd be doing him a favor. What you need to do is to get out from behind the stack asap, looking to improve your position just as quickly by moving something towards your hole. Couple all that with distance.

Originally posted by poolisboring View Post
                            i'd shoot the 5-2 if i was sure i could stick the rock against the 5..... hard to tell from the pics.....

Comment

Also the shot I saw and liked.

Larry, IMO, I think if you shoot the 10/6 combo bank and draw the CB up to the top rail, you want to focus on leaving the CB as close to his long rail as possible so you make sure you are doubling him up on the 4/1. If I indeed get there, then I dare him to shoot the back cut on the 10 and push all the balls to my side.

Comment

Working...
                              X