WWYD Pop Quiz #4 - SVB to Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD Pop Quiz #4 - SVB to Shoot

Shane's in serious trouble here. All those balls ain't in his hole and it's a hill hill match. Thorpe broke and slowly brought the hammer down by carefully out moving Shane.

Shane to shoot. Click on the bottom link to see his shot and compare to what you'd do in this situation.

Click here to see what Shane did

Super shot! I didn't even look at it.

Comment

Almost a 90-degree cut. Who the hell has eyes like these? Quite spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
        Almost a 90-degree cut. Who the hell has eyes like these? Quite spectacular.
        Mr.Sawyer.
        Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
        (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

great shot..... thats why he's svb, and we are just bums......

Comment

Once every blue moon I shoot that shot. When you figure to lose anyway what the heck. Even if he missed the 2 there's always the luck factor

Comment

This is the kind of stuff I was referring to in the "Best Player" thread. VanBoening uses his ball striking skill to start runs and also to sustain runs. And also to get out of traps as you can see here. That's the main reason he has a better chance beating Orcollo or Pagulayan than any other top player because of stuff like that.

Dr. Bill

Comment

ive lost more than a few games from positions like this where he's in big trouble, but has one shot at a flyer, makes it and runs out--those kinds of losses hurt really bad.......

Comment

I can only hope that any opponent I face shoots this shot.

Even if it were SVB, Alex, Dennis, it doesn't matter to me.

I know they have such high levels of skill but still, IMO that is a give up shot. You make it you may run some balls, you miss it you lose the game most likely.

I know they say when the safety is harder than the shot, shoot the shot but in this instance there are a number of shots he has, especially intentionals. I think I would have taken an intentional by rolling the CB up about a half diamond out from his long rail to triple him up.

Comment

WOW! My move would have been to unscrew and pay.

Comment

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                      Shane's in serious trouble here. All those balls ain't in his hole and it's a hill hill match. Thorpe broke and slowly brought the hammer down by carefully out moving Shane.

Shane to shoot. Click on the bottom link to see his shot and compare to what you'd do in this situation.

Click here to see what Shane did
                      Haven't looked yet. I'd probably fire the 11 ball a bit to the right of the center of the 3 ball aiming to clear the 13 and send some stuff towards my hole.

UPDATE. Wow! He hit that so pure, he could have made it with another 5 degrees of angle. I didn't even look at the cut, just whether I could carom the 2 off of the 12.
                      "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

It's hard to be upset if you lose to that kind of shot...I guess you gotta know you can't leave him that. I think the key to that kind of slice is staying so still while stroking through the ball. He does it real well.
                        Live long and play strong,
                        -Chicagomike

Comment

I thought he might glance off the 1 ball and pocket the 13
                          Live long and play strong,
                          -Chicagomike

Comment

Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                            WOW! My move would have been to unscrew and pay.
                            You would have found some fancy 3 or 4 rail kick billiard🤣

Comment

Originally posted by chicagomike View Post
                              It's hard to be upset if you lose to that kind of shot...I guess you gotta know you can't leave him that. I think the key to that kind of slice is staying so still while stroking through the ball. He does it real well.
                              good point about staying still--alot of players jump up on these kind of pressure situations......

Comment

Working...
                              X