Efren's $100 Races to 3 10-7 Proposition Matches

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
There's a lot to be learned from watching these proposition matches on Youtube. You get to see the mistakes average players make vs. a top-rate player.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
There's a lot to be learned from watching these proposition matches on Youtube. You get to see the mistakes average players make vs. a top-rate player.

Watch the Chohan match coming up and you will see a top rated player taking advantage of even mental mistakes by another top rated player.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
What's interesting to see in matches like these is how the amateur gets tunnel vision and doesn't see the situation clearly. Time after time they will move well and have the better chance of winning. Then do something really dumb and it only takes 1 dumb thing against great players to lose. Got to stay calm in those situations, but it's hard against such giants of the game.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I'm glad no one filmed my Efren matches:heh

But I bet you're glad you played him. At least, I'd be happy to toss a few hundred at the GOAT for the experience. If I won just 2 games in three races to three, I'd be pretty damn happy. But I'd be mentally prepared for zero. I wonder if he lets up a bit when he knows it's in the bag?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Bobby Emmons is a pure shooter. I would like to see him matched up with Jason Shaw. He was no match for Efren.

He would need a ball or two IMO, but it would be fun to watch. Jason is at another level and plays much better position and does not have the highs and lows Bobby has, but when Bobby is feeling it he will win some games.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
But I bet you're glad you played him. At least, I'd be happy to toss a few hundred at the GOAT for the experience. If I won just 2 games in three races to three, I'd be pretty damn happy. But I'd be mentally prepared for zero. I wonder if he lets up a bit when he knows it's in the bag?

I played him a few times in nine ball tournaments in the nineties and he will slack off a bit when it's in the bag.

I have told this story before. I was scheduled to play the winner of Efren and Warren Kiamco at the San Francisco Open some years back. Their match was hill/hill and I was rooting for Warren to win because Efren had beaten me soundly the few times we had played and Warren was relatively unknown then.

Warren won on the hill, I lost the lag and he put a five pack on me.:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Getting to play Efren for $100 would be like getting to hit against Sandy Koufax. Pure fantasy.
against efren you would hit a ball
dont think so against Kofax....:D
would still be incredible to do anything with a hall of famer in any sport...:)

Last edited: