Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Efren's $100 Races to 3 10-7 Proposition Matches

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Efren's $100 Races to 3 10-7 Proposition Matches

    There's a lot to be learned from watching these proposition matches on Youtube. You get to see the mistakes average players make vs. a top-rate player.

  • #2
    Originally posted by OneRock View Post
    There's a lot to be learned from watching these proposition matches on Youtube. You get to see the mistakes average players make vs. a top-rate player.
    Watch the Chohan match coming up and you will see a top rated player taking advantage of even mental mistakes by another top rated player.
    Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by OneRock View Post
      There's a lot to be learned from watching these proposition matches on Youtube. You get to see the mistakes average players make vs. a top-rate player.
      Links?

      I enjoyed watching him spot Emmons awhile back.
      https://youtu.be/htAjvFJ2E90

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sneakynito View Post
        Links?

        I enjoyed watching him spot Emmons awhile back.
        https://youtu.be/htAjvFJ2E90
        I played Bobby a few times. Beat him playing even then got BBQ'd getting a ball. When he gets it going nothing is safe and he gets to eight before you can blink.

        Of course playing me is nothing like playing Efren.
        JOHN HENDERSON
        Al Romero Cue
        Magic Chalk

        Comment


        • #5
          What's interesting to see in matches like these is how the amateur gets tunnel vision and doesn't see the situation clearly. Time after time they will move well and have the better chance of winning. Then do something really dumb and it only takes 1 dumb thing against great players to lose. Got to stay calm in those situations, but it's hard against such giants of the game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by OneRock View Post
            There's a lot to be learned from watching these proposition matches on Youtube. You get to see the mistakes average players make vs. a top-rate player.
            I'm glad no one filmed my Efren matches

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
              I'm glad no one filmed my Efren matches
              But I bet you're glad you played him. At least, I'd be happy to toss a few hundred at the GOAT for the experience. If I won just 2 games in three races to three, I'd be pretty damn happy. But I'd be mentally prepared for zero. I wonder if he lets up a bit when he knows it's in the bag?
              "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

              Comment


              • #8
                Bobby Emmons is a pure shooter. I would like to see him matched up with Jason Shaw. He was no match for Efren.
                If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vapros View Post
                  Bobby Emmons is a pure shooter. I would like to see him matched up with Jason Shaw. He was no match for Efren.
                  He would need a ball or two IMO, but it would be fun to watch. Jason is at another level and plays much better position and does not have the highs and lows Bobby has, but when Bobby is feeling it he will win some games.
                  JOHN HENDERSON
                  Al Romero Cue
                  Magic Chalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
                    But I bet you're glad you played him. At least, I'd be happy to toss a few hundred at the GOAT for the experience. If I won just 2 games in three races to three, I'd be pretty damn happy. But I'd be mentally prepared for zero. I wonder if he lets up a bit when he knows it's in the bag?
                    I played him a few times in nine ball tournaments in the nineties and he will slack off a bit when it's in the bag.

                    I have told this story before. I was scheduled to play the winner of Efren and Warren Kiamco at the San Francisco Open some years back. Their match was hill/hill and I was rooting for Warren to win because Efren had beaten me soundly the few times we had played and Warren was relatively unknown then.

                    Warren won on the hill, I lost the lag and he put a five pack on me.
                    JOHN HENDERSON
                    Al Romero Cue
                    Magic Chalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Getting to play Efren for $100 would be like getting to hit against Sandy Koufax. Pure fantasy.
                      (A recovering 9 ball player)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tylerbob View Post
                        Getting to play Efren for $100 would be like getting to hit against Sandy Koufax. Pure fantasy.
                        What's even better is Efren will play $20 a game when he doesn't have bigger action

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tylerbob View Post
                          Getting to play Efren for $100 would be like getting to hit against Sandy Koufax. Pure fantasy.
                          against efren you would hit a ball
                          dont think so against Kofax....
                          would still be incredible to do anything with a hall of famer in any sport...
                          Last edited by lll; 07-13-2017, 07:08 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's my fantasy. I would hit Koufax! (but maybe not make a ball on Efren)
                            (A recovering 9 ball player)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ill watch him and keep my 100.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X