Day 2 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2 review

We saw good Tony for most of the match, then we saw bad, impatient, reckless Tony show up for the last two hours. Dennis clawed back to actually win the day and get the lead down to six. The format is not conducive for a comeback, but Dennis got enough momentum in day 2 to promise a match tomorrow.

Dennis started playing better and capitalizing on Tony's crazy shot selection. We'll see if Tony settles back down or continues to give away games. There is little doubt that the S.S. T-Rex was taking on water at the end of the day today. He'll be fresh and ready tomorrow, though, so Dennis needs to play his best early to fade the barrage that Tony will no doubt start with.

At the end of day two, the score is Tony Chohan 20, Dennis Orcollo 14.
    Last edited by BRLongArm; 07-13-2017, 01:38 AM.

Tony weighs about twice as much, but orcollo thinks about ten times as hard. I'm not sure if those things come close to equaling out, but yeah the endurance seems to go to orcollo.

Comment

Not sure about statistics,but I would rather be down 7 with my opponent needing 30,then down 6 with my opponent needing 20

Comment

Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
        We saw good Tony for most of the match, then we saw bad, impatient, reckless Tony show up for the last two hours. Dennis clawed back to actually win the day and get the lead down to six. The format is not conducive for a comeback, but Dennis got enough momentum in day 2 to promise a match tomorrow.

Dennis started playing better and capitalizing on Tony's crazy shot selection. We'll see if Tony settles back down or continues to give away games. There is little doubt that the S.S. T-Rex was taking on water at the end of the day today. He'll be fresh and ready tomorrow, though, so Dennis needs to play his best early to fade the barrage that Tony will no doubt start with.

At the end of day two, the score is Tony Chohan 20, Dennis Orcollo 14.
        And that, along with not playing the score, is exactly why Tony lost that 15K match to Bustamante a year ago...I thought that maybe, just maybe, for this much $$$, Tony would make himself use a little more discipline re. the ill advised circus shots - but I guess not.

- Ghost
        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

you change your play according to the score in the game. but not according to the score in the set. that would be a mistake.

Comment

The reason tony has Dennis so off balance though is those "ill advised" shots.

Comment

Hope Tony pulls it back some
              He got sloppier and less lucky on day 2

Dennis did a little better but still not what people are used to seeing Dennis play like

I'm enjoying it, loved the smooth double bank Dennis made, also the updown the table double bank that Tony made day 1 dennis made as well
              3 cushion has killed carom

Comment

From here, the only way Tony loses is by a frank collapse. If Dennis were to come back to win from this point, it would send everyone running to their diaries with fresh #2 pencils in hand, anxious to record one of the greatest moments in the history of cue sports...

~Doc

Comment

The coffin was shutting at 19-10 but then Tony said, let's keep this match alive! If Dennis can win 13 or 14 to 10 today, which he is very capable of, it will be a hell of a final day tomorrow!

Comment

Anyone here know how the table conditions differ from the Frost/DO match?
                    Bill Meacham
                    WBT
                    www.worldbilliardtour.com
                    no link....

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                      From here, the only way Tony loses is by a frank collapse. If Dennis were to come back to win from this point, it would send everyone running to their diaries with fresh #2 pencils in hand, anxious to record one of the greatest moments in the history of cue sports...

~Doc
                      I disagree, Doc, but it demands a quick start. If Dennis starts out hot and wins the first 7 of 10 or 8 out of 12, we have a match. We all saw Tony fade the later the day got yesterday. If Dennis can get out to a fast start, he can make it another long day. Remember that Dennis was beating his opponents an average of 5-1 in these stacked tournaments so we know he has the gear to shut his opponent down. When Tony's circus shots don't
                      fall, he sells out the game. We saw a little of that yesterday. Will Tony play smarter, or will he succumb to his aggression?
                      Last edited by BRLongArm; 07-13-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I disagree, Doc, but it demands a quick start. If Dennis starts out hot and wins the first 7 of 10 or 8 out of 12, we have a match. We all saw Tony fade the later the day got yesterday. If Dennis can get out to a fast start, he can make it another long day. Remember that Dennis was beating his opponents and average of 5-1 in these stacked tournaments so we know he has the gear to shut his opponent down. When Tony's circus shots don't
                        fall, he sells out the game. We saw a little of that yesterday. Will Tony play smarter, or will he succumb to his aggression?
                        i think that is the question to be answered
                        also playing dennis would drive me crazy unless we had a shot clock

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                          Anyone here know how the table conditions differ from the Frost/DO match?
                          4 1/8 vs. 4 1/4. Tony played two long sessions against SVB just before the match started so he had about 16 hours of play on it vs. 1.5 hours for Dennis.

Comment

Did Dennis not play the tournament last week?

4 1/8 vs. 4 1/4. Tony played two long sessions against SVB just before the match started so he had about 16 hours of play on it vs. 1.5 hours for Dennis.

Comment

Tony got a little mentally tired yesterday. He tried to end games more quickly than normal and lost a few he shouldn't have. Watching the match it's clear he's the better player defensively at least. He takes balls out of Dennis' pocket better and gets the first shot more often than not. If there's an opportunity for Dennis it has to be today as he has to make up ground if he is going to be in it on day four. He can't be behind by no more than four games to have a chance on the last day.

Comment

Working...
                              X