Ghost vs. Arturo 19 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
    The five off the three does look appealing.

The other shot that appeals to me is a two rail kick at the one ball. A fair amount of left english must be used to assure picking up the foot rail before striking the one. This will cause the cue ball to move more directly toward the stack providing a nice safety and offensive move.

Tom
    I call this the Dr. Bill shot as that is who I saw post this first. Usually the cue is closer to the bottom rail and you need to jack up a little. sometime the cue goes right into the stack so you dont need to make the ball. I scream out...Billy when I hit it good and I only met him once while standing at Ballys. lol Thanks Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by t-dog View Post
      I call this the Dr. Bill shot as that is who I saw post this first. Usually the cue is closer to the bottom rail and you need to jack up a little. sometime the cue goes right into the stack so you dont need to make the ball. I scream out...Billy when I hit it good and I only met him once while standing at Ballys. lol Thanks Doc.
      I'm good with that but I'll be willing to bet that shot has been around a lot longer than the good doctor. Doc. Billy's shot it is. That is as long as he wants it attributed to him.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Now seeing what Arturo did....he's gonna get a dose real quick. The cue ball position in relation to the cut bank lies perfect.

I wouldn't like leaving that 9 ball bank shot. Not only can you bank it up/down easily short or wide but, freezing whitey to the middle of the head rail becomes a natural. I'm playin' all cue ball here.
        Bill Meacham
        WBT
        www.worldbilliardtour.com
        no link....

Comment

I am hitting the left side of the 9 with left and rolling up on the 3 tight. I have now repositioned the 9 out in the center of table, cover a possible 3 into 5 combo that would reposition the 5, protected a kick into the 15 ball combo, protected a kick into a combo on the 8, and hopefully protected the 9. He now has to come off either the 3, 1, or 9 if he can see it. I have the 6 and 5 that still goes, which creates caution if he goes down table. Whitey

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
            I'm good with that but I'll be willing to bet that shot has been around a lot longer than the good doctor. Doc. Billy's shot it is. That is as long as he wants it attributed to him.

Tom
            I am sure it has been around a long time. I only call it that as one of his posts or comments on video wised me up to it.

Comment

This shot, Chicago Fats posted on pg.3 and diagramed, but I am liking only going to side rail with 2 and contacting the 1 directly across it's face to direct it into my pocket, or if you want to be a little safer then contact the 1 slightly on it's backside or slight overcut. But either way they both drive the 1 across to my corner and the 2 clears out and angles back towards and into pack, just as C. Fats has it diagramed, it works perfectly! Draw cue ball slightly up against 12.

This shot protects my main concern, that being a return kick combo on the7 to 8 or 14-11, both maybe wired and we can not assume they are not. This also prevents a return shot of cue ball down table or the repositioning of cue ball where it once was, for the 1 is now by the pocket.

By going 1 rail with the 2 it helps eliminates the chance of the 2 being stuck there, unless you hit the shot bad and contact the 1 fat or on it's high side. Do not do this for the 2 will die there! But the shot lies perfect to go one rail into the one, and draw up against the 12.

Thanks Chicago Fats for your post, Whitey
              Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 08-03-2017, 07:37 PM. Reason: I did not realize this was already posted and I wanted to give C. Fats his due credit!

Comment

I like giving him the 2 and putting the cue behind the 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Xopher View Post
                  I like giving him the 2 and putting the cue behind the 1.
                  Xopher, in this situation, there is no reason to give your opponent a ball when you have several options to either play defensively or offensively. See these options in the post below.

Welcome to 1P.org.

Comment

Working...
                  X