Ghost vs. Arturo 19 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Arturo 19 wwyd

Responding to the break --- I just broke - not too good of a break --- Arturo to shoot --- wwyd? ----->
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Carom/bank the 5 off the 3 moving to your hole. Use stun follow on cb leaving on the rail. The 3 and the ball by the rail should vacate the area since the shot will have to struck somewhat firmly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
          Carom/bank the 5 off the 3 moving to your hole. Use stun follow on cb leaving on the rail. The 3 and the ball by the rail should vacate the area since the shot will have to struck somewhat firmly.
          I didn't think it would take long for someone to pick out that shot...

Comment

Banking the 8 into the 11/13 looks appealing but I could not tell if the shot is available by the pic.

Comment

Sometimes simple is better

Simple and effective. Object is to hide the TWO. Now he can't use the EIGHT to return the safety. If he goes up table I have the Eight to use a striker or simple safety.
              Attached Files
              Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

I don't see anything much better than Hardmix's shot. I'd have to see which was best: shooting the 5 into the 3 thin, in order bank into the 11; or to hit it thicker in order to bank into the 8. The object is to try to knock some stuff over to my hole.

If the shot didn't smell right, a guy could come thin off the 7 and kick lightly into the back of the 1. He'd probably leave you up table after that. Then you could remove the 3 or 9, whichever is left.

~Doc

Comment

The five off the three does look appealing.

The other shot that appeals to me is a two rail kick at the one ball. A fair amount of left english must be used to assure picking up the foot rail before striking the one. This will cause the cue ball to move more directly toward the stack providing a nice safety and offensive move.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post

The other shot that appeals to me is a two rail kick at the one ball. A fair amount of left english must be used to assure picking up the foot rail before striking the one. This will cause the cue ball to move more directly toward the stack providing a nice safety and offensive move.

Tom
                    Tom,
                    I would never question you and I think I can hit this one well but you are just as easily giving up a bank or worse and suddenly down 5 in the ball count.
                    Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

I am kicking two rails at the 1 ball, pocket speed.
                      If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick B View Post
                        Tom,
                        I would never question you and I think I can hit this one well but you are just as easily giving up a bank or worse and suddenly down 5 in the ball count.
                        Nick, that's not going to happen if I catch the foot rail ahead of making an approximate half ball hit on the one. In any case, I like my chances of pulling this shot off with positive results most every time.

It just isn't a difficult shot.
                        Thanks for your confidence though.
                        Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                          id do this...... hey Ghost. nice to see a op break as good as mine LOL......

Comment

Tom's two-rail kick is my preferred shot here. Interestingly, the same exact shot came up earlier this evening during a sparring session.

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post

Tom

Comment

If executed correctly, the cue ball will likely end up behind the stack.

Originally posted by Nick B View Post
                              Tom,

Comment

Working...
                              X