You vs. opponent 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You vs. opponent 21

This is a wwyd that I put up a few years ago, and I thought I'd put it up again with all of the additional members that we have now...last time it was up we had some lively disagreeing on what was the right thing to do - especially between Dr. Billy and 'Freddy the Beard'

It's your shot --- your pocket is at the top left --- score is 7 to 4, you're ahead, and you're playing in a hill-hill tournament match against a strong player --- the pockets are 4-3/8" --- so wwyd - go for the win right now (shooting which ball?) or give him his 14ball? ----->
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 08-06-2017, 03:20 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Got to shoot the one for the money.

B
        Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

Against someone who moves about my speed I'm giving him his ball. Against someone that out-moves me (Ghost) I'm about 60/40 on rolling the 11 ball in so I shoot it and break Bruce's heart. 80% of the time if table is true I can put that in the jaws. With the 1 ball there it makes scratching behind my ball no good.

A good mover may never give me another better look.
          Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

I'm shooting the 11 straight in. I'm normally a B player at pocketing balls but for some odd reason long straight in shots off the rail i'm very confident in making

Comment

I'm shooting the straight-in, and not slow-rolling either. Comfortable stroke speed. I want it side-pocket high if I miss. I would love to make his ball for him, but I'm going to give up a nearly-free straight-back on the stripe in the middle if I do, so fire away!

Comment

Not a real big fan of any of the options here, so I'd have to shoot the 11 at pocket speed so if I missed it is sitting in my hole as a threat.

Comment

There is no need to shoot a tough shot here and lose if you miss. Make the 14 and go to the next inning.

Comment

I'm stroking the 11 straight in the hole for the cheese..if I miss, he is not winning from there so I still get another shot if I miss the 11.

Comment

im shooting the 14 in..... he now has to run the last 3 with the cb in the jaws of his pocket--i like my chances.......i dont like shooting the 11 because it could hit a point of my pocket and go towards his hole--seen it happen more than a few times--and lost when it happened......

Comment

I'm putting the 14 down.
                        sigpic

Comment

14 for me as well given the ball count.

Comment

Absolutely, I give him the 14 ball and wait for any decent shot that does not begin with Jojo in a pocket. Also, if I go for my winner, it's the 1 ball and not the 11. I see that's not the popular choice - maybe it's just something about helicopter pilots and Honda drivers. My chances of making that 27 foot shot on the 11 are not so good.
                            If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

if you can make a ball over 50% of the time then its a no brainer on shooting. that would make you well over winning 80% of the games.

but i think i could knock the 14 out so that becomes the auto shot if thats possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X