Ghost vs. John 29 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. John 29 wwyd

John's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right --- ball score is 3-2, John ahead --- obviously, John can't see the 10ball - he can't make it rail first either --- the 9ball is not frozen to the head rail --- wwyd ----->
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Any speed to the table ? if so I'd look at two railing the 5ball and get the CB near the 9ball.
    Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Wwyd

I would pocket the stripe hanging in the top right pocket. I may get lucky and hook him on the point or frozen to the ball by the pocket. I'll take my chances on him making the 7 ball and if he does the table is not laying good for him to run a lot of balls.If he elects to move the 10 ball he will have to let the cue ball loose.There are a few other options here that are viable but I like to force my opponent to come the table first.

Comment

I immediately see 3 options here, one defensive and two offensive. Here's the defensive option, and by far, the simplest.
        Attached Files

Comment

I like shooting the solid (3rd ball 5? on the spot) into and off the 10, most likely it'll hang up in the pocket. If I make it, a free shot on the 7 bank.
          Last edited by Island Drive; 08-18-2017, 02:26 PM.
          Bill Meacham
          WBT
          www.worldbilliardtour.com
          no link....

Comment

And here's offensive option #1. Execution and familiarity with table rails and speed are paramount. I'm not sure I need to get this aggressive at this point in the game unless I'm well ahead in the number of games and I don't mind getting fancy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Finally, option #3 (offensive option #2). This requires a draw stroke that aims to stun the CB without overpowering the shot. I want to either make the ball or leave two balls by my pocket.
              Attached Files

Comment

I also see another defensive option that I like. So, this makes it two defensive options and two offensive options.
                Attached Files

Comment

BTW, if the 8 weren't there, I would cross the 7 ball (or is it the 3?), as shown in my pic, AND carom off the side of the three balls by the spot to send the CB up table.

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                  I also see another defensive option that I like. So, this makes it two defensive options and two offensive options.
                  Last edited by OneRock; 08-18-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                    Any speed to the table ? if so I'd look at two railing the 5ball and get the CB near the 9ball.
                    that's what I saw too, good shot Rod...

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                      This is what I'd probably shoot (post #8) but at the table I'd look to see whether I could shoot the 7 into the inside corner of ghost's pocket to double it and draw whitey back to about where it is now.

Comment

double bank the 7 into the 10 with low right.......

Comment

Don't even think about leaving the 7 there.

I think you can get over by your side and leave him on your side of the 2 ball.

Comment

Bank the 7 to your pocket and leave the cue ball up table.

Comment

Play a ticky off the 7 with top left moving the 7 above the 3 balls on the spot and locking the cb onto the 3 balls.

Comment

Working...
                              X