Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

added the us open 8 man invitational in Virginia and also Pepijn's OPS in the Netherlands to the events calendar...keep em coming, let me know when we know of more booked events!

Comment

Great job cincy

Comment

Nice, Cincy! Looks great.

Comment

This one just came across the wire
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
            That is a damn nice prize fund right there!!! I wonder -- it doesn't say if you have to be a New Jersey resident or not, but with that kind of money you would think open???
            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
            -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Now, cincy what do we do with results for completed events??

https://cuescore.com/tournament/3e+O...ONSHIP/1499629
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

nice job, Chris!!

Comment

saw this on Facebook:

Limited and invitational
                  ONE-POCKET
                  TOURNAMENT
                  "B" LEVEL SEPT 16th and 17th STARTS AT 11:00 am $50
                  "MID" LEVEL SEPT 23rd and 24th $100
                  Bill Rowsey SOUTHAVEN RECREATION CENTER
                  901-277-3740
                  -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

B level

Steve, that Tourney is a qualifier. We just finished our first monthly Mid level Tourney. The format is the Sep 15 weekend will be C D type handicaps playing each other for a prize fund. The top 4 finishers move into the final 4 spots in the main event the following weekend of Sep. 22. This is players of B type handicaps only no A players such as Rowsey. The 4 player making it in also get a 8/7 spot
                    We also have loser breaks meaning flip first break then the loser of each game breaks the next rack. Talk about leveling the field! The winner of the Qualifier finished 3rd in this past weekends event. I love this idea Bill came up with.
                    Fellas you talk about a great poolroom man and hell of a great friend.this came by me and a few others sayin" Bill when you gonna have a one hole Tourney?" He said help me get it goin and I'll add a thousand. Just like that and In the middle of play Saturday he announced he's gonna do it again next month.
                    I had a blast and finished 10th!~T
                    PS any one that payed their entry can win this event.

Comment

Originally posted by one pocket guy View Post
                      Steve, that Tourney is a qualifier. We just finished our first monthly Mid level Tourney. The format is the Sep 15 weekend will be C D type handicaps playing each other for a prize fund. The top 4 finishers move into the final 4 spots in the main event the following weekend of Sep. 22. This is players of B type handicaps only no A players such as Rowsey. The 4 player making it in also get a 8/7 spot
                      We also have loser breaks meaning flip first break then the loser of each game breaks the next rack. Talk about leveling the field! The winner of the Qualifier finished 3rd in this past weekends event. I love this idea Bill came up with.
                      Fellas you talk about a great poolroom man and hell of a great friend.this came by me and a few others sayin" Bill when you gonna have a one hole Tourney?" He said help me get it goin and I'll add a thousand. Just like that and In the middle of play Saturday he announced he's gonna do it again next month.
                      I was there too. Played like crap but had a ball. Todd and Rowsey are a kick to hang with, and there are several others in this group that are fun to be around too.

This has got to be one of the better old school rooms. For its size -- 11 9-footers, 1 snooker, and about 10 bar boxes -- it's amazing how much play he gets (at least on Friday and Saturday, the only times I've been there) young, middle-aged and old. A credit to Rowsey and his staff. Top notch all.

Plus, Rowsey will bet you the sun don't shine. He cleaned up on the eclipse.

Comment

Originally posted by one pocket guy View Post
                        I met Bill at our Lacy's member tourney - heck of a nice guy! I look forward to being able to check out his pool room when i get the opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                          Now, cincy what do we do with results for completed events??

https://cuescore.com/tournament/3e+O...ONSHIP/1499629
                          good question.

Maybe we could just add a news post with a link to the results or I could put the link to the results in the calendar description of the event - however since its in the past no one will really see it unless they decide to go back in time on the events calendar.

Let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                            thanks John, added...

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                              saw this on Facebook:
                              thanks, added!

Comment

Dec US Open one pocket cancelled

CueSports International is excited to announce that the 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championship will be March 20-22 at Griff’s in Las Vegas and it will be followed by the 2018 US Open One Pocket March 22-25.

Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts and time constraints, CSI has cancelled the 2017 US Open One Pocket previously scheduled for December. We regret any inconvenience this may cause for players who had planned to attend.

The 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championships will begin Tuesday, Mar. 20. It will be a short-rack format using a 9-ball rack, double-elimination. The race will be to four on the winner’s side and to three on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $240, which includes a $25 administration fee and a $15 green fee. A minimum of $2,500 will be added. If the field reaches 48, $5,000 will be added.

The 2018 US Open One Pocket Championships begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22, as the Bank Pool Championship draws to a close. It will be double elimination, race to 4 on the winner’s side and a race to 3 on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $350, which includes a $25 administration fee and a $25 green fee. $5,000 will be added.

Both events will be played at Griff’s, 3650 S. Decatur Blvd in Las Vegas. The tournaments will be played on 9-foot Diamond tables with Simonis 860 Tour Blue Cloth and Cyclop balls.

CSI will begin taking entries for the tournaments Oct. 1, 2017.

For more information, contact Mary Coffman, CSI Marketing Manager, at 702-719-7665 or by email at mary@playcsipool.com.

What a cluster F*** They can't even get the dates right in their press releases..

Comment

Working...
                                X