Events Calendar

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
$550 entry for the one hole ($50 green fee), and only $1000 added? Then they rake 10% out of the Calcutta. Joe better not read this one....:rolleyes::) Looks like they're expecting the pros to create their own prize fund.

~Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
$550 entry for the one hole ($50 green fee), and only $1000 added? Then they rake 10% out of the Calcutta. Joe better not read this one....:rolleyes::) Looks like they're expecting the pros to create their own prize fund.

~Doc

They aren't "raking the calcutta", they are actually taking the money and putting it back into the player's prize fund. Which is pretty good, in my mind. If you are in the Calcutta, the tip is already taken care of to the winner.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
They aren't "raking the calcutta", they are actually taking the money and putting it back into the player's prize fund. Which is pretty good, in my mind. If you are in the Calcutta, the tip is already taken care of to the winner.

Yes, I like it too. I almost always prefer an objective solution to a subjective one, and it gives those who wouldn't be inclined to tip the choice of paying or not bidding.

OTOH, if I cash after going tits up 4 or 5 times in a row, the tip feels like paying income tax. :eek:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Okay, I see what they're doing. They'll take 10% of the Calcutta fund and add it to the tournament prize fund.

So for the 1P, 16 players at $450 equals $7200, plus $1K added, equals $8200. Then whatever the Calcutta is will add 10% of that to the $8200. So if the Calcutta were to be $10K, then the total tourny prize fund would be $9200.

That means if a guy pays $500 entry (plus his expenses), he's taking a shot at perhaps a $2300 first place. I guess a possible 4.5 to 1 return for one of the better players makes it worthwhile.

~Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
It's ironic listening to you all talking about this and that about each venue. Payouts, greens fees, equipment etc. Since I played in a Large number of these events over 30 years, the poster/flyer has to say EVERYTHING up front to a point. It's amusing to see some of the questions that kept arising during the early McDermott Tour Mc Chesney Days of yore being asked again for bank and one hole events. It's critical for players to KNOW the Cue Ball that's in play. Period. How much per hour, or how much coin drop is important, just like race length and match times. It's always good to read each flyer like a hawk, and question loose ends. All bar owners are not created equal. :). The question that's NOT asked is always the problem.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
West Coast Swing schedule announced -- including two One Pocket events.

Attachments

• West Coast Swing.jpg
    West Coast Swing.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Also, our member pepijndw has just announced his 2018 One Pocket tournament series -- great to see One Pocket getting more attention in Europe!!!

http://www.onepocketseries.nl/

I believe the final one in September is for those who qualified in the prior four.

How about we ask if our winner in June can be considered "qualified" and OnePocket.org sponsors that player (or maybe the next highest finisher in line who can make that trip -- with some sponsorship support from OnePocket.org)?

What do you say, onepocket.org members, and pepijndw??

I know I would go in a heartbeat!!

Attachments

• One Pocket Series 2018.jpg
    One Pocket Series 2018.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Also, our member pepijndw has just announced his 2018 One Pocket tournament series -- great to see One Pocket getting more attention in Europe!!!

http://www.onepocketseries.nl/

I believe the final one in September is for those who qualified in the prior four.

How about we ask if our winner in June can be considered "qualified" and OnePocket.org sponsors that player (or maybe the next highest finisher in line who can make that trip -- with some sponsorship support from OnePocket.org)?

What do you say, onepocket.org members, and pepijndw??

I know I would go in a heartbeat!!

I'll be visiting the Netherlands for a couple days in March and hoping to hook up with him.

Pepijn, sorry i haven't gotten back to you yet. We're still working out our trip details.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Found this weekly event -- I don't know if this is considered too local or not, but it is One Pocket!!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
wow, nice find Steve!

all have been added (I think) - let me know if I missed any!

Also on a side note I am trying to look around for another calendar solution for the website. The plugin we are using now is fine but like most, they give you some basic features for free but then you have to pay to get all the bells and whistles.

Before evaluating if the plugin is worth spending the extra money on, I am going to see what else I can find.

The main thing that this free version lacks and what I would be looking for in a new plugin would be:

Recurring events: currently if there is a weekly or monthly tournament, I have to physically go in and create a new event every time and fill out all the fields. If it had the recurring event feature, we could enter it once, set up recurring times and be done!

I will let you know what i find but for now, I will keep adding them as they are posted here. By the way, I think local or not, any one pocket tourney we find we should list here if we have the info on it. That way, we can hopefully be the main source for finding one hole / bank tourneys in the future for all players!