Bill Rowsey SOUTHAVEN RECREATION CENTER
901-277-3740

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
B level

B level

Steve, that Tourney is a qualifier. We just finished our first monthly Mid level Tourney. The format is the Sep 15 weekend will be C D type handicaps playing each other for a prize fund. The top 4 finishers move into the final 4 spots in the main event the following weekend of Sep. 22. This is players of B type handicaps only no A players such as Rowsey. The 4 player making it in also get a 8/7 spot
We also have loser breaks meaning flip first break then the loser of each game breaks the next rack. Talk about leveling the field! The winner of the Qualifier finished 3rd in this past weekends event. I love this idea Bill came up with.
Fellas you talk about a great poolroom man and hell of a great friend.this came by me and a few others sayin" Bill when you gonna have a one hole Tourney?" He said help me get it goin and I'll add a thousand. Just like that and In the middle of play Saturday he announced he's gonna do it again next month.
I had a blast and finished 10th!~T
PS any one that payed their entry can win this event.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Steve, that Tourney is a qualifier. We just finished our first monthly Mid level Tourney. The format is the Sep 15 weekend will be C D type handicaps playing each other for a prize fund. The top 4 finishers move into the final 4 spots in the main event the following weekend of Sep. 22. This is players of B type handicaps only no A players such as Rowsey. The 4 player making it in also get a 8/7 spot
We also have loser breaks meaning flip first break then the loser of each game breaks the next rack. Talk about leveling the field! The winner of the Qualifier finished 3rd in this past weekends event. I love this idea Bill came up with.
Fellas you talk about a great poolroom man and hell of a great friend.this came by me and a few others sayin" Bill when you gonna have a one hole Tourney?" He said help me get it goin and I'll add a thousand. Just like that and In the middle of play Saturday he announced he's gonna do it again next month.

I was there too. Played like crap but had a ball. Todd and Rowsey are a kick to hang with, and there are several others in this group that are fun to be around too.

This has got to be one of the better old school rooms. For its size -- 11 9-footers, 1 snooker, and about 10 bar boxes -- it's amazing how much play he gets (at least on Friday and Saturday, the only times I've been there) young, middle-aged and old. A credit to Rowsey and his staff. Top notch all.

Plus, Rowsey will bet you the sun don't shine. He cleaned up on the eclipse. :heh

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

I met Bill at our Lacy's member tourney - heck of a nice guy! I look forward to being able to check out his pool room when i get the opportunity!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Dec US Open one pocket cancelled

Dec US Open one pocket cancelled

CueSports International is excited to announce that the 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championship will be March 20-22 at Griff’s in Las Vegas and it will be followed by the 2018 US Open One Pocket March 22-25.

Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts and time constraints, CSI has cancelled the 2017 US Open One Pocket previously scheduled for December. We regret any inconvenience this may cause for players who had planned to attend.

The 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championships will begin Tuesday, Mar. 20. It will be a short-rack format using a 9-ball rack, double-elimination. The race will be to four on the winner’s side and to three on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $240, which includes a $25 administration fee and a $15 green fee. A minimum of $2,500 will be added. If the field reaches 48, $5,000 will be added.

The 2018 US Open One Pocket Championships begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22, as the Bank Pool Championship draws to a close. It will be double elimination, race to 4 on the winner’s side and a race to 3 on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $350, which includes a $25 administration fee and a $25 green fee. $5,000 will be added.

Both events will be played at Griff’s, 3650 S. Decatur Blvd in Las Vegas. The tournaments will be played on 9-foot Diamond tables with Simonis 860 Tour Blue Cloth and Cyclop balls.

CSI will begin taking entries for the tournaments Oct. 1, 2017.

For more information, contact Mary Coffman, CSI Marketing Manager, at 702-719-7665 or by email at mary@playcsipool.com.

What a cluster F*** They can't even get the dates right in their press releases..

CSI News

US Open One Pocket & US Open Bank Championships - Corrected

US Open One Pocket & US Open Bank Championships - Corrected

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

2018 US Open One Pocket & US Open Bank Championships to be held in Las Vegas

CueSports International, Henderson, NV (Sept. 1, 2017) --- CueSports International is excited to announce that the 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championship will be March 20-22 at Griff’s in Las Vegas and it will be followed by the 2018 US Open One Pocket March 22-25.

Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts and time constraints, CSI has cancelled the 2017 US Open One Pocket previously scheduled for December. We regret any inconvenience this may cause for players who had planned to attend.

The 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championships will begin Tuesday, Mar. 20. It will be a short-rack format using a 9-ball rack, double-elimination. The race will be to four on the winner’s side and to three on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $240, which includes a $25 administration fee and a $15 green fee. A minimum of $2,500 will be added. If the field reaches 48, $5,000 will be added.

The 2018 US Open One Pocket Championships begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, Mar. 22, as the Bank Pool Championship draws to a close. It will be double elimination, race to 4 on the winner’s side and a race to 3 on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $350, which includes a $25 administration fee and a $25 green fee. $5,000 will be added.

Both events will be played at Griff’s, 3650 S. Decatur Blvd in Las Vegas. The tournaments will be played on 9-foot Diamond tables with Simonis 860 Tour Blue Cloth and Cyclop balls.

For more information, contact Mary Coffman, CSI Marketing Manager, at 702-719-7665 or by email at mary@playcsipool.com.

CSI is the parent company of the BCA Pool League and the USA Pool League. CSI also produces independent events like the US Bar Table Championships, US Open 10-Ball Championship, US Open 8-Ball Championship, and much more. For more information, visit www.playcsipool.com or call CSI at 702-719-POOL.

CueSports International (CSI) ◊ 2041 Pabco Rd., Henderson, NV 89011 ◊ 702-719-7665 ◊ 866-USA-POOL
View attachment (170901) USOPENOnePocketBanks.pdf

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
This one looks like it is a monthly, every third Saturday of the month -- but maybe there are some holiday or other major event exceptions:

http://www.californiabilliards.com/tournaments.html

This is a nice tournament. $30 entry fee and they pay fewer places so the top spots payout is high. Chris also adds $$ depending on the number of entries.

It is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me so I usually get a room and go a day early to play a little golf.

We are lucky to have both of these local tournaments every month to keep up our one pocket fix. For those looking for action, that is also available.

pepijndw

Verified Member
From
The Hague, The netherlands
Now, cincy :):) what do we do with results for completed events??

https://cuescore.com/tournament/3e+ONE+POCKET+SERIES+CHAMPIONSHIP/1499629

Thanks for mentioning us Steve ;-)

@cincy_kid The plugin 'The events calendar' is great to work with. I started working on this very same idea last week, but now I found out you guys are faster than me...lol. I might want to reconsider building the same thing.

You might want to add The One Pocket Series Grand Finale on September 24th, 2017.

Top 16 of the OPS ranking is qualified for this final day. No entry fee. €1400 added.

1st €500,-
2nd €225,-
3rd €125,-
5th-8th €75,-

Double KO until last 4, races to 3 (maybe 4) + shoot-out on hill-hill until last 4, from there on races to 4 no shoot-out.

Details:
Venue
Hague 5
Gortstraat 7
2552DZ, The Hague
The Netherlands
www.hague5.nl

Organization
One Pocket Series
The Netherlands
Email: info@onepocketseries.nl
CueScore event: https://cuescore.com/tournament/ONE+POCKET+SERIES+GRAND+FINALE/1499635

I don't have an English flyer for you guys. You might want to add the logo for the events page:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

2018 US Open One Pocket & US Open Bank Championships to be held in Las Vegas

CueSports International, Henderson, NV (Sept. 1, 2017) --- CueSports International is excited to announce that the 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championship will be March 20-22 at Griff’s in Las Vegas and it will be followed by the 2018 US Open One Pocket March 22-25.

The 2018 US Open One Pocket Championships begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, Mar. 22, as the Bank Pool Championship draws to a close. It will be double elimination, race to 4 on the winner’s side and a race to 3 on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $350, which includes a $25 administration fee and a $25 green fee. $5,000 will be added.

CSI is the parent company of the BCA Pool League and the USA Pool League. CSI also produces independent events like the US Bar Table Championships, US Open 10-Ball Championship, US Open 8-Ball Championship, and much more. For more information, visit www.playcsipool.com or call CSI at 702-719-POOL.

CueSports International (CSI) ◊ 2041 Pabco Rd., Henderson, NV 89011 ◊ 702-719-7665 ◊ 866-USA-POOL
View attachment 19246

added, thank you!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for mentioning us Steve ;-)

@cincy_kid The plugin 'The events calendar' is great to work with. I started working on this very same idea last week, but now I found out you guys are faster than me...lol. I might want to reconsider building the same thing.

You might want to add The One Pocket Series Grand Finale on September 24th, 2017.

Top 16 of the OPS ranking is qualified for this final day. No entry fee. €1400 added.

1st €500,-
2nd €225,-
3rd €125,-
5th-8th €75,-

Double KO until last 4, races to 3 (maybe 4) + shoot-out on hill-hill until last 4, from there on races to 4 no shoot-out.

Details:
Venue
Hague 5
Gortstraat 7
2552DZ, The Hague
The Netherlands
www.hague5.nl

Organization
One Pocket Series
The Netherlands
Email: info@onepocketseries.nl
CueScore event: https://cuescore.com/tournament/ONE+POCKET+SERIES+GRAND+FINALE/1499635

I don't have an English flyer for you guys. You might want to add the logo for the events page:

Thanks Pepijn, added! We are happy to add all of your future events just post them here or email me them, thanks!

Yes the calendar is a nice plugin but I will need to go in and edit some of the tpl files eventually to format the event list to look better and not all of the words ran together, but that's for another time.... :)

pepijndw

Verified Member
From
The Hague, The netherlands
Thanks Pepijn, added! We are happy to add all of your future events just post them here or email me them, thanks!

Yes the calendar is a nice plugin but I will need to go in and edit some of the tpl files eventually to format the event list to look better and not all of the words ran together, but that's for another time.... :)

Thanks! I'll do that when we've planned the events for next year. You guys are the best.

I just noticed I've made a mistake in the address of Hague 5.
It's 2511 AP, The Hague (instead of 2552DZ). Can you change that please? Thanks

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks! I'll do that when we've planned the events for next year. You guys are the best.

I just noticed I've made a mistake in the address of Hague 5.
It's 2511 AP, The Hague (instead of 2552DZ). Can you change that please? Thanks

ok, address fixed! :)