No announcement yet.

WWYD - ck vs pib - 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd probably look at banking the 13 and tripling him up on his pocketed ball, with emphasis on the CB.

First thing I'd do is walk to the head of the table and see where my "triple up zone" was and approach the bank with the idea that the CB placement was paramount.

There is also the cutesy shot where you shoot the three at the 15 and try to make the 3 in your pocket. This would be a great shot except you're treetopped and cueing I awkward.
    Last edited by straightback; 08-28-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

If there are no kicks available then I'm going to shoot the 3ball into the hanging ball and play cue ball to the bottom rail. With this take out, many good things can happen for the shooter. You can actually take both balls out, you can pocket the hanging ball and also the 3ball into your pocket, and you can pocket the hanging ball, and the 3ball can leave the area. Playing the cue ball to the bottom rail will cut down on the possible return shots on the 3ball.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by straightback View Post
        I'd probably look at banking the 13 and tripling him up on his pocketed ball, with emphasis on the CB.

First thing I'd do is walk to the head of the table and see where my "triple up zone" was and approach the bank with the idea that the CB placement was paramount.

There is also the cutesy shot where you shoot the three at the 15 and try to make the 3 in your pocket. This would be a great shot except you're treetopped and cueing I awkward.
        Dan, you don't want to do that, trust me. You have to deal with the hanging ball in some fashion.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Like many of you have suggested, I like kicking the hanging ball, but only if this option is available off the head rail. I would also consider jumping over the edge of the intervening ball for that same purpose. If I'm not feeling it, I would resort to one of Billy's variations.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
            Dan, you don't want to do that, trust me. You have to deal with the hanging ball in some fashion.

Dr. Bill
            I like your shot but the bridging is mighty awkward over three balls. The hit on the three is full enough that it looks like you'd have to get a pretty stiff punch on the CB to both walk it to the foot rail and to not leave the 3 on his doorstep. I guess you'd advise that it is just an unsavory shot you just gotta take on, huh?
            Last edited by straightback; 08-29-2017, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Playing Monday morning quarterback, if I could go back, I think I would have probably elected to shoot the 3 into the hanging ball as a couple had suggested or take the 1 rail long kick (mirror shot) and try to pocket the hanging ball. I don't even think the kick was a consideration in my mind at the time though. That's one of the things I need to work on is I see shots almost instantly and usually try to carry them out right after. Instead of looking for 3 or 4 shots and choosing the best one.

In any case, it was definitely awkward jacking up over the 14, but I elected to try to shoot the 7 ball 2 rails to my side and roll forward with the CB to pocket the hanging ball.

My CB was bad and I sold out, here was the ending result:

Comment

Originally posted by straightback View Post
                I like your shot but the bridging is mighty awkward over three balls. The hit on the three is full enough that it looks like you'd have to get a pretty stiff punch on the CB to both walk it to the foot rail and to not leave the 3 on his doorstep. I guess you'd advise that it is just an unsavory shot you just gotta take on, huh?
                Exactly, there's no guarantee that you'll do well with the 3ball take out shot. However, you will create action and the action you create figures to be all good with the exception of a solid double kiss you may get if you hit the 15ball on the left side of the ball. Hitting the 15ball on the right it's all good, you may even pocket the 3ball, hitting the rail to the left of the 15ball you figure to move both balls out of the area, and finally hitting the rail to the right of the 15ball you will pocket the 15ball and possibly pocket the 3ball or it will leave the foot end of the table.

So, choosing the 3ball option you figure to do well with the shot, but then again it's not guaranteed. It's just an unsavory shot you should take on.

Dr. Bill

Comment

It is impossible to tell from the photos if there was room to fit the cue ball between the seven and that pink stripe ball, but this is an alternative that I didn't see posted. The angle is pretty natural with a half ball hit and plenty of left english. The english will help to send the cue ball into the hanger should you come up short and catch the side rail first.
                  Attached Files

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                    Exactly, there's no guarantee that you'll do well with the 3ball take out shot. However, you will create action and the action you create figures to be all good with the exception of a solid double kiss you may get if you hit the 15ball on the left side of the ball. Hitting the 15ball on the right it's all good, you may even pocket the 3ball, hitting the rail to the left of the 15ball you figure to move both balls out of the area, and finally hitting the rail to the right of the 15ball you will pocket the 15ball and possibly pocket the 3ball or it will leave the foot end of the table.

So, choosing the 3ball option you figure to do well with the shot, but then again it's not guaranteed. It's just an unsavory shot you should take on.

Dr. Bill
                    Thanks for your explanation, Bill. I have a tendency to sometimes duck these shots in favor of a shot where I can put a decent stroke down. I bank well, but due to my height, I also shoot over balls quite accurately, so I should be mindful of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
                      One rail kick off the to rail into the hanging ball. Nice mirror line and not jacked up.

Tom
                      Perfect. Nice and easy. I might go a little short and open it up with a little running English...big ball.
                      Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

Working...
                      X