WWYD - ck vs pib - 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD - ck vs pib - 2

In this situation, pib is up 1-0 in ball count and he has a few balls by his hole. He plays a safety and freeezes me onto the side of the 9 ball and looked pretty ugly.

Your shot, WWYD?

behind cb view

pocket view

foot rail view

Barely get the 12 to the rail and try to freeze QB right there on the 9.

Comment

WWYD - ck vs pib - 2

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
      Barely get the 12 to the rail and try to freeze QB right there on the 9.

My thought also. 👍
      Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Don't see much else. I agree with pilot.
        I think you just want to get to the next inning.
        You need to get to a position where you can get underneath those balls by the hole or be able to blast one in and clear the pocket.

Comment

yup, me too
          Renegade

Comment

One heck of a trap, no question about it. I'd take a foul, leaving the CB pretty much where it is. I wouldn't bother trying to get the 12 to the rail because I wouldn't want him to see the 7. I also wouldn't want to create distance between the CB and the 12 because he'll be able to comfortably move it out of there while keeping me frozen to the 9.

By the time this little battle is over, I'd like to see a score of -1 / -2.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
              Don't see much else. I agree with pilot.
              I think you just want to get to the next inning.
              You need to get to a position where you can get underneath those balls by the hole or be able to blast one in and clear the pocket.
              its too bad the 5 can easily be caromed off the 1
              otherwise this might be an option
              i would take an intentional like everyone else

Click image for larger version

Name:	ck pin wwyd 2 - 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	396195

Comment

This is a very tough situation. It appears you can go off the seven ball with inside english and attempt to freeze him either in the stack or on the eight. If accomplished you might get him to take and intentional which would at least offer up a kick safety.

Comment

I would shoot a longer version of Larry's shot...kicking with some speed 3 rails into the 5 & 1, and take my chances on the outcome - I will have a decent chance of coming out safe.

- Ghost
                  jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Larry that is a great idea, totally missed that one. All the shots I came up with resulted in my oponant sticking me behind the 13 which is death.

Originally posted by lll View Post
                    its too bad the 5 can easily be caromed off the 1
                    otherwise this might be an option
                    i would take an intentional like everyone else

[ATTACH]19118[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of the 3-rail kick/safety because:

1. I'm not going to be very comfortable jacking up over the 12 to send the CB 3 or 4 rails. Besides, this move isn't going to get me out of the woods even if I get lucky enough not to leave my opponent a shot.

2. If I take a foul here as I described in my previous post, my opponent could very well do the same to keep me in the trap. The same 3-railer will likely be available on my next inning unless something else develops that could help me to improve my situation or get out of the trap altogether.

That said, if you're comfortable shooting the 3-railer now, there's a good chance one ball might go off the other, leaving him no shot. And if on your next inning there's no ball near his hole, you might be able to further improve your position. As they say, fortune favors the bold.

Comment

Wwyd

I don't like leaving the cue ball where it is or bunting the 12 to the rail because your opponent will move the 7 ball from your side and freeze you to the back of the 8-3. This,IMO,would be far worse than the situation that he has you in now.I would play the cue 3 rails into the balls in front of his pocket. I figure I am 90-95% to make a good solid hit here so I feel this is going to give me my best chance . The 4 railer which Larry has shown requires too much speed control for me and does not remedy the 2 problem balls. Your opponent surely feels pretty good about his chances here and taking those 2 balls out will definitely change his demeanor. Maybe somebody with a table could set this up and let us know the outcome. I play 3 and 4 rail kick safeties a lot. (because I am always in a trap) They are an invaluable tool to have in your arsenal.Kudos to The Ghost for seeing this shot first.

Comment

I would have to start thinking about taking a one-rail foul onto the wrong side of the stack and then see what the guy does. I'm basically trying not to lose the game here as an open shot is gonna yield a bunch of balls.

Another shot to consider is Larry's 4 (or 5) rail kick. Might even get a rail off that 14.

Whatever I did, I would keep in mind that I'd love to very soon get the angle to either ticky-kick the hanging ball or do a multi-ball takeout. Or, as I always say to myself, "go bowling."

Jerry's shot of thinning of the 7 would be nice but shooting that delicate of a shot while treetopped can be quite nerve wracking.
                          Last edited by straightback; 08-28-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I see giving up about 6 balls from pretty much anywhere except where the cue ball is right now. I'm bunting the 12 to stick to the 9 if I can.
                            Renegade

Comment

Originally posted by Jakie View Post
                              I don't like leaving the cue ball where it is or bunting the 12 to the rail because your opponent will move the 7 ball from your side and freeze you to the back of the 8-3. This,IMO,would be far worse than the situation that he has you in now.I would play the cue 3 rails into the balls in front of his pocket. I figure I am 90-95% to make a good solid hit here so I feel this is going to give me my best chance . The 4 railer which Larry has shown requires too much speed control for me and does not remedy the 2 problem balls. Your opponent surely feels pretty good about his chances here and taking those 2 balls out will definitely change his demeanor. Maybe somebody with a table could set this up and let us know the outcome. I play 3 and 4 rail kick safeties a lot. (because I am always in a trap) They are an invaluable tool to have in your arsenal.Kudos to The Ghost for seeing this shot first.
                              Jacked up over the 9, I doubt you'll hit the 7 well enough to freeze to the back of the 8. I considered the three rail kick but quickly threw it out because I couldn't possibly get lucky enough to get safe from there. Now if there was only one ball in front of the hole then the three rail kick would look much more viable.
                              Last edited by jtompilot; 08-29-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X