Is this site secure?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
actually, nevermind, I see what you mean. It happens for me on AZB but not on onepocket.org.

Look in the upper left hand corner before the URL in my screen shots:

It could be that AZB has an SSL certificate that needs configured but I am merely guessing.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Yea I see that too, not really sure, I would have to look into it more.

Unless you are entering credit card numbers in on onepocket.org (which there is no place to even do that) - then you should be ok :)

If you are making a donation you would do that through paypal, if you are buying any merchandise, you do that through the store sites...so there is no exchange of personal data that actually happens on onepocket.org other than the stories we tell through our posts.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
The reality is that nothing is secure.
Hackers can get into just about anything they want.
While the Pay Pal site is probably as secure as physically possible, the weakness would be your own computer.
If you have Norton or one of the other antivirus programs running , you can stop the novice hacks all day long , but the sophisticated thieves would laugh at it.
I don't do banking or anything that requires my social security number or routing numbers online unless it is impossible to do it any other way.
Then I don't put it in on my computer, I call the place I am dealing with and have them enter it from their site.
That still leaves an opening either by the person at the other end , or if their site is hacked.
But, it is a lot less likely they are more vulnerable than me.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
No matter what browser I use both www.onepocket.org and www.azbilliards.com are shown as Not Secure. Is this true for everyone?

I tried entering as https but nothing loads that way.

Mine too, but I just assumed some standard browser warning protocol in Firefox must have been changed recently because I see that browsing other lots of other places too, after only rarely seeing it in the past.